Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Live streaming on Valley Pass - new multi camera coverage & Scott Minto hosting p46

Comments

• Stream is unwatchable as it keeps cutting out and the audio is far too crackly.
  • Everything fine for me, lovely picture, just a shame about the audio
  • First time I'm going in on my Mac. Maybe that's the problem. Don't see why though.
    PC is at work :(
  • I'm using a mac with atrill vpn
  • No problems here on chrome no vpn as in Greece still
  • Stream is unwatchable as it keeps cutting out and the audio is far too crackly.
    Same
  • Hey guys. We've passed on the cracking noise complaint to our service provider as it seems to be coming from their end and not our commentary box.

Sorry for the inconvenience but thanks for letting us know.
  • I don't ever recall viewers saying Valley Pass has worked properly, although it must have.
    What percentage of times has it actually worked  (like watching TV) from start to finish ?

• cafc_se7 said:
    ads said:
    Using turbo VPN free from Germany, working fine with the Wigan ifollow
    They haven’t got ifollow?
    You know what I mean
  • I don't ever recall viewers saying Valley Pass has worked properly, although it must have.
    What percentage of times has it actually worked  (like watching TV) from start to finish ?

Other than audio sync normally, most of the time.
  • Sponsored links:

Are you using a free or paid VPN?

Every time I've used it it's been fine. That's like... 3 times
  • edited September 2019
    I don't ever recall viewers saying Valley Pass has worked properly, although it must have.

Every Saturday game so far this season.

The key is having set up to work, not using outdated software and clicking on incorrect links
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I don't ever recall viewers saying Valley Pass has worked properly, although it must have.

I'm surprised. I know invariably it's put right at some stage, but in comparison to turning on your TV and watching with no issues from start to finish, I usually read comments like -

The game has started and we have no picture.
    They are showing the wrong game.
    The audio is out of sync.
    The audio is crackling (today only). 

It’s been absolutely fine for me all season, except for a slight lack of syncing between pictures and audio - mildly annoying but not as big an issue for me as it seems to be for some. I’m camping this weekend so only got the audio going but again a bit of mild crackle isn’t the end of the world. I’m old enough to remember the terrible phone line commentary on the BBCfir England games in Eastern Europe etc. and I’m just very happy to be able to watch these matches at all while living on another continent. 

I suspect a lot of the issues may be related to people using free VPNs. I use VPNs a lot to watch georestricted content and after trying a few free ones I found them unreliable and inconsistent so bought a paid service. I don’t use a VPN at all for Valley Pass though because I’m actually abroad and not trying to get around georestrictions for a change. 
  • Dazzler21 said:

I'm surprised. I know invariably it's put right at some stage, but in comparison to turning on your TV and watching with no issues from start to finish, I usually read comments like -

It's never going to be like just switching on your TV and watching, too many things can go wrong, internet speed, software, device used, VPN server if in uk etc
  • Always been brilliant for me but today not. Like I said, first time I've used my Mac. I don't need a vpn as I'm in the States. Tried with Chrome and Firefox. Both the same. I'll see what happens next match with my PC (at work now). Can't see why it should be different with the Mac but you never know.
  • Dazzler21 said:

I've never experienced the first two, the audio sync takes less than 1min to fix, the crackling is a little annoying.

However, as @Chef_addick says, it's not comparable to watching on the TV, the internet is totally different, even huge companies like Netflix has issues. I's say 90% of the problems with VP are down to user error.
  • Great to see an app is coming.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Great to see an app is coming.
    Yeah it'll be ready for the Leeds away game ;)
  • Am I correct in thinking you cannot view on phones and iPads? 
  • kimbo said:
    Am I correct in thinking you cannot view on phones and iPads? 
    Yes, certainly as of last week.
  • You can view on phone at least by selecting "Request Desktop page" watched both games in greece on phone.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    You can view on phone at least by selecting "Request Desktop page" watched both games in greece on phone.
    Thanks. Currently in Naples airport so should see most of first half. Maybe more if easyJet flight delayed. 
  • just thought i would let you all know that i have watched all the opening games in our unbeaten run, but couldnt get to watch the last two.
    I am watching today !
  • Currently in France. Normally watch on VPN in UK. When I click on to purchase today's match it only shows Matchday Pass £4, which I purchased but its usually £5. I've already got Valley Pass. Anyone else getting this?
  • Currently in France. Normally watch on VPN in UK. When I click on to purchase today's match it only shows Matchday Pass £4, which I purchased but its usually £5. I've already got Valley Pass. Anyone else getting this?
    Is that not the video pass price for usual subscribers?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Currently in France. Normally watch on VPN in UK. When I click on to purchase today's match it only shows Matchday Pass £4, which I purchased but its usually £5. I've already got Valley Pass. Anyone else getting this?
    I paid 434.31 Rupees  :open_mouth:
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Currently in France. Normally watch on VPN in UK. When I click on to purchase today's match it only shows Matchday Pass £4, which I purchased but its usually £5. I've already got Valley Pass. Anyone else getting this?
    Don't know. Normally shows Live Video Stream for £5. I've contacted them, waiting for response.