Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conor Gallagher - first league goal for Chelsea (p77)

Comments

• Options
    Talking of agents , might mate see a fella from near St johns wood drive his kid 250 yards to school,  he has 2 security guards outside his £8m-£10m house 24/7 and 4 motors worth a small fortune 2 on drive 2 on road ... 
    He asked another parent who the fella is and he's a football agent !!!! 
    Thats gotta wind you up Prague ;-)
    Richly deserved, I'm sure, mate. Especially the security guards :-:smile:

Conor's agency calls itself Elite Management Agency. No connection to the model agency (or its many pretenders). Transfermarkt lists their player portfolio. Anyone spot the "elite" players there apart from Conor? Anyone see a £10m plus transfer in summer, apart from Conor?
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    If he's played every 90 minutes since going to Swansea, that blows any excuses that Chelsea or his agent were worried about him getting tired out of the water a bit.

I hope we see him back in a Charlton shirt next season. I have a feeling Villa may go in for him, whatever league they are in, and the John Terry connection may help. I read somewhere that they were interested in January but couldn't take him as PL rules say you can only loan one player from another PL club and they already had Drinkwater.
    The video posted above says he went to Swansea as they were going to be in the playoffs.. comes direct from makalele 
    Yeah I’m not sure why this agent angle is still being touted. In the video the Neil Bath clearly said they decided to recall and send to a promotion chaser.
    It's Chelsea TV. It's pre-scripted PR, not fucking Newsnight!

And Neil Bath looked and sounded like a bloke who wasn't terribly comfortable with the script he'd been given.
    Right’o. I’m selling some tin foil hats if you’re interested.....
  • Options
    Chelsea have just agreed a 45m fed with Ajax for Hakim Ziyech. Doesn’t sound like a club short of money to me.
    Yup. And once the transfer ban is lifted, stand by for lots more signings.

Suspect then young players like Gallagher will once again go to the back of the queue for a first team place.
    The transfer ban was lifted in January they had it reduced, they just didnt bring anyone in lol.

Crazy to think how much they probably spent in fees to fight to get the ban reduced so they could buy in January then didnt actually buy anyone
    Ooops!! But you know what I mean, once Chelsea open their cheque book (and despite what Prague says about their financial position, I think they will - for example, bit in the Metro today speculating that Lampard wants to sign 4 players for £150 million in the summer) players like Gallagher won't get the chances that the young players have had this year. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Talking of agents , might mate see a fella from near St johns wood drive his kid 250 yards to school,  he has 2 security guards outside his £8m-£10m house 24/7 and 4 motors worth a small fortune 2 on drive 2 on road ... 
    He asked another parent who the fella is and he's a football agent !!!! 
    Thats gotta wind you up Prague ;-)
    Richly deserved, I'm sure, mate. Especially the security guards :-:smile:

Conor's agency calls itself Elite Management Agency. No connection to the model agency (or its many pretenders). Transfermarkt lists their player portfolio. Anyone spot the "elite" players there apart from Conor? Anyone see a £10m plus transfer in summer, apart from Conor?
    David Luiz's agent apparently it is but not that Kia Joorabchian .
    I'm trying to get a name , not that it has anything to do with Conor but I didn't realise the sort of dough an agent could screw from his client(s) , incredible 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    does anyone know the level of player southall had on his books when he was an agent?
  • Options
    You say "follow the money"

I heard Gallagher is on 30k PW.

Swansea offered to pay half of that, much more than we were willing/able to.

Might be true, might not but your obsession with evil agents means you will blame them regardless.

And yes, loans get terminated mid season all the time. I can think of two others this January at Charlton alone, albeit for injury plus Villa recalling both Green and Hogan and then sending them out elsewhere.  
    We "did a Swansea" last season with Ben Purrington who was on loan at Wimbledon for the season, but recalled by his parent club Rotherham and loaned to us instead in January. I imagine we payed more of his wages...
    Impossible, it was his nasty agent, he even kidnapped Purrington and dragged him to Charlton against his will, it's how these things work.
  • Options
    I wonder if there's a tipping point with these young Premiership loanee stars. 

Three separate Chelsea coaches paying regular visits to Conor at the training ground advising him this, that and the other.  At Swansea the Chelsea 'minders' are in charge of a large part of the team and let's be honest it's not for the benefit of Swansea City.  

I just hope our new owners build a resilience within that is not at the mercy or whim of outside influences
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Addickted said:
    Are you sure the recall was done for financial/agent reasons @PragueAddick ?

