Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conor Gallagher - first league goal for Chelsea (p77)

Comments

• Options
    Of course, one possible benefit is that if his form continues to dip he might not be so sought after in summer and we might have a chance of getting him for a "reasonable" fee. Long shot, i know...
    Doubtful, although another year on loan might not be out of the question. 
    Maybe, but Price of Football alerted me to the change of financial mood at Chelsea. They need to sell to stem the losses, and they do have a huge reserve of good young players, and somebody there may be arguing that they should "monetise" that reserve.
    Seriously? 

Because of the transfer ban and selling Hazard, they made about 100m profit on transfers last summer, then add in all the tv money and CL money from this season and i can't imagine they're struggling too much. I'm sure Lampard will get well over 100m to spend in the summer.

Although the transfer ban forcing them to play the likes of Abraham, Mount, Tomori and James has saved them an absolute fortune. They also have Hudson-Odoi who is going to be brilliant and they have Loftus-Cheek coming back from injury. 
  • Options
    Of course, one possible benefit is that if his form continues to dip he might not be so sought after in summer and we might have a chance of getting him for a "reasonable" fee. Long shot, i know...
    Doubtful, although another year on loan might not be out of the question. 
    Maybe, but Price of Football alerted me to the change of financial mood at Chelsea. They need to sell to stem the losses, and they do have a huge reserve of good young players, and somebody there may be arguing that they should "monetise" that reserve.
    Seriously? 

Because of the transfer ban and selling Hazard, they made about 100m profit on transfers last summer, then add in all the tv money and CL money from this season and i can't imagine they're struggling too much. I'm sure Lampard will get well over 100m to spend in the summer.

Although the transfer ban forcing them to play the likes of Abraham, Mount, Tomori and James has saved them an absolute fortune. They also have Hudson-Odoi who is going to be brilliant and they have Loftus-Cheek coming back from injury. 
    Seriously.

I've been following Kieran Maguire on Twitter for a while, but I only started listening to his podcasts on Sunday. I think you are the kind of fan who will appreciate them. I might be able to find the particular podcast that I got this from and post it. They have clearly dealt with Duchatelet in the past , there were some passing references in the recent podcasts I devoured.
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/ix7xD0u0DXs
    I’m not crying, you are.
    FFS that was hard to watch. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I am starting to wonder if he really wanted to leave, or was forced to.
    Persuaded, maybe, but players can't be forced to accept a loan move.
    They can be forced back into unders games following recall and be told play for Swansea or play for the u18s...

Coerced may be more accurate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @Chris_from_Sidcup

the Price of Football podcast on Chelsea was released on 16 Jan , soon after Chelsea released their latest accounts. It's what Kieran does, go over club accounts. The main insights I now recall, are:

- Yes we remember whom they've sold but not t whom they've bought. Kieran said seeing the sum spent was a jolt, because he struggled to remember on whom they had spent such vast amounts

- the revenue has dropped greatly because of their failure to be in UCL. He reminds us that prize money works out 80% UCL, 20% Europa League

- Abramovic habit of firing managers costs them dear

- then comes the discussion about RA himself. Not been to a match for two years, but then came a typical nugget. He paid for his private box at Stamford Bridge. How much? £1m per year, that's how much!! Must have been a tax thing, but anyway he doesn't pay that now. 

Well worth a listen, however we think it might affect CG.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    I reckon we might stand a chance of getting him back next season but we will have to insist on him ditching his agent :smile: I only wish him the best but him not doing so well at Swansea may send a signal out that we are a better bet than them to loan players to.
  • Options
    Seems a smashing lad,very special player with so much potential. Wish we Still had him but wish Connor every success.
  • Options
    Are you sure the recall was done for financial/agent reasons @PragueAddick ?

I heard there was another unsavoury possibility over the weekend.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Well I can't reveal my source publicly, but would be interested to exchange PMs with you. Slightly perturbed that there could be something even more unsavoury than the agent!
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Swansea need to get Cullen on loan if they want the best out of Gallagher.

His performances dropped dramatically when Josh was out for us.
    Don’t believe this true, we were a good side with both of them, but disagree that Gallagers performance dropped. Since his arrival, automatic first choice every week.  Crying shame we lost him. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Well I can't reveal my source publicly, but would be interested to exchange PMs with you. Slightly perturbed that there could be something even more unsavoury than the agent!
    Either take it to PMs or share ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Addickted said:

I think I already said what I'd do, didn't I?
  • Options
    I do wonder if he struggles at Swansea if he'll be loaned out again next season. Hopefully to us 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Addickted said:

Woah there Nelly, I'm messing around

I know something really really bad that will shock everyone, but I can't share or name my source... I've already said too much !! Ignore I said anything and let's take it to PM... I dont think anyone has noticed shhhhhhj 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Addickted said:

I know something really really bad that will shock everyone, but I can't share or name my source... I've already said too much !! Ignore I said anything and let's take it to PM... I dont think anyone has noticed shhhhhhj 
    Err. I've shared what I have been told, fully. You tagged the wrong post. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Addickted said:

I replied to your post and it was a joke, followed by another joke... jesus christ 
  • Options
    Wonder if we'll try to get him back on loan next season?

Swans fans don't seem to rate him or at least a few noisy ones on twitter but maybe he's not playing as well for them.

He's young and he's human. 

Some players do well at certain clubs but struggle elsewhere and there could be lots of reasons for that; homesick, team mates, expectations, tactics, coaching, not having @Tracey to keep an eye on him etc etc

Worth remembering when judging Smith.
    He'll be playing in the premier league next season 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Addickted said:

I replied to your post and it was a joke, followed by another joke... jesus christ 
    OK sorry. Came across to me as a dig. lets get back to CG...
  • Options
    Wonder if we'll try to get him back on loan next season?

Swans fans don't seem to rate him or at least a few noisy ones on twitter but maybe he's not playing as well for them.

He's young and he's human. 

Some players do well at certain clubs but struggle elsewhere and there could be lots of reasons for that; homesick, team mates, expectations, tactics, coaching, not having @Tracey to keep an eye on him etc etc

Worth remembering when judging Smith.
    This may well be a key point. Do we really take much notice of what fans say on twitter?

He's played 90 minutes every game since going there, so unless there's a clause saying he has to play every game, then he can't be playing that badly because at the very least he'd be subbed off.