Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Live streaming on Valley Pass - new multi camera coverage & Scott Minto hosting p46

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Did anyone use the apps?
    Attempted to use App on my iPad and it failed or possibly I failed 
    Is it because it’s adobe flash or whatever it is which isn’t compatible with iOS 
    I would hope they wouldn't use Adobe on the iOS app as that would be ridiculous.

Ok ta I haven’t a clue re technology or anything .

ive sent an email to valley pass app feedback so will report what they say 
  • craigcafc said:
    Once my vpn was on the app worked very well...
    Which device you use the app on ?
    iPhone
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I don't ever recall viewers saying Valley Pass has worked properly, although it must have.
    What percentage of times has it actually worked  (like watching TV) from start to finish ?

Other than audio sync normally, most of the time.
    I'm surprised. I know invariably it's put right at some stage, but in comparison to turning on your TV and watching with no issues from start to finish, I usually read comments like -

The game has started and we have no picture.
    They are showing the wrong game.
    The audio is out of sync.
    The audio is crackling (today only). 
    So lots of people had problems yesterday, yet when I questioned Valley Pass working properly a few weeks ago, the vast majority said they never have problems. No replies necessary.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I don't ever recall viewers saying Valley Pass has worked properly, although it must have.
    What percentage of times has it actually worked  (like watching TV) from start to finish ?

I'm surprised. I know invariably it's put right at some stage, but in comparison to turning on your TV and watching with no issues from start to finish, I usually read comments like -

So lots of people had problems yesterday, yet when I questioned Valley Pass working properly a few weeks ago, the vast majority said they never have problems. No replies necessary.
    I still maintain most problems are user error, if you plug the TV into a kettle and then complain it's not working, the TV company migt suggest it's not their fault.

Replies always necessary, it's a discussion forum.
  • If you aren't able to get to Wednesday's away game against Bristol City at Ashton Gate then we have the perfect solution for you.

You can watch the game live in the UK and abroad, in the company of Charlton commentators Terry Smith and Greg Stubley, live on Valley Pass and with the brand new Valley Pass app.

Valley Pass will have a multi-camera broadcast of the game with action replays of the key moments.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5dad76dcee6a9/watch-wednesdays-game-against-bristol-city-live-on-valley-pass
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Did anyone use the apps?
    Attempted to use App on my iPad and it failed or possibly I failed 
    Is it because it’s adobe flash or whatever it is which isn’t compatible with iOS 
    I would hope they wouldn't use Adobe on the iOS app as that would be ridiculous.

Ok ta I haven’t a clue re technology or anything .

ive sent an email to valley pass app feedback so will report what they say 
    Still no response apart from the automatic repsonse

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch. Just to let you know your email has been recieved and a member of our team will be in touch as soon a they can.

If your email is regarding players or scouting please email scouts@cafc.co.uk

Best wishes,

Charlton Athletic Football Club

• clive said:

If you aren't able to get to Wednesday's away game against Bristol City at Ashton Gate then we have the perfect solution for you.

You can watch the game live in the UK and abroad, in the company of Charlton commentators Terry Smith and Greg Stubley, live on Valley Pass and with the brand new Valley Pass app.

Valley Pass will have a multi-camera broadcast of the game with action replays of the key moments.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5dad76dcee6a9/watch-wednesdays-game-against-bristol-city-live-on-valley-pass
    Website says £5 for today's game, but then it trys to charge me £10. What's going on ? 
  • shine166 said:
    clive said:

If you aren't able to get to Wednesday's away game against Bristol City at Ashton Gate then we have the perfect solution for you.

Website says £5 for today's game, but then it trys to charge me £10. What's going on ? 
    £5 for fans outside the UK, £10 for fans in the UK
  • £5 if abroad.
    For Fulham away valley pass listed countries you could watch from. None of them worked (it was probably a sky thing) including Cyprus and Hungary which were listed. They took my  five pounds but I ended up on a moody internet sky feed.

• seth plum said:
    £5 if abroad.
    For Fulham away valley pass listed countries you could watch from. None of them worked (it was probably a sky thing) including Cyprus and Hungary which were listed. They took my  five pounds but I ended up on a moody internet sky feed.

Yeah there are certain games that iFollow cant stream because the broadcasters have the rights - Strangely these midweek games dont fall under that condition so wont be the issue this time round
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm sorry to say, that for £10 il wait for a free stream..makes sky seem cheap
  • shine166 said:
    I'm sorry to say, that for £10 il wait for a free stream..makes sky seem cheap
    Why not use a VPN?
  • If anyone is in Cala Millor,Majorca
    Cheers Bar are showing the Charlton vs Bristol city game on one of their screens.
  • Isn't tonight on the Red Button on Sky? 
  • Just to double check. If I wanted to for this evening, I could download the Valley Pass App and then stream the game from that direct onto my phone?
  • Rothko said:
    Isn't tonight on the Red Button on Sky? 
    Yes, but I dont have sky... although red button all but guarantees a decent stream 
  • Can you watch red button games on the sky go website? Apologies if this has been answered before. 
  • Can you watch red button games on the sky go website? Apologies if this has been answered before. 
    If memory serves, no - you need the Sky Sports App. But I could be wrong on that so probably best to get further verification!
  • If i get sky for a day, can i get red button?

thanks in advance.
  • I got the Derby game working after about 10-15 mins into the game - was unusable before that point though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just to double check. If I wanted to for this evening, I could download the Valley Pass App and then stream the game from that direct onto my phone?
    Correct as long as you’ve paid your tenner.
  • Who gets the tenner?

thanks in advance.
    On now TV? No, I don't think so

thanks in advance.
    On now TV? No, I don't think so
    That’s what i thought. Cheers.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Worked very well for me, all except for a little bit of intermittent crackle on the audio. 
  • I’m currently in the south of France and want to pay the fiver to watch on valley pass. I’ve not used this service before, do I need to sign up to valley pass and stump up the £6 a month or can I just pay the fiver and watch the Bristol City game on a one off basis?
  • Create an account and only pay a fiver, no need for the subscription.
  • Any free VPNs that can get this on?
  • Any free VPNs that can get this on?
    I use a browser called Opera - has a built in VPN that you can turn on. Haave used it for this for the past few months and works brilliantly.
  • I’m currently in the south of France and want to pay the fiver to watch on valley pass. I’ve not used this service before, do I need to sign up to valley pass and stump up the £6 a month or can I just pay the fiver and watch the Bristol City game on a one off basis?
    I signed up for just a one match pass and paid my £5 to watch on the app from New York , no monthly payment to Valley Pass
    admittedly it didn't work on the app and here i am 3 days on awaiting a reply from Valley Pass to my query but not surprised no response except the auto one

Luckily Derby's RAMS TV worked