Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My First Trip To England-Advice Needed

Comments

• Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Flight booked! Getting into Heathrow at 10:15am on November 21st and leaving On the 27th. I will see you lovely people for Cardiff Home and Luton Away! 
    That's brilliant, Ross! Remind me to lay on a CAST @TheSwan pre-match event for the occasion!
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Flight booked! Getting into Heathrow at 10:15am on November 21st and leaving On the 27th. I will see you lovely people for Cardiff Home and Luton Away! 
    In exchange for some interesting American beer (which I'll pay for) I'll pick you up from the airport and drop you at your hotel. 
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    That's brilliant, Ross! Remind me to lay on a CAST @TheSwan pre-match event for the occasion!
    A Q&A would be a good idea.
  • Options
    A Q&A with @Rossman92 ?
    its not compulsory is it?
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    My first England trip is finally here, leaving Chicago in a few hours. Many thanks to everyone for the recommendations and for helping me sort my tickets. Hope I get the chance to meet a few of you this week!
    Have a nice holiday, hopefully you'll bring Charlton some luck on the pitch.
  • Options
    Enjoy your trip over and try to make it to the Cafc museum after the Cardiff game if you can and if you want to see a piece of our history and pick up the Play Off trophy.  Hopefully we pick up two wins for you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rossman92 said:
    My first England trip is finally here, leaving Chicago in a few hours. Many thanks to everyone for the recommendations and for helping me sort my tickets. Hope I get the chance to meet a few of you this week!
    How exciting, have a fantastic trip. Hopefully we put on a good couple of performances for you! Enjoy and do a trip report when you can so we can hear about it.
  • Options
    Have you arrived in one piece?
  • Options
    There’s always saturday for the club shop and museum.
    If you’re staying local Charlton house is worth a visit and Greenwich is nearby.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Cutty Sark is a must. Both the ship and the pub - you need to walk along the river front, past Trafalgar Tavern and The Yacht pubs - both worth a look - to get to the pub.
    Check if The Pelton Arms (a little further beyond the Cutty Sark pub) have live music during your stay - usually excellent.
    Enjoy!
    The Market is great. 
    Try Up The Creek for a good night of comedy followed by dancing. Decent nosh upstairs there too Fri/Sat
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    MrWalker said:
    Cutty Sark is a must. Both the ship and the pub - you need to walk along the river front, past Trafalgar Tavern and The Yacht pubs - both worth a look - to get to the pub.
    Check if The Pelton Arms (a little further beyond the Cutty Sark pub) have live music during your stay - usually excellent.
    Enjoy!
    The Market is great. 
    Try Up The Creek for a good night of comedy followed by dancing. Decent nosh upstairs there too Fri/Sat
    All good tips but a decent nosh upstairs is not something you should ask for, unless you go to the Millers  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you are after a lively night tomorrow jump a train fron Greenwich to Cannon St about 15 mins (or DLR to Bank) and walk around the hundreds of bars and pubs in the City of London
  • Options
    If you are after a lively night tomorrow jump a train fron Greenwich to Cannon St about 15 mins (or DLR to Bank) and walk around the hundreds of bars and pubs in the City of London
    Really? I would have thought go to Charing Cross would be a far better bet ?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Rossman92 said:
    Have a great trip @Rossman92

remember when giving advice peeps, Rossman is 27 and not 57
    Thank you! Btw 22 boss 😉
    Friday night, if you want a bubble me old china then get yourself down the rub-a-dub for a few Britneys or a Vera Lynn or two and on the way home grab yourself a ruby and hope you don’t get the tom tits.  Capeesh?
  • Options
    Really? I would have thought go to Charing Cross would be a far better bet ?
    Neither, head over to Old Street and Shoreditch. Best for drinking.....

Drinking in the city on a Friday night is for heathens....
    Drinking in Soho on a Friday night is for tourists........oh wait!!
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Rossman92 said:
    Have a great trip @Rossman92

remember when giving advice peeps, Rossman is 27 and not 57
    Thank you! Btw 22 boss 😉
    Friday night, if you want a bubble me old china then get yourself down the rub-a-dub for a few Britneys or a Vera Lynn or two and on the way home grab yourself a ruby and hope you don’t get the tom tits.  Capeesh?
    And after your ruby ( curry ) you will be creating your own Windy City.
  • Options
    Where’s @Rossman92? I hope the excitement of walking round Charlton on a Thursday wasn’t too much for him.