I heard there was another unsavoury possibility over the weekend.
    Well I can't reveal my source publicly, but would be interested to exchange PMs with you. Slightly perturbed that there could be something even more unsavoury than the agent!
    Either take it to PMs or share ! 
    I think I already said what I'd do, didn't I?
    Woah there Nelly, I'm messing around

I know something really really bad that will shock everyone, but I can't share or name my source... I've already said too much !! Ignore I said anything and let's take it to PM... I dont think anyone has noticed shhhhhhj 
    Err. I've shared what I have been told, fully. You tagged the wrong post. 
    I replied to your post and it was a joke, followed by another joke... jesus christ 
    OK sorry. Came across to me as a dig. lets get back to CG...
    To be fair though Prague, you do have form for it.

What exactly was "Meltdown Monday" all about then?
    I can't remember :-) But the "unsavoury" story is not mine, and I have no clue what it might be.

I am standing by my assertion that the move has been driven by his agent, though. Putting aside my confidence that this is what our club privately believes is the reason, if a commercial decision looks a bit odd, it's usually helpful to follow the money, right?

Is anyone aware of another case where Chelsea agreed a year long loan of a youngster and then surprised the other club by pulling him out in Jan? They certainly didn't do that with Jay daSilva. You might say he was a less prized asset than Conor, to which I'd answer that Charlton was a far more risky loan club then. What about other similar FAPL clubs doing similar? Again we have a recent comparison. Bielik. Given the uncertainty this time last year, if the Chelsea story holds, you might have expected Arsenal to say, hmm Krystian has come on nicely, lets move him up to a Championship club. Not a peep, and we kept him for the season, and turned him into a £10m asset.

Something stinks, and I'm confident I know where the smell comes from

not quite the same but wasn't there an agreement for Carlton Cole to come back to us for a second season but they decided he was going to stay and fight for a first team place with them before sending him to villa?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Addickted said:

Well I can't reveal my source publicly, but would be interested to exchange PMs with you. Slightly perturbed that there could be something even more unsavoury than the agent!

I know something really really bad that will shock everyone, but I can't share or name my source... I've already said too much !! Ignore I said anything and let's take it to PM... I dont think anyone has noticed shhhhhhj 
    I replied to your post and it was a joke, followed by another joke... jesus christ 

I can't remember :-) But the "unsavoury" story is not mine, and I have no clue what it might be.

I am standing by my assertion that the move has been driven by his agent, though. Putting aside my confidence that this is what our club privately believes is the reason, if a commercial decision looks a bit odd, it's usually helpful to follow the money, right?

Is anyone aware of another case where Chelsea agreed a year long loan of a youngster and then surprised the other club by pulling him out in Jan? They certainly didn't do that with Jay daSilva. You might say he was a less prized asset than Conor, to which I'd answer that Charlton was a far more risky loan club then. What about other similar FAPL clubs doing similar? Again we have a recent comparison. Bielik. Given the uncertainty this time last year, if the Chelsea story holds, you might have expected Arsenal to say, hmm Krystian has come on nicely, lets move him up to a Championship club. Not a peep, and we kept him for the season, and turned him into a £10m asset.

not quite the same but wasn't there an agreement for Carlton Cole to come back to us for a second season but they decided he was going to stay and fight for a first team place with them before sending him to villa?
    Yeah Carlton Cole was definitely on a two year loan deal

I thought in that instance it was the player who didnt want to come back rather than Chelsea
  • Options

Might be true, might not but your obsession with evil agents means you will blame them regardless.

And yes, loans get terminated mid season all the time. I can think of two others this January at Charlton alone, albeit for injury plus Villa recalling both Green and Hogan and then sending them out elsewhere.  
    We "did a Swansea" last season with Ben Purrington who was on loan at Wimbledon for the season, but recalled by his parent club Rotherham and loaned to us instead in January. I imagine we payed more of his wages...
    Impossible, it was his nasty agent, he even kidnapped Purrington and dragged him to Charlton against his will, it's how these things work.
    Perfect example @killerandflash

I agree @Stu_of_Kunming no other possible explanation
  • Options
    Chelsea have just agreed a 45m fed with Ajax for Hakim Ziyech. Doesn’t sound like a club short of money to me.
    33m initial fee. Bargain really. He was outstanding during their champions league run last season and has the most assists in Europe so far this season.
  • Options

It was lamentable behaviour, and I assume Rotherham initiated it, as he was their asset. 

But Chelsea, Arsenal, and other top FAPL clubs loan out their youngsters as part of a planned development programme, and as we can see, Chelsea have a complete management unit devoted just to that. It does not look that anyone knows of another recent case where Chelsea suddenly, without warning, and half way through a window, triggered a release clause for such a player from a year long loan. And the problem is that having apparently done that here, fans are encouraged to blame Chelsea as a club for "classless" behaviour, when in fact the professionals charged with Conor's development at Chelsea and monitoring his progress at Charlton did not initiate the move at all.

