Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite cheese

Comments

• Options
    Cowgirl Creamery Mt. Tam is beautiful with some crusty bread. 
  • Options
    St Felicien is in my top five. Mild and creamy but with an aromatic edge to begin with, but keep it beyond the sell by date and it ripens beautifully to something more flavoursome and pungent. Even larger Tesco's sell it now.
  • Options
    My current favourite cheese? Danish Dave 😉
  • Options
    The Applewood is smoked flavoured. Not actually smoked but chemicalised.
    It is possible to buy proper smoked cheddar like Godminster Oak Smoked.

• Options
    Have recently discovered Red Fox Vintage Red Leicester and it's so nice.

Anyone else tried it?
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I'm a massive fan of muenster. The german kind, not American.
  • Options
    Have recently discovered Red Fox Vintage Red Leicester and it's so nice.

Anyone else tried it?
    Had it a few months back. Very good.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Another thread that could have been done and dusted inside one post. 

The answer is 'Manchego'. 

You're welcome. 
  • Options
    Just checking to see if Thomas Driesen has infiltrated.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Bix, a triple cream soft cheese from Nettlebed in Oxon. Absolutely superb.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just checking to see if Thomas Driesen has infiltrated.
    Let’s get Matt Southall involved, he can give his views on the nicest combinations of cheese, bread and crisps.
  • Options
    Can't believe I've missed this thread three times around now. I love all cheese except that hardened crumbly northern muck.  Best for me would be a nice soft French cheese. Maybe a blue maybe a goats cheese but something with a lot of flavour. :p Right, I'm off the the fridge now, but I'm not expecting to find anything better than some cheap plastic supermarket cheddar. :(  
  • Options
    Oh, how I love Mrs Stig. I'm back from the fridge with a plate of Somerset Brie with black grapes that I'm washing down with a nice bottle of porter.  <3<3<3
  • Options
    None of it, it makes me 🤢🤮.
    To me, it’s the devil’s helmet cheese.
  • Options
    Nob
  • Options
    Norwegian blue
  • Options
    Not my favourite (that's still probably one of the Snowdonia ones), but the Belton Farm Red Fox Red Leicester that you can get in a few of the supermarkets now is so, so good.
  • Options
    Nice bit of Gorganzola, I used to like a soft cheese, bit like Camembert, came in a oval box with blue lid which I can seem to get anymore.
  • Options
    Don't understand the lack of support for Cheshire cheese ....
  • Options
    edited February 2022

Comté.  Preferably matured for 36 months
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There are so many correct answers to this question. Somerset Tor (a goat's cheese fashioned into an ashy pyramid) is one of the more correct ones. Recently discovered Cornish Yarg to be exceptional. Obviously the essential cheeses - pecorino, mozzarella, camembert, stilton. Note the absence of cheddar - there's always a superior alternative imo
  • Options
    Real Cheddar is gorgeous. Most of what's sold as Cheddar is mass produced and pretty ordinary. It's a shame fore the people of Somerset that they lost control of the Cheddar name.
  • Options
    I buy a mild cheddar in for the grand kids and it is pretty ordinary by any account. 

However, it really makes superb cheese on toast.  I tried it after watching an experiment on TV which placed mild cheddar in the number one spot.  Apparently it is to do with the how it melts under the grill.  Having tried it there is no going back. 
  • Options
    Okay, I know I'm a heathen, but Austrian Smoked Cheese, the stuff that comes in a little plastic sausage. I know it's not actually smoked, I know if you put it in your plastic recycling it would be accepted. But I just like it.
  • Options
    Another thread that could have been done and dusted inside one post. 

The answer is 'Manchego'. 

You're welcome. 

😎
  • Options
    I cannot personally stand any form of Goat Cheese, I guess there must be some people who enjoy it, just haven't met any.
  • Options
    GOUDA
    Bless you!
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    I cannot personally stand any form of Goat Cheese, I guess there must be some people who enjoy it, just haven't met any.
    The jump from the first sentence to the second sentence here is staggering 
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Nice bit of Gorganzola, I used to like a soft cheese, bit like Camembert, came in a oval box with blue lid which I can seem to get anymore.
    Yippee just found out Sainsbury's are stocking it again, thank gawd for this thread

• Options
    Oxford Blue