Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite cheese

Comments

• Options
    Our own goats cheese, both hard & soft. 
    Absolutely delicious. 

But as as we have too many goats at the moment & I won’t send any to slaughter, we have to wait for a bit of natural selection. Which means all goats are dry & there’s no milk. 

I miss it so. 
  • Options
    Recently discovered burratta, it’s like mozzarella but even better! Great for salad.
  • Options

Not sure if it’s my favourite - but you should all have a go at this bad boy. 

All the way from Brockley too. 
    Looks nice but I imagine it's expensive? 
    About £7 a jar last time I bought it
  • Options
    Didn't think I was a fan I Brie until I had it in a sandwich with chilli jam and some salad.

The bollox.
  • Options
    brie, but i can eat any cheese apart from the ones with fruit in them and haloumi doesn't really interest me.  Blues are good, and I'm not put off by the smells
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Danish blue on ginger snaps is great. A shout out for Marmite Cheddar too. Gruyere is my all time favourite though.
  • Options
    St Marcellin is lovely if it has aged a bit (a week or two past the best before date) but if I had to choose one cheese, it could only be a decent strong English cheddar. Nothing else is as versatile.
  • Options

My favourite food unfortunately for me. I would say it is something we excel at in this country. I'll probably eat most cheeses as long as they are veggie but I have 3 favourites depending where and when. 

1. M&S Cornish Cruncher, No.7 on the Richter scale. After eating that every other cheddar is cheese for people who don't like cheese. Sandwiches for work and the ultimate cheese on toast. 

2. Stilton, (not the cheap stuff), King of all cheese throughout the known world. Sandwich or biscuit at home

3. Brie. Inoffensive generic something to go with a tomato stuff.  Saturday afternoon sandwich with the wife.

Will definitely give this cheddar a go if my local M&S stocks it - matured for three years they claim.
  • Options
    All of them... current favourite is Bulgarian Goat cheese. Can never leave Roquefort alone during aperitif 
  • Options
    Stilton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Aldi currently selling a Spanish Manchego matured for 9 months. Deeeelish, and under 2 quid.
  • Options
    Hold up!

Digestives?!

I fear that for 35 years I've been missing out....why has noone battered an eyelid that you eat cheese with digestives. 

Digestives are for dunking in tea, especially the caramel ones.

Digestives? With cheese?

Fuck.

I dont even want to try.

But now intrigued 
  • Options
    Havarti. Put it in a sandwich, in an omelette, on a burger, or by itself. It's lovely
  • Options

I love them all:

Mozzarella or Brie in Pannini's

Baked Camembert on French bread / baguette

Blue cheese on Crackers

Halloumi as a snack or wherever sells it

In summary, I cant say no to any 'edible' cheese

• Options
    Applewood Smoked Cheddar aka The Migraine Maker
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    brie, but i can eat any cheese apart from the ones with fruit in them and haloumi doesn't really interest me.  Blues are good, and I'm not put off by the smells
    The only cheese that I was ever put of by the smell was stinking bishop or whatever it's called. 
    The thought of putting that in my mouth literally made me heave. 
  • Options
    Hold up!

Digestives?!

I fear that for 35 years I've been missing out....why has noone battered an eyelid that you eat cheese with digestives. 

Digestives? With cheese?

Fuck.

I dont even want to try.

But now intrigued 
    Digestives with cheese is one of my favourite things. Works beautifully....
    With some nice chutney on top!

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Hold up!

Digestives?!

Digestives? With cheese?

Fuck.

I dont even want to try.

But now intrigued 
    Try them with Stilton that has been in room temperature for 30 minutes.
    You will be hooked.
  • Options
    Everyday my favourite is probably Wensleydale but my top pick for cheese and fresh bread alone would be Vacherin. It’s a soft cows milk cheese you can only buy some of the year when the cows are up in the French/Swiss spline pastures (I think)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty sure we have done cheese. Nonetheless, the King of Cheese is Epoisses. When ripe you can eat it with a spoon - absolutely delicious.
  • Options
    This thread don’t arf whiff a bit!
  • Options
    Blessed are the cheesemakers
  • Options
    Halloumi is amazing in wraps. 
  • Options
    Sob sob sob. Trying to be vegan. This thread is breaking my heart 
  • Options
    Comte
  • Options
    Not much cheese I don’t like.... anything strong or mature generally gets a thumbs up. 
    At the moment my current favourites are Old Amsterdam Gouda and Pont-l'Évêque. 
  • Options
    Posted without reading, a strong cheddar in a proper crusty roll from Ayres with Branston pickle and washed down with an ice cold can of Stella. Try it, they compliment each other perfectly. 
  • Options
    Pretty sure we have done cheese. Nonetheless, the King of Cheese is Epoisses. When ripe you can eat it with a spoon - absolutely delicious.
    I see your Epoisses, and raise you Reblochon... 

Never yet met a traditional-style cheese that I didn't like.  Mass-produced can be okay, sometimes, but, as a pretentious git, I prefer artisan stuff when I can get it (and there are lots of cheeses I'll happily use for cooking/toasting that I'd never eat cold).

A Lancashire (preferably not too mild) with a sweetish apple, as an accompaniment, is lovely. 
  • Options
    Casu Marzu...

NOT IN A MILLION YEARS WOULD I TRY THIS!!

Has live maggots in it.