Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Live streaming on Valley Pass - new multi camera coverage & Scott Minto hosting p46

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Very crunchy microphones tonight.
    Hey mate, was this still the case after kick-off? 

We heard early about this issue but was told it was fine after about five minutes.

Hope all enjoyed the game and service - we hope it continues to get better as the season goes on.
  • Dazzler21 said:

We heard early about this issue but was told it was fine after about five minutes.

Hope all enjoyed the game and service - we hope it continues to get better as the season goes on.
    Started off crunchy but stopped after a while, just assumed you where sharing a bag of crisps. 😉👍
  • Dazzler21 said:

I noticed it too.
    Truth is, I still prefer crunching mics to delayed audio.
  • edited October 2019
    @StubleyAddick First half it the crunchy sound was there a few times, 2nd half the audio was clear.

First time using the streaming service, no sync here. Impressed, thought not with the £10 cost.
  • Danepak said:
    Dazzler21 said:

I noticed it too.
    Truth is, I still prefer crunching mics to delayed audio.
    100% this. It did quieten down but couldn't say it was completely gone as it wasn't overly distracting. 
  • Glovepup said:
    @StubleyAddick First half it the crunchy sound was there a few times, 2nd half the audio was clear.

First time using the streaming service, no sync here. Impressed, thought not with the £10 cost.
    Should have flown with VPN Airways - all games available at £5
  • Cheers for the feedback guys.

We will pass this on. Still frustrating that you're experiencing 'crunchy' microphones at times, so we'll make sure the club will be kept aware.
  • T_C_E said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Started off crunchy but stopped after a while, just assumed you where sharing a bag of crisps. 😉👍

Tel is more of a pie guy.
  • Saturday's game against Fulham at Craven Cottage has been selected for live television coverage in the UK and in some countries internationally.

As per EFL regulations, the club can not live stream the game in the countries where there is a broadcast agreement in place.

The club can live stream in countries where there is no broadcast agreement in place. 

A list of countries where you can watch Saturday's game against Fulham on Valley Pass

Armenia, Cyprus, Faroe Islands, Gibraltar, Hungary, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, San Marino, Ukraine, Vatican City, Gaza Strip, South Sudan, West Bank, Botswana, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Lesotho, Liberia, Namibia, Sao Tome e Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Swaziland, Western Sahara, Zimbabwe, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, East Timor, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Pakistan, Philippines, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cuba, Puerto Rico, St Barthelemy, St Helena, Ascension & Tristan da Cunha, St Kitts & Nevis, St Martin, St Vincent & the Grenadines, US Virgin Islands, Falkland Islands, American Samoa, Christmas Island, Cocos Islands, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, Niue, Norfolk Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis & Futuna

Information for Domestic Users

The club will be streaming league games on Valley Pass this year but, due to EFL rules, games on Saturdays at 3pm and live on Sky Sports cannot be streamed in the UK and Ireland, Isle of Man, Guernsey and Jersey. The first game available to domestic users was our game against Nottingham Forest on Wednesday, August 21st. 

Domestic users can listen to Saturday’s game on Valley Pass. Subscription costs just £6.50 a month or £60 for the year and will include the post-game interviews and highlights of the game. To sign-up for Valley Pass click here. Please note a Valley Pass subscription will not give you access to games the club are allowed to stream in the UK and Ireland, Isle of Man, Guernsey and Jersey. These games will be available on a match-by-match purchase. 

Please note Domestic Users are defined as those within the UK and Ireland, Isle of Man, Guernsey and Jersey.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d97563b28a05/information-on-how-to-watch-or-listen-to-charltons-game-at-fulham-on-saturday

• Top post, @clive which explains what I am seeing on my screen, and hopefully what I can set my VPN to.

Message to the EFL and Sky: Fuck off. 
  • Sponsored links:

• and let's hear it for the Duchy of Luxembourg! :-)

COYR!
  • edited October 2019
    Prague, which country have you set your vpn to as luxembourg isn't working for me :(
  • Prague, whave country have you set your vpn to as luxembourg isnt working for me :(
    I am on Lux indeed so should work. Try Hungary?
  • Video inferior to the Valley. Camera position too low, and definition not as sharp.

more importantly sound is a tad ahead of video. Just a tad, but when there is a goal or goal effort it will be obvious
  • not working at all, tried Hungary and Luxembourg and still saying unauthorized county. Annoying as i've watched every game up to now with no issues. 
  • Video inferior to the Valley. Camera position too low, and definition not as sharp.

more importantly sound is a tad ahead of video. Just a tad, but when there is a goal or goal effort it will be obvious

Use Chrome and add the delay audio add-on, works a treat mate. Someone else suggested it here, using it now to sync the Valley Pass comms with Sky on my TV. Sending audio from my mac to my Sonos speaker.
  • @StubleyAddick Some poor audio moments, no where near as bad as against Swansea. But it is there.
  • My commentary is annoyingly ahead of the video. So I already know we didn't score before the chance is over. 
  • edited October 2019
    Chunes said:
    My commentary is annoyingly ahead of the video. So I already know we didn't score before the chance is over. 
    As I have said above, use Chrome and the audio delay plugin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks mate
  • @Glovepup

cheers mate will get the plugin at HT
  • Works like a charm!
  • I'm tight so using cricfree this week.
  • Hi all. Just wanted to ask advice regarding a matchday pass for the Derby home game as i'm on holiday in Thailand from Thursday. Do I just sign up and register then purchase a matchday pass so I can watch it on my laptop? Never had to use Valley Pass before so any help would be really appreciated.
  • edited October 2019
    Hi all. Just wanted to ask advice regarding a matchday pass for the Derby home game as i'm on holiday in Thailand from Thursday. Do I just sign up and register then purchase a matchday pass so I can watch it on my laptop? Never had to use Valley Pass before so any help would be really appreciated.
    Yes. Exactly that.
  • Thanks mate. I realise it was probably stating the bleeding obvious! :D Nice one. Just can't bear signing up and encountering problems on the day.
  • Just remember live stream is in the 3bar menu under valley pass

• Dazzler21 said:
    Just remember live stream is in the 3bar menu under valley pass

Excellent! Thank you.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Hi all. Just wanted to ask advice regarding a matchday pass for the Derby home game as i'm on holiday in Thailand from Thursday. Do I just sign up and register then purchase a matchday pass so I can watch it on my laptop? Never had to use Valley Pass before so any help would be really appreciated.
    Yes. Exactly that.
    Just a quick question. When I sign up should I register as living in the UK as I'm assuming live streaming permission is granted on your IP address once you attempt to stream a match?