Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Live streaming on Valley Pass - new multi camera coverage & Scott Minto hosting p46

Comments

• Ho ho. So where is the £4 payment option fór audio then, smart arses? :-)

• Ho ho. So where is the £4 payment option fór audio then, smart arses? :-)

It's right there. But your natural tendency to blag means you are blind to it ......
  • I imagine the issue here is user error, what exactly are you doing Prague.
    well for example on the laptop, I can get to that link on the left hand menu, which should open up the live audio commentary. But it only takes me to the payment gateway.

I'm in touch with the tech support, but so far he has only said he can't find anything registered under my email address. I sent him a screenshot of my account which says "account activated". Waiting for him to come back
    At a guess, I'd say roughly around there.
  • edited August 2019
  • Prague - have you subscribed to valley pass for £60/season? If so, the audio commentary is included.... Perhaps this is part of the confusion of why you thought you got it for free?
  • Generally been great for me this season but it's dropped a lot today and I don't think its my internet
    Are you talking video or audio? The stream didn't drop once for me today plus in sync commentary, was great. 
  • Audio and video synced up perfectly meant it was the best VP stream experience of the season so far.
  • Ironically for me the Ifollow commentary was out of sync today, also one of  the Reading commentators had no idea who our players were and resorted to calling every black player Taylor, he also thought we had been under a transfer embargo as we hadn't paid a fee for any players for 2 years and that was the main cause of our anger towards Roland.
  • Perfect stream audio and video today... 
  • Ironically for me the Ifollow commentary was out of sync today, also one of  the Reading commentators had no idea who our players were and resorted to calling every black player Taylor, he also thought we had been under a transfer embargo as we hadn't paid a fee for any players for 2 years and that was the main cause of our anger towards Roland.
    After a dodgy start VP is now miles better than iFollow, time to ditch it
  • Sponsored links:

After a dodgy start VP is now miles better than iFollow, time to ditch it
    My IPTV have all championship games so I'm not gonna pay for VP if I've already got a stream for the match, I'm not overly fussed if it's home or away commentary but one of them today was just really bad!!
  • Having a real bad run with IPTV recently, it's a shame but a fiver a game is good value, imo
  • Having a real bad run with IPTV recently, it's a shame but a fiver a game is good value, imo
    Touch wood my 2 very rarely give me issues and if 1 is playing up the other isn't, it's all I use for TV for over 2 years now and luckily I've found 2 good ones and I've never not been able to watch anything I've wanted to watch.

I would imagine it would be struggle in China getting then stream to you then through a VPN and back without really good internet speeds.

I will go the VP route for Millwall away as I don't think I could handle their commentary!!!
  • Sync was just slightly out again - as proved in second half when they mentioned Taylor had made a pass a nano second before he had actually done it on screen. But better than last times.
  • First time watching on VP today. I was very impressed.
  • Great stream yesterday. This might be obvious but I've found that I have to login to VP first (being a paid up member of course) and then select the live stream and it works fine. If I don't login first and click straight on the live stream I get the subscription page. Hope this helps. 

• Terry Smith is encouraging viewers/ listeners to tweet their experience, but when somebody tweeted about the time gap he said "not sure there's anything we can do about that, TBH". And therein lies the problem.
    I have to be honest, I don't remember saying this. My recollection is that I have said that there is little that can be done if the issues are related to a problem with somebodies browser or their patchy Internet. But if I did say it, I should apologise because it's not the case. We feedback immediately when fans report an audio sync issue and it's my understanding that it can be and has been improved.
  • The website for VP itself isn’t exactly intuitive so here’s how I have been accessing the stream since the Barnsley game...

1. go to cafc.co.uk/valley-pass 

2. click the login button towards the top right corner and enter your log in details

3. manually edit the URL to cafc.co.uk/valley-pass/live-stream and press play

• Terry Smith is encouraging viewers/ listeners to tweet their experience, but when somebody tweeted about the time gap he said "not sure there's anything we can do about that, TBH". And therein lies the problem.
    I have to be honest, I don't remember saying this. My recollection is that I have said that there is little that can be done if the issues are related to a problem with somebodies browser or their patchy Internet. But if I did say it, I should apologise because it's not the case. We feedback immediately when fans report an audio sync issue and it's my understanding that it can be and has been improved.
    We definitely had some audio synch issues the first couple of games, but then 10 mins into the Forest game it got fixed, since then it's been perfect my end. 

18 years I've been waiting for this service and I am over the moon :) 
  • I’m just sad that we’ll only have it for one season because this time next year we’ll be in the Premier League...
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m just sad that we’ll only have it for one season because this time next year we’ll be in the Premier League...
    As we get every Premier League game live that's not a problem here!
    No reason we can't have it next year, AVTV works fine in the Prem.

Hi Terry, thanks so much for joining the conversation. I might have misheard you, it was as I recall straight after I got the audio feed up and running a few minutes into the Brentford game. I might not have heard correctly the question in the tweet.

