Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 2019/20

Comments

• Options
    Firmino and Salah should have come on as soon as it went 2-2

Not wait  until there is 7 minutes left to bring Firminho on, what is Klopp expecting in 7 minutes lol
    Very half hearted attempt to avoid a replay

Fully expect Klopp to moan about having to play one if this finishes 2-2

Its about time the BBC got a good FA Cup game though, they usually end up making god awful selections
    Klopp will definitely not want a replay, although to be fair he'll still play kids in it plus it's not as if they have to field full strength sides in the league any more.
    Klopp should have put more effort into winning this game then if he dont want to worry about replays

Reckon they'll keep hold of Chirivella now
  • Options
    They love a pitch invasion. Im getting flashbacks of the wankers when they beat us in the playoffs 
  • Options
    great performance from the Shrews .. they'll lose but will be on a right good earner at Anfield
  • Options
    Still can't stand Shrewsbury. Glad we did the double on them as we went up
  • Options
    Still can't stand Shrewsbury. Glad we did the double on them as we went up
    I was just reading this thread and shocked that everyone else doesn’t share the pathological hatred I have for Shrewsbury, thanks for restoring order @Braziliance !
  • Options
    The FA cup needed that game.  Great comeback for Shrewsbury, an excellent second half after the easy wins earlier this afternoon for the Manchester clubs
  • Options
    Jurgen Klopp has confirmed no 1st team players will be involved in the replay and he wont be managing the team.

I understand he couldn't manage the team against Villa when he wasn't in the country but to not manage the team in a cup replay at your own ground is rubbish
  • Options
    Jurgen Klopp has confirmed no 1st team players will be involved in the replay and he wont be managing the team.

I understand he couldn't manage the team against Villa when he wasn't in the country but to not manage the team in a cup replay at your own ground is rubbish
    Disrespectful to Shrewsbury as well

I get those who mention we shouldnt forget how twattish they've been of late but at the end of the day its Liverpool they're facing - Biggest bunch of twats in the English game
  • Options

Unless there’s some further reasoning for him not taking charge that it’s pretty scandalous tbf. 
  • Options

Yes, I wasn't aware that the winter break was for managers as well!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Unless there’s some further reasoning for him not taking charge that it’s pretty scandalous tbf. 
    Didn’t Bowyer do this away to MK franchise the other year in a cup game?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    That's crazy from Klopp and totally disrespectful.

I completely get that he wants to rest the first team and play kids, that's absolutely his right, but to not turn up himself? Ridiculous.

However in his defence, what is the point of the premier league scheduling a winter break.............and then the FA scheduling cup replays in that winter break. It's either a break or it isn't.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Didn’t Bowyer do this away to MK franchise the other year in a cup game?
    Wasnt Bowyer in the stands watching at the very least?
  • Options
    That's crazy from Klopp and totally disrespectful.

I completely get that he wants to rest the first team and play kids, that's absolutely his right, but to not turn up himself? Ridiculous.

However in his defence, what is the point of the premier league scheduling a winter break.............and then the FA scheduling cup replays in that winter break. It's either a break or it isn't.
    Guess the FA can say that if you take the Cup seriously and dont play kids then unless its an all Premier League tie you shouldnt need to play a replay
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Some potentially decent cup ties in the 5th round draw. 

Chelsea at home to Liverpool (if they beat Shrewsbury)

Sheff Weds v Man City

The BBC will be having a wankfest if Derby beat Northampton as they will play Man Utd.

Portsmouth home to Bournemouth or Arsenal. 
  • Options
    E_cafc said:
    Some potentially decent cup ties in the 5th round draw. 

Chelsea at home to Liverpool (if they beat Shrewsbury)

Sheff Weds v Man City

The BBC will be having a wankfest if Derby beat Northampton as they will play Man Utd.

