Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Live streaming on Valley Pass - new multi camera coverage & Scott Minto hosting p46

Comments

• Options
    Watched all the live streams so far and this was different gravy. Well done all 
  • Options
    I’m sure it would’ve been great had my stream worked, paid my tenner and redeemed my code only for it to tell me I hadn’t paid.

managed to log into my mates account after about 40 mins only to watch us let in 2 goals.

liked the post match stuff but would’ve liked it more had it worked properly!!
    Ludicrously the app is technically a different purchase and you need to buy separately through the app. If you’d been logging in through a browser, it would work based on your purchase.

More broadly about VP, ludicrous that you can’t watch after the event until it’s on valley pass in a couple of days. I went today and would be more than happy to watch the match through the stream now, and hear the interviews. The Club should work out how to take my tenner! ;)

That is a pretty good idea mate. Hope this may be a possibility in the future.
    I paid for the stream today but then non Charlton life took over so I missed the match. I'd happily watch it all now if I could.
    Thats my fault not the clubs anyway.
    But like you say, I think there is a market there for a Saturday night package. I will settle down and enjoy Quest though 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    That was a very good production , so good it may put people off going to the game ! so be careful 
  • Options
    Very good value for money 
  • Options
    Was all the build up on the VP audio commentary part? Can't make Tuesday or watch at home, but will get to listen most of it.

Minto lives in Sheffield,  so a bit of commuting, or maybe he stays with family in Biggin Hill.
  • Options
    Follow that, Charlton Live :)
  • Options
    Fantastic afternoon of viewing. Very professional, so much better with the different camera angles, interviews and summarising
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Was all the build up on the VP audio commentary part? Can't make Tuesday or watch at home, but will get to listen most of it.

Minto lives in Sheffield,  so a bit of commuting, or maybe he stays with family in Biggin Hill.
    I was able to listen to it pn the live audio part of the mobile app whilst I took the dog for a walk this afternoon.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Ferryman said:

Why would he choose to live in Sheffield FFS?
    Grey, industrialised, polluted dump for the most part.
    That’s really weird if you ask me, especially considering he has the wedge to live almost anywhere in and around Yorkshire if he so wished......but no, he chooses Sheffield of all places. 🤔🤔🤔
  • Options
    Both myself and Son watched todays feed - excellent we both thought. Well worth a tenner. Well done all at CAFC.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ferryman said:

Surely he has a place down south, considering he was working in the Sky studios for so long?
  • Options
    I was really looking forward to watching the new production, however after a few beers I passed out on the sofa before it began. 

I hope the full pre show and game are repeated via the club, and not just the match itself. 

• Options
    Off_it said:
    aliwibble said:
    If I really wanted to nitpick, there were one or two occasions where they cut to close up when staying with the wide angle would've meant it was easier to see what was going on, but that's my only quibble. Everything else was great, and it was lovely to have Scott back at the Valley. 9.9/10
    Alright Quentin!
    Wibble with a quibble?
  • Options
    That was a very good production , so good it may put people off going to the game ! so be careful 
    Probably people who wouldn't go anyway :)
  • Options
    Must be pretty easy to just leave the whole programme available for 24 hours for those who can’t watch live but still want to pay a tenner ?
  • Options
    The only problem I've had with today's coverage is the volume level - it seems quite low, I've got my TV turned up to previously unknown levels.

Post-match show has been as good as everything else. Nice to have the interview with Jonny Williams and Lord Bowyer and Scotty have just had a brilliant chat.

Overall I'd give today's show 11/10. Very well done to all concerned.
    Doing my best Columbo impression: Just one other thing ...

Where was the Red, Red Robin?!

At the risk of sounding like a bit if a sad case I do like hearing RRR to kick off Matchday Live, Charlton Live, players coming out onto the pitch.

Over the years the club had produced a few versions of the "This Is The Valley' video to play on the big screen before kick off; maybe @Ollywozere and his merry chums could put together a new video to act as the opening titles to the Valley Pass broadcast with RRR as the theme tune?

It's not proper Charlton without a bit of Billy Cotton!
  • Options
    Excellent stuff so good to not have the camera man panning into the crowd or showing replays and missing half the game.well done to everyone involved hope you keep this service going after as I can’t afford to travel to every home game from Sheffield be willing to pay more for that service when restrictions are lifted if not I’ll have to move to Sheffield USA via vpn again 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Meant to say, ramped my volume on my ipad up to Spinal Tap 11 but even at that it wasn’t very loud......this was for the whole programme, not just the game itself.
    Apart from that it was an absolutely first class production.👍👏👌
  • Options
    Are numbers for passes sold being released ?
  • Options
    Are numbers for passes sold being released ?
    Good question.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don’t laugh ... It’s productions like yesterday’s that has the potential to make us a global brand. Ask @daveroan
  • Options
    Vast improvement,  great production , is anyone else getting a frozen screen every 10 minutes or so lasting about 6 seconds ? It only seems to happen for me when watching Valley Pass.
  • Options
    Used chromecast from android phone with valleypass app. No frozen screens and volume was fine.
  • Options
    There is no doubt in my mind that the multi camera facility, well controlled and marshalled I might add, was simply marvellous.
    I don't subscribe to Sky Sports or know anything about the visual gymnastics of video games, but on my smart TV in HD (I have 4k whatever that means, was yesterday 4k?) the picture was great, and the close up camera on Williams and the other players celebrating his goal was excellent.
    My eyesight is not 20/20, and I still prefer to be there live to look at what I choose which I will be lucky to experience on Tuesday.
    The difference in our experience away to Swindon will be noticeable.
  • Options
    The match may have had an impact as it wasn't bad, but I really enjoyed it. Credit to all involved.
  • Options
    Very enjoyable; great improvement but missed the Red Red Robin for that extra bit of Valley match day atmosphere 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    There is no doubt in my mind that the multi camera facility, well controlled and marshalled I might add, was simply marvellous.
    I don't subscribe to Sky Sports or know anything about the visual gymnastics of video games, but on my smart TV in HD (I have 4k whatever that means, was yesterday 4k?) the picture was great, and the close up camera on Williams and the other players celebrating his goal was excellent.
    My eyesight is not 20/20, and I still prefer to be there live to look at what I choose which I will be lucky to experience on Tuesday.
    The difference in our experience away to Swindon will be noticeable.
    It was far from 4K , it was 720p which is basically an entry level HD. I’ve streamed near enough every game (league) and yesterday was by far the best. Just need to crisp it up with 1080p to make it a bit clearer. 
  • Options
    720 is ok, most TVs will upscale. 4k might be a bit much for many people's internet.
  • Options
    Meant to say, ramped my volume on my ipad up to Spinal Tap 11 but even at that it wasn’t very loud......this was for the whole programme, not just the game itself.
    Apart from that it was an absolutely first class production.👍👏👌
    I had that problem to, connected to the TV through HDMI cable from laptop always been ok in the past. 
  • Options
    So so much better yesterday, thought it was brilliant - can't stress that enough! Very very minor points for improvement would be the cuts to close ups were a bit jarring sometimes during the game, the sound was a little quiet pitchside and if I'm being super picky I would love full hd or 4k. But can't stress enough it is so much better than ifollow stream , it's night and day already