Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My First Trip To England-Advice Needed

Comments

• Options
    Brentford is 5 minutes from said station and their new ground towers over Kew Bridge Station. Move in next season. Ask nicely you could get a tour. 
  • Options
    Brentford is 5 minutes from said station and their new ground towers over Kew Bridge Station. Move in next season. Ask nicely you could get a tour. 
    I thought it was somewhere close to a national rail station. I tried to keep my trip to the tube because I didnt wanna bother with national rail potentially slowing me down. If I've got any extra time this week I'll tick that off too
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Then again Putney Bridge is way farther away from Craven Cottage than I thought it was so my the sticking with the tube idea backfired on my first ground 
  • Options
    Ah, @Rossman92, you have to get to know the trains rather than the tube! You're CAFC, after all. 

Welcome and have a brilliant time at The Valley. Wish I was there!!
  • Options
    @Rossman92
    Are you awake and excited yet?

enjoy your day, hope you bring us luck 
  • Options
    @Rossman92

where are you sitting today?
  • Options
    Enjoy your day Rossman, don’t forget if you’re in the north stand to sing Valley Floyd Road at 100mph.
  • Options
    Where are you drinking pre-match?
    Are you going to be wearing Stars and Stripes or saying “Well gee, isn’t that quaint” so we can recognise you and say hi?
  • Options
    @Rossman92

J Block north upper 
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    @Rossman92

J Block north upper 
    Can you narrow it down a bit :):smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CatAddick said:
    Are you going to be wearing Stars and Stripes or saying “Well gee, isn’t that quaint” so we can recognise you and say hi?
    Will be in the Fans bar with @GlassHalfFull and some Dutch addicks before the game. No red white and blue for me
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    CatAddick said:
    Will be in the Fans bar with @GlassHalfFull and some Dutch addicks before the game. No red white and blue for me
    Ok, if you're going to be with 'young Al',  we'll see you there.:D
  • Options
    See you in the Museum after the game.
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    @Rossman92

J Block north upper 
    Lol sorry mate, Row X, seat 140, J Block. Facing South
  • Options
    @Rossman92 hope you a have a memorable day today and Tuesday. Enjoy.
  • Options
    Cheers everyone! Buzzing for this!
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Rossman92 said:
    @Rossman92

J Block north upper 
    Lol sorry mate, Row X, seat 140, J Block. Facing South
    Front row seat!
  • Options
    Have the best day Rossman xx
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well, you didn't get a dull 0-0.
  • Options
    Hope you enjoyed that, R.
  • Options
    Rossman hope you enjoyed the game and museum. Let's hope we can snatch a win at Luton for you.
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    I thought it was somewhere close to a national rail station. I tried to keep my trip to the tube because I didnt wanna bother with national rail potentially slowing me down. If I've got any extra time this week I'll tick that off too
    If you want to make it worth your while schlepping over to this side of town to visit Brentford's current/new ground, you could combine it with a tour round the Fuller's Brewery in nearby Chiswick
  • Options
    Nice to meet you Ross, hope you enjoyed your day.
    what were your impressions of a match at the Valley?
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Where’s @Rossman92? I hope the excitement of walking round Charlton on a Thursday wasn’t too much for him. 
    Just into my hostel. Spent the whole day lumping around London visiting some football grounds. Picked up my ticket for the Luton game. Many thanks again to @Croydon). I found out just how many ways you can get in or out of Bank station so that was an exciting start to the day. Checked off pretty much every ground expect Millwall or Palace because I couldnt be bothered. And Brentford because it's nowhere near a rail stop. Can barely feel my feet but an exciting day was had! Buzzing for tomorrow!
    Both a lol and like for this if I could.
    Respect.
     :D 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Rossman92 said:
    Where’s @Rossman92? I hope the excitement of walking round Charlton on a Thursday wasn’t too much for him. 
    Just into my hostel. Spent the whole day lumping around London visiting some football grounds. Picked up my ticket for the Luton game. Many thanks again to @Croydon). I found out just how many ways you can get in or out of Bank station so that was an exciting start to the day. Checked off pretty much every ground expect Millwall or Palace because I couldnt be bothered. And Brentford because it's nowhere near a rail stop. Can barely feel my feet but an exciting day was had! Buzzing for tomorrow!
    Both a lol and like for this if I could.
    Respect.
     :D 
    We have trained him well...

Why ruin a great trip?
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Many thanks everyone for the kind words!! I've gotten next to zero sleep in my hostel because the two bellends above me keep chatting until 1AM. Therefore I feared a draw which would have quite literally put me to sleep, however the boys gave a great performance in a game that had it all, goals, a penalty save, chants about shagging sheep, everything you want in a day out. Met some absolutely wonderful people today and made me remember why this club is so amazing, such a great sense of community and hospitality surrounds Charlton, unlike anything else out there. Many thanks to all the lifers who came and said hello! As luck would have it, I was sat next to @BartramBlitz all game and we had a nice chat.

My first visit to the Valley was everything I could have dreamed of and I enjoyed the hell out of my day. Can't wait for the centenary dinner with the legend that is @GlassHalfFull, as well as Luton on Tuesday. 

At the end of the day, today proved I made the right choice in choosing my football club. The club and the people who support are top class and I couldn't be happier that I made the trip!

I've moved base to Travelodge Woolwich because I'm in need of some actual sleep tonight. Many thanks again to everyone who came and said hello today, truly top class people in SE7
    Glad you had a good day and felt welcomed. 
    Enjoy your sleep you will be fine in travelodge Woolwich