Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conor Gallagher - first league goal for Chelsea (p77)

Comments

• Options
    Just had a little browse on the Swansea forum. They are not a happy bunch over there, the fans do not seem to have any faith in the managers ability. 

For example I saw one comment that the reason Gallagher has gone from 'bossing' games for us to looking 'powder puff' for them is because of the manager.

Wonder how Chelsea and Gallaghers agent feel about his development at the moment? 
  • Options
    Didn't watch the whole match last night just the last hour or so but Gallagher gave away or lost the ball quite a bit. To his credit he kept trying to drive forward but didn't look as composed on the ball as with us. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Didn't watch the whole match last night just the last hour or so but Gallagher gave away or lost the ball quite a bit. To his credit he kept trying to drive forward but didn't look as composed on the ball as with us. 
    Agreed, I still think he needs a rest, he's lost the sharpness, which is why he's getting caught in possession.
    He was still one of the best players on the pitch.
  • Options
    I suspect as charlton fans we don’t give ourselves us much credit for the support we have been giving the team as we should. Sure, there are plenty of posts and videos about the great support and constant comments and tweets from Bowyer down but the psychological effect of doing something good or trying to do something good but it not quite coming off and getting acknowledgement and encouragement from the charlton fans must just want players to try it again and again and lift their game. Gallagher going from a place where he had 100% encouragement from the stands to one where it sounds like they want to bitch about him can’t be good for his game and morale. Good job it wasn’t Sarr that went there...their support would be in meltdown about a player who scored an own goal at Wembley and regularly nearly gets another in league games, Tuesday night being the latest failed attempt.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Addickted said:
    Are you sure the recall was done for financial/agent reasons @PragueAddick ?

I heard there was another unsavoury possibility over the weekend.
    Well I can't reveal my source publicly, but would be interested to exchange PMs with you. Slightly perturbed that there could be something even more unsavoury than the agent!
    Either take it to PMs or share ! 
    I think I already said what I'd do, didn't I?
    Woah there Nelly, I'm messing around

I know something really really bad that will shock everyone, but I can't share or name my source... I've already said too much !! Ignore I said anything and let's take it to PM... I dont think anyone has noticed shhhhhhj 
    Err. I've shared what I have been told, fully. You tagged the wrong post. 
    I replied to your post and it was a joke, followed by another joke... jesus christ 
    OK sorry. Came across to me as a dig. lets get back to CG...
    To be fair though Prague, you do have form for it.

What exactly was "Meltdown Monday" all about then?
    I can't remember :-) But the "unsavoury" story is not mine, and I have no clue what it might be.

I am standing by my assertion that the move has been driven by his agent, though. Putting aside my confidence that this is what our club privately believes is the reason, if a commercial decision looks a bit odd, it's usually helpful to follow the money, right?

Is anyone aware of another case where Chelsea agreed a year long loan of a youngster and then surprised the other club by pulling him out in Jan? They certainly didn't do that with Jay daSilva. You might say he was a less prized asset than Conor, to which I'd answer that Charlton was a far more risky loan club then. What about other similar FAPL clubs doing similar? Again we have a recent comparison. Bielik. Given the uncertainty this time last year, if the Chelsea story holds, you might have expected Arsenal to say, hmm Krystian has come on nicely, lets move him up to a Championship club. Not a peep, and we kept him for the season, and turned him into a £10m asset.

Something stinks, and I'm confident I know where the smell comes from

not quite the same but wasn't there an agreement for Carlton Cole to come back to us for a second season but they decided he was going to stay and fight for a first team place with them before sending him to villa?
    On the 'Quickly Kevin, Will He Score?' podcast Curbs says that he subbed a sub in the final game and the player was so angry and upset that he refused to come back on loan to us for the next season. Has to be Carlton Cole.

