Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 2019/20

Comments

• Interesting comment from Sam Ricketts (Shrewsbury Manager) than the press should be picking up on...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51380211

He added: "It is game 39 for us and it caught up with us. We could not get up to the physicality level."

Shrewsbury this season have played one less game than Liverpool

With them out of the FA Cup it means they'll only play another 19 League games this season

Liverpool can only play a maximum of 24 games (provided they reach both FA Cup and Champions League Finals!!)

But of course, the amount of games played by EFL sides is nothing compared to what the Premier League teams put up with
  • Mate showed me this earlier, I understood the cap and glasses but was baffled by the train ticket.
  • Great goal by Danny Ings for The Saints
  • Hello? Is that the Police?
    I'd like to report a robbery on the Tottenham High Road.  2nd time in 3 days.

How the f*ck did Spurs win that? Southampton absolutely battered us.
  • Wow... BT Sport must have had first choice as they've got Derby v Man Utd (5th March)

BBC have: Chelsea v Liverpool (3rd March) and Sheffield Wednesday v Man City (4th March)
  • Wow... BT Sport must have had first choice as they've got Derby v Man Utd (5th March)

BBC have: Chelsea v Liverpool (3rd March) and Sheffield Wednesday v Man City (4th March)
    Glad I won't be able to witness the Rooney love-in. 
  • Updated draw:

Sheffield Wednesday v Manchester City

Reading v Sheffield United

Chelsea v Liverpool

West Bromwich Albion v Newcastle United 

Leicester City v Birmingham City

Derby County v Manchester United

Tottenham Hotspur v Norwich City

Portsmouth v Arsenal

• Be interesting what team Liverpool field against Chelsea although their first team will be 'refreshed' from their winter break. 
  • Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:
    Be interesting what team Liverpool field against Chelsea although their first team will be 'refreshed' from their winter break. 
    In between league games with Watford and Bournemouth and they're 22 points clear, Klopp has no real excuse to rest players. Although i suspect they're a lot more interested in going the league season unbeaten than they'll admit to.
  • Shame that the BBC picked Sheff Wed v Man City over Portsmouth v Arsenal, reckon there is a much greater chance of an upset in the latter
  • iaitch said:
    Be interesting what team Liverpool field against Chelsea although their first team will be 'refreshed' from their winter break. 
    In between league games with Watford and Bournemouth and they're 22 points clear, Klopp has no real excuse to rest players. Although i suspect they're a lot more interested in going the league season unbeaten than they'll admit to.
    They'll get to a stage where they don't want to lose a game rather than trying to win one.
  • edited March 2020
    FA Cup midweek not being a replay still doesnt sit right with me, bloody Qatar World Cup

Obviously I know there is usually a FA Cup game on a Monday but its usually the last not the first lol
  • edited March 2020
    FA Cup midweek not being a replay still doesnt sit right with me, bloody Qatar World Cup

Obviously I know there is usually a FA Cup game on a Monday but its usually the last not the first lol
    Is this to do with the Qatar World Cup?

I thought it was simply an effort to introduce that winter break we saw back in February so the poor darlings get a rest and that we'll see further changes ahead of that World Cup year
  • FA Cup midweek not being a replay still doesnt sit right with me, bloody Qatar World Cup

Is this to do with the Qatar World Cup?

I thought it was simply an effort to introduce that winter break we saw back in February so the poor darlings get a rest and that we'll see further changes ahead of that World Cup year
    Oh you maybe correct

I thought it was so they could end the season quicker as obviously next season starts earlier, same reason replays have now gone from this round as well
  • Whatever the reason FA Cup midweek is stupid
  • Oh dear Adrian 
  • Cracking game so far
  • Considering their unbeaten run has gone and they're at home to Bournemouth at the weekend, i'm surprised that Salah and Firmino didn't start.

Would surely make more sense to play them tonight, then rest them at the weekend ahead of next midweeks Champions league 2nd leg.
  • Sponsored links:

• Considering their unbeaten run has gone and they're at home to Bournemouth at the weekend, i'm surprised that Salah and Firmino didn't start.

Would surely make more sense to play them tonight, then rest them at the weekend ahead of next midweeks Champions league 2nd leg.
    Think of the Fantasy Football teams with Salah in...
  • Could it really be the wheels are coming off.
  • That goal deserves to win any match.
  • Was going to say that Barkley had been having a shocker...
  • Had to be 3 there Pedro
  • Brilliant goal.

Honestly can't remember the last time i saw Liverpool actually play well in a game.
  • Could it really be the wheels are coming off.
    I think Klopp couldn't give a shit about the FA Cup. 
  • Will Liverpool win again this season?
  • edited March 2020
    Could it really be the wheels are coming off.
    I think Klopp couldn't give a shit about the FA Cup. 
    dont see why, Gomez, VVD, Robertson, Fabinho and Mane all started if thats the case, he didnt bother playing them in the last round, so why bother in this, unless he wanted to win it
  • edited March 2020
    Liverpool are doing a Charlton when it comes to getting over the line in a promotion / championship season.... flat and limping