Portsmouth home to Bournemouth or Arsenal. 
    Hasnt taken them long...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51271468

Already its Wayne Rooney who could face former club Man Utd rather than Derby facing Man Utd

Its a shame because you know BBC will select it yet cant lose; either they get Wayne Rooney v Man Utd or they get Northampton v Man Utd

Shame it couldnt have been a shit tie like Aston Villa v Man Utd had Derby not won
  • Options
    Whoever signed off that handshake thing during the draw needs sacking
  • Options
    They’ve done that a few times now. Seems to be since the draw has been incorporated into the one show.
  • Options
    Full draw:

Sheffield Wednesday v Manchester City

Reading or Cardiff City v Sheffield United

Chelsea v Shrewsbury Town or Liverpool

West Bromwich Albion v Newcastle United or Oxford United

Leicester City v Coventry City or Birmingham City

Northampton Town or Derby County v Manchester United

Southampton or Tottenham Hotspur v Norwich City

Portsmouth v Bournemouth or Arsenal

• Options
    Well Nkeitah isnt going out on loan again this season regardless now

Started for Arsenal tonight
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great tie for Pompey, but will cup success - they are in the semis of the EFL Trophy again - derail their promotion bid?
  • Options
    Bad news for @Covered End as well if Cardiff beat Reading in the replay I can see them beating Sheffield United at home
  • Options
    Nah, Sheff Utd will be fine against either of those sides. Wilder isn’t the type of manager to let his players take it easy.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Nah, Sheff Utd will be fine against either of those sides. Wilder isn’t the type of manager to let his players take it easy.
    Pretty sure Wilder was manager when they lost last year at home to Barnet.

Just saying if Cardiff do win the replay, its  not gonna be an easy win for Sheffield Utd and there is a chance our game will be postponed.

More than if Cardiff were away to City or Chelsea anyway lol
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I like looking back at the “roots” of each FA Cup tie, since each tie is assigned a ball number regardless of who wins, it’s easy to track who would be playing who in alternate universes.

Specifically looking at WBA v Oxford/Newcastle, I noticed that not a single “root” of WBA’s path came from non league:

R5 WBA ->
    R4 West Ham ->
    R3 Charlton/Gillingham ->
    R2 Doncaster ->
    R1 Sunderland/Wimbledon

Whereas their opponents Oxford/Newcastle produce a far more complicated root:

R5 Oxford/Newcastle ->
    R4 Oxford/Newcastle ->
    R3 Rochdale/Hartlepool ->  
    R2 Walsall/Boston Utd/Exeter ->
    R1 Hayes & Yeading/Wrexham/Yeovil/Darlington/Carshalton Ath/Cambridge Utd ->
    4Q Brackley Town/Hednesford Town/Poole Town/Chesterfield/Haringey Borough/Tamworth/Dag & Red ->
    3Q Sutton Coldfield/Hendon/Leamington/Lowestoft Town/Warrington Town/Blyth Spartans/Tooting & Mitcham/Cray Wanderers/Hereford

...and I’m not typing out any more but you get the jist.
  • Options

Just saying if Cardiff do win the replay, its  not gonna be an easy win for Sheffield Utd and there is a chance our game will be postponed.

Fair enough. Sheff U are my dark horse for the competition based on the way the draw is falling for them.

Safe from relegation, mixing it in the top half. I reckon Wilder will fancy his chances of taking his boyhood club to some silverware.
  • Options

Fair enough. Sheff U are my dark horse for the competition based on the way the draw is falling for them.

Safe from relegation, mixing it in the top half. I reckon Wilder will fancy his chances of taking his boyhood club to some silverware.
    They could make the final, I just think it’s so hard now for one of the lessor lights to beat one of the big sides in the final when they’ll play all their best players. 
  • Options
    Bad news for @Covered End as well if Cardiff beat Reading in the replay I can see them beating Sheffield United at home
    Would be good news for me.
    I cant make the 21st of march game
  • Options
    They’ve done that a few times now. Seems to be since the draw has been incorporated into the one show.
    The ignominy.

The once greatest cup competition in the world being sidelined as a feature on the fucking One Show - in between a feature on Gyles Brandreth’s teddy bear collection and Chesney Hawkes playing us out with a doomed to fail “comeback” single.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    The ignominy.

The once greatest cup competition in the world being sidelined as a feature on the fucking One Show - in between a feature on Gyles Brandreth’s teddy bear collection and Chesney Hawkes playing us out with a doomed to fail “comeback” single.
    Not to mention that the 5th round ties are all midweek games. No replays from now on either.