Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite cheese

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Pont l'Eveque from the Calvados region of France best served with Calvados!
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Pont l'Eveque from the Calvados region of France best served with Calvados!

To be fair, dairylea triangles with calvados would still be pretty good
  • Options
    Mild, light and melted typical cheese that you would either usually find in an omelette or a cheese burger. Can't get enough of it.

Anything else can be a bit frightening. 

Goat cheese is 🤢

Eating unheard of cheese that looks like the slicing of a cake, would probably be the equivalent of a I'm a celeb bush tucker trial for myself.

Mild "boring" cheese, is always the winner
  • Options
    Saw this in my local deli and had to buy it.  Not bad. Not as good as Cowgirl Creamery, but very nice on some crusty bread. 

• Options
    Saw this in my local deli and had to buy it.  Not bad. Not as good as Cowgirl Creamery, but very nice on some crusty bread. 

Although you may also find goats cheese labelled Brie in France, it is actually against French law. It also has to measure between 22-37 cm in diameter.
     décret nº 2007-628 du 27 avril 2007.

Since 2013 there has also been a law preventing 'vegan cheese' to be labelled as cheese or fromage. This law seems far more strickly applied. Such 'cheeses' are labelled as Sheese, Vegeese or 'alternatif végétale de fromage.'

This marks the end of today's French bureaucracy lesson,😉