Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conor Gallagher - first league goal for Chelsea (p77)

Comments

• Options
    If he's played every 90 minutes since going to Swansea, that blows any excuses that Chelsea or his agent were worried about him getting tired out of the water a bit.

I hope we see him back in a Charlton shirt next season. I have a feeling Villa may go in for him, whatever league they are in, and the John Terry connection may help. I read somewhere that they were interested in January but couldn't take him as PL rules say you can only loan one player from another PL club and they already had Drinkwater.
    The video posted above says he went to Swansea as they were going to be in the playoffs.. comes direct from makalele 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    If he's played every 90 minutes since going to Swansea, that blows any excuses that Chelsea or his agent were worried about him getting tired out of the water a bit.

I hope we see him back in a Charlton shirt next season. I have a feeling Villa may go in for him, whatever league they are in, and the John Terry connection may help. I read somewhere that they were interested in January but couldn't take him as PL rules say you can only loan one player from another PL club and they already had Drinkwater.
    The video posted above says he went to Swansea as they were going to be in the playoffs.. comes direct from makalele 
    hows that working out for them?
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/ix7xD0u0DXs
    I’m not crying, you are.
    Great video. Thanks for posting.

That is one young man who looks like he'd love to get back in his car and head back down the M4 to London asap!

Provided 1) Gallagher's loan at Swansea doesn't prove a huge success 2) we don't have a fire sale of our best players at the end of the season and 3) we buy a few class players who could make a real difference to the team and possibly turn it into one who are going to be challenging at the top of the table next year there must be a chance Chelsea might be tempted to loan him to us again for one more season.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Not great considering they've only won twice this year including against us ! 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I’m not crying, you are.
    Great video. Thanks for posting.

That is one young man who looks like he'd love to get back in his car and head back down the M4 to London asap!

Provided 1) Gallagher's loan at Swansea doesn't prove a huge success 2) we don't have a fire sale of our best players at the end of the season and 3) we buy a few class players who could make a real difference to the team and possibly turn it into one who are going to be challenging at the top of the table next year there must be a chance Chelsea might be tempted to loan him to us again for one more season.
    That scene in his new flat is depressing, cant see how moving clubs improve him.. if anything playing for a team battling for survival is character building ! Could be the only time he ever experiences it.
  • Options
    Come back Conor
  • Options
    Not sure if this video has already been posted. He seems so much more happy at Charlton
  • Options
    Chelsea have just agreed a 45m fed with Ajax for Hakim Ziyech. Doesn’t sound like a club short of money to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chelsea have just agreed a 45m fed with Ajax for Hakim Ziyech. Doesn’t sound like a club short of money to me.
    Yup. And once the transfer ban is lifted, stand by for lots more signings.

Suspect then young players like Gallagher will once again go to the back of the queue for a first team place.
  • Options
    Well what's the unsavoury thing then?
  • Options
    Love Connor. If we stay up then much of it is down to him. Wish him well.
  • Options

"In this show Kevin and Kieran look at how Chelsea won the Europa League, finished in the top four domestically but still needed to borrow £247 million from Roman Abramovich as they racked up huge losses."

• Options
    Watching that clip there must be more to him going to Swansea than learning to live on his own. As many have said, Chelsea need to learn some class and recognise how much development we have given to Connor. Having said that loved watching him in a red shirt and I am sure one day he will credit the time he had at CAFC with getting his first England cap   
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Yeah I’m not sure why this agent angle is still being touted. In the video the Neil Bath clearly said they decided to recall and send to a promotion chaser.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Addickted said:
    Are you sure the recall was done for financial/agent reasons @PragueAddick ?

I heard there was another unsavoury possibility over the weekend.
    Well I can't reveal my source publicly, but would be interested to exchange PMs with you. Slightly perturbed that there could be something even more unsavoury than the agent!
    Either take it to PMs or share ! 
    I think I already said what I'd do, didn't I?
    Woah there Nelly, I'm messing around

I know something really really bad that will shock everyone, but I can't share or name my source... I've already said too much !! Ignore I said anything and let's take it to PM... I dont think anyone has noticed shhhhhhj 
    Err. I've shared what I have been told, fully. You tagged the wrong post. 
    I replied to your post and it was a joke, followed by another joke... jesus christ 
    OK sorry. Came across to me as a dig. lets get back to CG...
    To be fair though Prague, you do have form for it.

What exactly was "Meltdown Monday" all about then?
  • Options
    Yup. And once the transfer ban is lifted, stand by for lots more signings.

Suspect then young players like Gallagher will once again go to the back of the queue for a first team place.
    The transfer ban was lifted in January they had it reduced, they just didnt bring anyone in lol.

Crazy to think how much they probably spent in fees to fight to get the ban reduced so they could buy in January then didnt actually buy anyone
  • Options
    Well what's the unsavoury thing then?
    This
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am starting to wonder if he really wanted to leave, or was forced to.
    This. He's from this part of the world, settled, his girlfriend lives locally, he was learning from 2 great ex pro midfielders in Bowyer and Jackson and seemingly enjoying his football. Now he's been shipped off to Wales miles away from anything he's ever known which at his age is obviously tough.

