Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

VAR - are you a fan?

Comments

• Options
    But it wasn't "clearly a goal" was it? Otherwise they would have checked it once and gone "that's a goal" and got on with it. 
  • Options
    rina said:

4 1/2 minutes to give a goal which was clearly a goal and which the ref gave as a goal in the wolves v coventry game. it's an absolute fucking joke

The camera angles were "inconclusive" apparently. Surely it only takes one or two views to work that out? Not however many times they rolled it backwards and forward for nearly 5 minutes. Ridiculous.
  • Options

Premier League clubs have approved unanimously the use of semi-automated offside technology (SAOT) for the 2024-25 season.

The plan is to introduce the system after one of the international breaks in September or October, the Premier League said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68791135

• Options
    Seemed really stupid that they didnt implement it this season, especially when its been working for a while elsewhere
  • Options
    edited April 11
  • Options
    Good decision but why wait until an international break? Is it not ready to go for August?
  • Options
    More gadgets. What could go wrong?!
  • Options

Forest definitely aren’t.
    Got to admit, proper stank today.
    A draw would’ve been the best result for Luton so not sure I buy the argument Forest are trying to make here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No. Still not a fan. And I can't see a situation where this changes.

Sadly with us for ever now. 
  • Options
    Coventry 4 Man Utd 3

Well done Coventry on a marvellous comeback. That was possibly the most incredible match in FA Cup history. The joy of the Coventry fans was what football is all about. It was a truly great football moment.

Sadly some lines being drawn on a screen that prove nothing will allow a Manchester Derby final. It’s like Football Nazi eradication of truth.

I hope Man City do another Watford final. F**k VAR.
  • Options
    edited April 21
    Coventry 4 Man Utd 3

Well done Coventry on a marvellous comeback. That was possibly the most incredible match in FA Cup history. The joy of the Coventry fans was what football is all about. It was a truly great football moment.

Sadly some lines being drawn on a screen that prove nothing will allow a Manchester Derby final. It’s like Football Nazi eradication of truth.

:D 

Godwin's Law reached. Time to pack it up. 
  • Options
    F*** all to laugh about

The football history books will be rewritten. VAR is supposed to stop injustices like The Hand of God not create new ones.

If there a high noon duel between Maradona and the creator of VAR then I’d want Maradona to win. I’ll take any real injustices as part of life. It’s football, not a murder enquiry.
    VAR would find a way not to rule out Maradona's Hand of God goal.
  • Options
    F*** all to laugh about

The football history books will be rewritten. VAR is supposed to stop injustices like The Hand of God not create new ones.

If there a high noon duel between Maradona and the creator of VAR then I’d want Maradona to win. I’ll take any real injustices as part of life. It’s football, not a murder enquiry.
    Still waiting for the explanation that a player who was offside being called offside is an injustice.

Disappointing sure, not an injustice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s an injustice if you love football. That was fantasy football pure and simple and then the fantasy was taken away from us. Even if it was mathemically offside (which is yet to be proven) it just goes against the love of the game. 
    It’s only done for the love of TV money.
  • Options
    edited April 21
  • Options
    Coventry 4 Man Utd 3

The Man City who got away with a handball in the area yesterday?
  • Options
    Fair point but my logic is that without VAR it would be Man City v Coventry.

I still haven't seen any freezeframe clearly showing it was offside.
  • Options
    The 'magic' of the FA Cup all but left the building yesterday. 

• Options
    Surely, if VAR isn't used in the early stages of the cup, it shouldn't be used in the later stages.  
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Surely, if VAR isn't used in the early stages of the cup, it shouldn't be used in the later stages.  
    Thought it was used if at a premier league ground as already set up for it?

I might be wrong though.  
  • Options
    I reckon 80% of those complaining about the decision on here, would have just said ‘Ha ha, never mind’ if it had been Man Utd who had the goal disallowed and then lost on penalties. 
  • Options
    Additionally,  VAR failed to overturn the penalty given to Coventry - should never have gone to extra time in first place.