Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Live streaming on Valley Pass - new multi camera coverage & Scott Minto hosting p46

Comments

• Options
    Excellent presentation and no adverts was my highlight!
  • Options
    Scott Minto was superb from start to finish.

He's a pro and it's great that we are his team as well. Thomas Sandgaard and his field of dreams is taking shape. At HT it looked like TS was a Jonah ! But all's well that end well and everything is good in the state of Denmark. (Not rotten you donuts)
  • Options
    Welcome home Scotty.  Excellent production and good riddance EFL.  So happy for Thomas, Scotty, Conor, Jake, Johnny, Chuks, Ben and me.  There was some screaming going on in my woman cave this afternoon.  Roll on Tuesday with AC.  UTA.
  • Options
    Fantastic coverage. Well worth the money. Please keep them going and sell season passes
  • Options
    I’m sure it would’ve been great had my stream worked, paid my tenner and redeemed my code only for it to tell me I hadn’t paid.

managed to log into my mates account after about 40 mins only to watch us let in 2 goals.

liked the post match stuff but would’ve liked it more had it worked properly!!
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Good coverage.  Much better than previous very amateur offering.  Well done Minto. 

Superb to see Jason Euell. Worth the ten quid alone. 
  • Options
    Very good coverage. A big improvement. SKY level of presentation. Scott excellent. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A VERY impressive production

I'm really pleased for all involved that they got such a good result and second half performance to christen the new setup
  • Options
    I’m sure it would’ve been great had my stream worked, paid my tenner and redeemed my code only for it to tell me I hadn’t paid.

managed to log into my mates account after about 40 mins only to watch us let in 2 goals.

Ludicrously the app is technically a different purchase and you need to buy separately through the app. If you’d been logging in through a browser, it would work based on your purchase.

More broadly about VP, ludicrous that you can’t watch after the event until it’s on valley pass in a couple of days. I went today and would be more than happy to watch the match through the stream now, and hear the interviews. The Club should work out how to take my tenner! ;)

• Options
    Great all round, great quality visuals, audio and thought Scott was such a pro as always.
  • Options

Ludicrously the app is technically a different purchase and you need to buy separately through the app. If you’d been logging in through a browser, it would work based on your purchase.

More broadly about VP, ludicrous that you can’t watch after the event until it’s on valley pass in a couple of days. I went today and would be more than happy to watch the match through the stream now, and hear the interviews. The Club should work out how to take my tenner! ;)

It doesn't make any difference for me.

I normally purchase the stream on my laptop but if I need to watch on mobile/tablet via the app it works fine.

• Options
    Massive improvement on the old service. Scott Minto was very good and Mr Sandgaard nearly crying on screen was really sweet. Three things still to go with this service and we can have something to shout about. 

Low Latency Stream -  3 times I got a text before the goals on my screen 

DVR - so you can wind it back at your leisure if needed

And In 4K UHD or at least a higher bit rate than what we have already . 
  • Options
    Massive improvement on the old service. Scott Minto was very good and Mr Sandgaard nearly crying on screen was really sweet. Three things still to go with this service and we can have something to shout about. 

This seemed better for me today. Don't think it'll ever be perfect, Sky TV is a few minutes behind.
  • Options
    I thought the whole production was first class and I suppose it can only get even better as time goes on. My only drawback was that I watched it on my laptop while I has SSN on the TV, and the goal flashes from The Valley were over a minute ahead of our "live" stream and perhaps spoiled the drama a bit. On the other hand, the Sky reports with Tom Allen hamming it up for the cameras made up for it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whether it was just coincidence or not I don't know but to me the commentary sounded more professional today. Thought there was less moaning about the ref, less mistakes regarding player names (if any) and less talking over one another. Great work all round, long may it continue. 
  • Options
    I think the delay is fairly standard across platforms. The same happens with iplayer etc, compared to what's on the telly. If you're worried about spoilers, then don't have SSN on at the same time and turn text notifications off.
  • Options
    delroofer said:
    I thought the whole production was first class and I suppose it can only get even better as time goes on. My only drawback was that I watched it on my laptop while I has SSN on the TV, and the goal flashes from The Valley were over a minute ahead of our "live" stream and perhaps spoiled the drama a bit. On the other hand, the Sky reports with Tom Allen hamming it up for the cameras made up for it.
    If you're watching SSN on your TV, the 'pause' button is your friend.

I watch VP on the laptop through the TV and watch SSN on my tablet - but I pause Sky Go for about a minute so that I know it's behind what I'm watching.

Goal updates on the match thread however ... the 3-2 posts were coming up as I was seeing our second!
  • Options
    Sorry to be technical but the facilities are there to have a delay of less than 3 seconds if would require the service to move to a CDN that has that. It’s similar to the tech that things like Zoom use.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    aliwibble said:
    If I really wanted to nitpick, there were one or two occasions where they cut to close up when staying with the wide angle would've meant it was easier to see what was going on, but that's my only quibble. Everything else was great, and it was lovely to have Scott back at the Valley. 9.9/10
    Alright Quentin!
  • Options
    Wow fantastic upgrade! Really enjoyed everything about the new format and Tel & Greg do an excellent job commentating. Like many living overseas this is my only outlet for watching CAFC. Well done Thomas - I think everyone should send him a Christmas card!
  • Options

Should be at least 1080p instead of 720p. That aside, it was great! I should turn my notifications so not to spoil it but I have so many on 😂
  • Options
    Ultimatum said:

Should be at least 1080p instead of 720p. That aside, it was great! I should turn my notifications so not to spoil it but I have so many on 😂
    Didn't help it was coming up on here before the goals went in on screen! Delay must've been huge.

1080p and low latency will do. 
  • Options
    Really enjoyed it .

It must be good if the Charlton fans who always want a pound of flesh are happy then it must be good .