I wonder if you are able to share a bit more about the set-up so we can understand why the problem might occur. Firstly, to what extent do Charlton work with the iFollow set-up? I assume they do, because especially at half-time you see the iFollow logo, and the graphics showing scoreline etc are clearly from iFollow. One of my gang from other clubs says that clubs don't have to use EFL website templates or hosting, but it's a matter of budget and resources, if they want to go it alone. The other thing that made me think that Valley pass is essentially iFollow, is that this problem was always on iFollow. When I started watching it season before last, it was a disaster, you could have lag of 3 seconds. Last season was much better but I always felt it was still there. Against Forest it was no more than you telling me Lyle's header had hit the net a moment before he had actually headed it, a second or less, but still slightly anti-climatic. Is there just one camera set, and video feed from the Valley (and other grounds), which is also used by Sky, or do the EFL have separate video?

I've been pointed towards a guy from Supporters Direct who apparently knows a lot about iFollow, so I'm going to approach him, but anything you feel able to explain here would be much appreciated by all, I am sure.

And I guess I should not have been able to get the Brentford audio for free, right, I just got lucky? :-)
  • In event feedback is restricted to twitter.
    Therefore loads are excluded.
    Touch wood my 2 very rarely give me issues and if 1 is playing up the other isn't, it's all I use for TV for over 2 years now and luckily I've found 2 good ones and I've never not been able to watch anything I've wanted to watch.

I would imagine it would be struggle in China getting then stream to you then through a VPN and back without really good internet speeds.

I will go the VP route for Millwall away as I don't think I could handle their commentary!!!
    Who are you using? I've been using helix for the ifollow stuff but it keeps dropping out....

Hi Terry, thanks so much for joining the conversation. I might have misheard you, it was as I recall straight after I got the audio feed up and running a few minutes into the Brentford game. I might not have heard correctly the question in the tweet.

I wonder if you are able to share a bit more about the set-up so we can understand why the problem might occur. Firstly, to what extent do Charlton work with the iFollow set-up? I assume they do, because especially at half-time you see the iFollow logo, and the graphics showing scoreline etc are clearly from iFollow. One of my gang from other clubs says that clubs don't have to use EFL website templates or hosting, but it's a matter of budget and resources, if they want to go it alone. The other thing that made me think that Valley pass is essentially iFollow, is that this problem was always on iFollow. When I started watching it season before last, it was a disaster, you could have lag of 3 seconds. Last season was much better but I always felt it was still there. Against Forest it was no more than you telling me Lyle's header had hit the net a moment before he had actually headed it, a second or less, but still slightly anti-climatic. Is there just one camera set, and video feed from the Valley (and other grounds), which is also used by Sky, or do the EFL have separate video?

I've been pointed towards a guy from Supporters Direct who apparently knows a lot about iFollow, so I'm going to approach him, but anything you feel able to explain here would be much appreciated by all, I am sure.

And I guess I should not have been able to get the Brentford audio for free, right, I just got lucky? :-)

No problem, I do tend to keep away from commenting on some of these issues, not least because I'm as far away from being a tecchie as you could possibly get, so I leave it to people who know what they are talking about.

It's my understanding that most clubs that I am aware of up to now, separate the video feed from the audio feed. Take CAFC for example the Camera gantry is on the opposite side of the pitch above the East Stand. The ISDN/Audio feeds are in the press gantry in the middle of the West. Linking the audio and video directly at the ground would need a set up of a 'Live Sky TV broadcast' proportions, especially as you will have two clubs wanting to link to it at the same time.

Is it possible, yes I'm sure it is. Will it happen, possibly not because of the logistics and infrastructure set ups needed, especially when most clubs existing set ups are not suitable.

Therefore the feeds need to be synced remotely and clearly that has been a problem, especially early on. Charlton are using the same video streaming service as iFollow and so, as all other clubs who do so, we are 100% reliant on an outside company to manage the job correctly. It's of little comfort I know but in most cases if we have a problem, so does everyone else. How and why, I'm sorry I have no clue as that stuff is beyond me. But by a twist of work fate I will have considerably more time on my hands from January 2020, so I might actually try to grasp it more. (old dog and new tricks allowing of course).

Regarding the Brentford audio, yes I think you got lucky, shhhhhhh!! ;-)

• Top man, @KillersBeard, that clarifies a lot. I'll talk to the guy I was directed to, name of Neil le Milliere, and see if he can help us.
  • Of the 5 games I've watched on VP, 3 have had audio problems and 2 have worked perfectly (Blackburn and Reading). Although I can live with no commentary it is certainly more enjoyable having it, so as it was good for Reading I'm hoping they've fixed the issue. 
    Only against Brentford was I dissatisfied with the picture quality on 720p. 
  • Aaaand the audio is ahead of the action again.
    FFS how hard can it be to fix this?
  • The audio is half a second ahead again. It was perfect at Reading but issues again today.