https://media.acast.com/quicklykevin/alancurbishley-charltonathletic-andbeyond...-s05e03/media.mp3
  • Options
    Conor Gallagher: Chelsea youngster aims to follow Frank Lampard's lead at Swansea City https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51773464
  • Options
    So looks like he wanted to move & I was convinced it was against his wishes 
  • Options
    So looks like he wanted to move & I was convinced it was against his wishes 
    Yup. Seems that way. Although to be fair he must have thought we were/are a basket case and he wouldn’t have been far wrong. 
  • Options
    Where is this from?
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    The links from the bbc (4 posts up)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So it wasn’t his nasty agent who forced him to move - what a surprise 
  • Options
    Cheers
  • Options
    Fat Frank is wank
  • Options
    That clears it all up. fair enough, move on.
  • Options
    Well.....he would say that wouldn’t he.
  • Options
    Load of bollocks. If that were the reasoning, why wait until half way through the window, just before the cut off day, and why would Lampard go against the apparent opinion of Flo and Cudicini, whose sole jobs are to look after loan players. And Lampard suddenly discovered the importance of getting a young player away from home, but it never occurred to him in summer? Yeah, right.

I don't think Lampard is such an arsehole, and nor would being an arsehole in this way benefit him (Lampard) much. 

The fact it was done just before cut off makes me think Conor had little say in it. All Chelsea
  • Options
    Load of bollocks. If that were the reasoning, why wait until half way through the window, just before the cut off day, and why would Lampard go against the apparent opinion of Flo and Cudicini, whose sole jobs are to look after loan players. And Lampard suddenly discovered the importance of getting a young player away from home, but it never occurred to him in summer? Yeah, right.

I don't think Lampard is such an arsehole, and nor would being an arsehole in this way benefit him (Lampard) much. 

The fact it was done just before cut off makes me think Conor had little say in it. All Chelsea
    All agent who persuaded someone in Chelsea, is what I have been told. And I really doubt that someone was Lampard. If something looks a bit off, always follow the money.
  • Options

All agent who persuaded someone in Chelsea, is what I have been told. And I really doubt that someone was Lampard. If something looks a bit off, always follow the money.
    Fat Frank had a say in it is what im told. Conor had none

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I get you have an irrational hatred of all agents but this is the quote from CG personally in that article:

"Chelsea and I thought it was best to leave to improve my development. He [Lampard] thought the style of play at Swansea would suit me and I could show what I can do even more. Swansea was definitely the right club for me."

Could not be any clearer.  Lampard/Chelsea/Gallagher decision.  Interestingly Swansea's form since he joined has been rather poor!

• Options
    edited March 2020

I get you have an irrational hatred of all agents but this is the quote from CG personally in that article:

"Chelsea and I thought it was best to leave to improve my development. He [Lampard] thought the style of play at Swansea would suit me and I could show what I can do even more. Swansea was definitely the right club for me."

Could not be any clearer.  Lampard/Chelsea/Gallagher decision.  Interestingly Swansea's form since he joined has been rather poor!

Not necessarily. Lampard may have been happy for Conor to stay at Charlton, but clearly would have disapproved if Conor agent had tried to fix him up at a hoofball side. Swansea are a passing side, so at least the football is fine

And Chelsea might be happy that Conor has had to leave home, so that he can mature off the pitch too
  • Options
    If Lampard said to Conor to jump, the answer would be how high. Still doesn't read like CG instigated the move.
  • Options

If you believe, as gospel, every word of every interview given by a footballer then you are very gullible. 
  • Options
    I know for a fact that CG was gutted to leave us, however Chelsea make him spin it.
  • Options
    Gallagher is a Chelsea boy, he could just be towing the party line.
    Totally agree. He is saying what is expected of him.
  • Options
    I stick with the view I had right from the start; all parties would have been signed up to the change (bar us).

Gallagher come here to get first team exposure and experience of being away from Chelsea. He did better than perhaps all parties were expecting. I suspect by the end of it he was personally getting frustrated playing in a depleted losing team where he was being targeted, other clubs like Swansea saw an opportunity and his agent, Chelsea and Gallagher acted upon it. 

If Gallagher really didn’t want to move then it wouldn’t happen, and people forget that his agent works for him, not the other way round. 
    100% spot on - its convenient to blame the agent - yes, they can put ideas in a players head but as you say, they work for the player, not the other way round and that is that