I had myself initially assumed that Flo or Cudicini, as his monitors at Sparrows Lane had initiated it. What I subsequently heard obviously did not come from a random bloke in a pub in Prague, nor from a source I have relied upon in the past. It's up to all posters to believe what and whom they choose to believe. 

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Off_it said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Addickted said:

I thought in that instance it was the player who didnt want to come back rather than Chelsea
    Carlton Cole is a cunt
    Perhaps you should tell him that face to face?

Although he might be bigger than you.  :smile:

if you want to sent him to macros car park i would quite happily tell him that to his face.

i'm only and inch shorter but have the advantage of having no qualms about biting the cunts windpipe 
    Wow, tough man 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Off_it said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Addickted said:

Carlton Cole is a cunt

if you want to sent him to macros car park i would quite happily tell him that to his face.

i'm only and inch shorter but have the advantage of having no qualms about biting the cunts windpipe 
    Wow, tough man 
    not sure if i'm getting wooshed or if you think i actually want to fight him (in macros)
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    does anyone know the level of player southall had on his books when he was an agent?
    He has never been an agent....per say.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Off_it said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Addickted said:

Carlton Cole is a cunt

I sense I may regret asking this but what has Mr Cole done to you that makes you dislike him so much?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Off_it said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Addickted said:

Carlton Cole is a cunt

I sense I may regret asking this but what has Mr Cole done to you that makes you dislike him so much?
    i think my use of language probably makes people think i'm a bit more bothered than i am.

i do think hes a scummy fucker, him and his mates "roasting" drunk girls and filming it. he also has acted like he's some sort of gangster.

• Options
    Reckon that Taylor Maloney might be worth a few Bob.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    33m initial fee. Bargain really. He was outstanding during their champions league run last season and has the most assists in Europe so far this season.
    Absolutely but the Dutch league is famously very hit and miss 
  • Options
    Just googled Carlton Cole and he played seven times for England. He was also declared bankrupt in 2018, how the fuck does a Premier league pro footballer of 15 years manage that?
  • Options
    Just googled Carlton Cole and he played seven times for England. He was also declared bankrupt in 2018, how the fuck does a Premier league pro footballer of 15 years manage that?
    Think I heard maybe on the price of football pod that 40% of all pro footballers end up bankrupt ...... I was really surprised when I heard - shouldn’t their agents be looking after them ? 
  • Options
    Think I heard maybe on the price of football pod that 40% of all pro footballers end up bankrupt ...... I was really surprised when I heard - shouldn’t their agents be looking after them ? 
    Bad investments is usually the way, putting their money in tax efficient investments which go tits up...

Didn't a load of famous players lose a fortune in a Spanish property scheme, for example?
  • Options
    Bad investments is usually the way, putting their money in tax efficient investments which go tits up...

Didn't a load of famous players lose a fortune in a Spanish property scheme, for example?
    And who identified and decided on these "tax efficient investments"? The players themselves? 
  • Options

And who identified and decided on these "tax efficient investments"? The players themselves? 
    Not the players that’s for sure. When they have a leaky pipe most wouldn’t know how to find a plumber, lucky people like Tracey Leaburn do. Why they don’t just ask on Charlton Life I’ll never know ....
  • Options

Seems to be incompetent/dodgy Financial Advisors

https://www.ftadviser.com/your-industry/2017/06/15/shearer-reaches-settlement-over-advice-dispute/

Former England football star Alan Shearer has agreed a settlement after claiming he was given “negligent” financial advice and launching a £9m High Court damages claim.
    Mr Shearer, 46, had sued financial adviser Kevin Neal and pension specialist Suffolk Life.
    Mr Justice Leggatt started overseeing a trial at the High Court in London on Wednesday, but a lawyer representing Mr Shearer told the judge on Thursday that an agreement had been reached between the star, Mr Neal and Suffolk Life. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/footballers-face-pound100m-meltdown-q3n5h7q73kh

SCORES of leading footballers face losses totalling an estimated £100m, with some confronting potential ruin, after investing in film schemes and property ventures recommended by two financial advisers operating at the heart of the national game.

Some of the biggest names in British football are among those caught up in the crisis facing some players — including former England and Manchester United stars Rio Ferdinand and Andy Cole, and the Match of the Day pundits Danny Murphy, Martin Keown and Robbie Savage — according to leaked documents seen by The Sunday Times.

More than 100 players were advised by David McKee and Kevin McMenamin, whose firm Kingsbridge Asset Management earned more than £5m in commission on the players’ investments before they tanked or the footballers

• Options

Yeah, first rule,  whenever you hear the word "scheme," it is usually best to avoid that. :D
  • Options
    Huh that’s weird...