However...........i do think there's some truth in the fact he is probably knackered and naturally his form is suffering as a result. People have to remember this is his first year in senior football and the Championship is a very tough league. It's a lot to ask of a young kid to suddenly go out and play 40+ games in a season.
    100%
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Better than our chances.......
  • Options
    Unsavoury means sweet , so someone nicked his sweets 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Addickted said:
    Are you sure the recall was done for financial/agent reasons @PragueAddick ?

I heard there was another unsavoury possibility over the weekend.
    Well I can't reveal my source publicly, but would be interested to exchange PMs with you. Slightly perturbed that there could be something even more unsavoury than the agent!
    Either take it to PMs or share ! 
    I think I already said what I'd do, didn't I?
    Woah there Nelly, I'm messing around

I know something really really bad that will shock everyone, but I can't share or name my source... I've already said too much !! Ignore I said anything and let's take it to PM... I dont think anyone has noticed shhhhhhj 
    Err. I've shared what I have been told, fully. You tagged the wrong post. 
    I replied to your post and it was a joke, followed by another joke... jesus christ 
    OK sorry. Came across to me as a dig. lets get back to CG...
    To be fair though Prague, you do have form for it.

What exactly was "Meltdown Monday" all about then?
    I can't remember :-) But the "unsavoury" story is not mine, and I have no clue what it might be.

I am standing by my assertion that the move has been driven by his agent, though. Putting aside my confidence that this is what our club privately believes is the reason, if a commercial decision looks a bit odd, it's usually helpful to follow the money, right?

Is anyone aware of another case where Chelsea agreed a year long loan of a youngster and then surprised the other club by pulling him out in Jan? They certainly didn't do that with Jay daSilva. You might say he was a less prized asset than Conor, to which I'd answer that Charlton was a far more risky loan club then. What about other similar FAPL clubs doing similar? Again we have a recent comparison. Bielik. Given the uncertainty this time last year, if the Chelsea story holds, you might have expected Arsenal to say, hmm Krystian has come on nicely, lets move him up to a Championship club. Not a peep, and we kept him for the season, and turned him into a £10m asset.

Something stinks, and I'm confident I know where the smell comes from

• Options
    edited February 2020
    You say "follow the money"

I heard Gallagher is on 30k PW.

Swansea offered to pay half of that, much more than we were willing/able to.

Might be true, might not but your obsession with evil agents means you will blame them regardless.

And yes, loans get terminated mid season all the time. I can think of two others this January at Charlton alone, albeit for injury plus Villa recalling both Green and Hogan and then sending them out elsewhere.  
  • Options
    What does his agent have to gain from doing that though? He signed a new contract last summer with Chelsea anyway.

At the time it seemed fairly logical that Gallagher was good enough for Championship football and rather than spend another 5 months in a relegation battle they moved him to a better side who were going for promotion, and also have him working with a manager he knew. Nothing sinister there at all.
  • Options
    Yes, the video suggested they were getting approaches and despite what Swansea say, I suspect they were a bit naughty in all this. I doubt they are going up so it will be good stuffing them next year.
  • Options
    You say "follow the money"

I heard Gallagher is on 30k PW.

Swansea offered to pay half of that, much more than we were willing/able to.

Might be true, might not but your obsession with evil agents means you will blame them regardless.

And yes, loans get terminated mid season all the time. I can think of two others this January at Charlton alone, albeit for injury.
    And I have heard, from the same source , that we offered to match Swansea's contribution. 15k/week for the rest of the season would be around 300k, and the rate would have been compatible with "the model"

Patently, terminating a loan through injury is not a relevant comparison to a case like this.

I'm happy to continue to point out the negative activity of agents in the game, who are very good at working in the shadows, avoiding scrutiny, until something completely off the scale outrageous emerges, such as the Haarland- Dortmund transfer.
  • Options
    Talking of agents , might mate see a fella from near St johns wood drive his kid 250 yards to school,  he has 2 security guards outside his £8m-£10m house 24/7 and 4 motors worth a small fortune 2 on drive 2 on road ... 
    He asked another parent who the fella is and he's a football agent !!!! 
    Thats gotta wind you up Prague ;-)
  • Options
    What does his agent have to gain from doing that though? He signed a new contract last summer with Chelsea anyway.

At the time it seemed fairly logical that Gallagher was good enough for Championship football and rather than spend another 5 months in a relegation battle they moved him to a better side who were going for promotion, and also have him working with a manager he knew. Nothing sinister there at all.
    I've posted the answers to that already. His agent has argued that the move to Swansea would increase his value if Chelsea were to listen to offers in summer. Agent payday. As to whether they would listen to offers, although I didn't connect it at the time, the Price of Football blog, which I referred you to yesterday explains why Chelsea are generally more in selling mode than is generally realised. 

The word "sinister" is yours, not mine, nor did I use the word "unsavoury".  I regard it as absolutely typical, agent-driven activity, and entirely rational given the agent business model. What is lamentable is that someone at Chelsea has been persuaded of its merit, and it appears that that someone was not one of the three ex- pros who monitor their loans (whatever drivel Makelele is required to spout for Chelsea TV - my understanding is that it was Flo and Cudicini who were last at Sparrows Lane, not Makelele)