Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++ Tomer Hemed (p47 gone to New Zealand) ++

Comments

• Options
    Why would they option his contract for a loan though? All that does is risk that they might have to pay him for no reason if no-one wants to take him. They probably did activate it in the hopes they would get a fee and then when no-one was interested they may have just terminated it rather than pay him for the rest of the year.
    I saw a report that last season QPR paid a loan fee of 750k to take Hemed for the season. I've no idea if that is accurate, but loan fees are certainly a "thing". There were reports towards the end of last season that a number of clubs (here and abroad) were interested in taking him. Obviously Albion optioned the extra year in the pretty firm belief that they would be able to off-load him. I'm sure if Albion had terminated his contract they would have announced that (rather than assign him a squad number 24 hours later).
  • Options
    AZSeagull said:
    Why would they option his contract for a loan though? All that does is risk that they might have to pay him for no reason if no-one wants to take him. They probably did activate it in the hopes they would get a fee and then when no-one was interested they may have just terminated it rather than pay him for the rest of the year.
    I saw a report that last season QPR paid a loan fee of 750k to take Hemed for the season. I've no idea if that is accurate, but loan fees are certainly a "thing". There were reports towards the end of last season that a number of clubs (here and abroad) were interested in taking him. Obviously Albion optioned the extra year in the pretty firm belief that they would be able to off-load him. I'm sure if Albion had terminated his contract they would have announced that (rather than assign him a squad number 24 hours later).

He's not coming to us - is he?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    As far as I understand it:

- transfers can be completed at any time during the year but they usually do not happen outside of a transfer window because...
    - in order to play for their new club, players must be registered with the FA before the deadline. If the registration is not completed in time, the player must wait until the next window opens before making an appearance.

This would mean that Hemed is our player and the transfer was completed (the deadline doesn’t affect this part) but because he was not registered in time, he can’t play for us until January.

Basically, Roland is going to be very unhappy about paying wages for a player who cannot play for the next four months.

• Options
    Could he play for the U23s to stay match fit?
  • Options
    Could he play for the U23s to stay match fit?
    No.
  • Options
    Couldn't we just disguise him as a registered player when we néed him?

A better way is to register a lookalike. Then we play Hemed under thé lookalike's name. That way we'd only néed to use make-up once
  • Options
    He signed for Brighton when they were actively pushing for promotion to the prem when he was 27/8.  A 3 year deal, plus the option of a 4th year suggests he wasnt on peanuts.

I can't see him agreeing to have his contract terminated to sign for us for buttons.  Which is what we allegedly pay.  Also I can't see us paying a biggish, by our recent standards, transfer fee and giving him a 1 year contract.

If Brighton gave him a 1 year extension just to get a fee, wouldn't he expect parity in wages to move?  I can't see Brighton giving him an extension then paying him off?  Unless it was like a golden hand shake as a thank you?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Couldn't we just disguise him as a registered player when we néed him?
    As Jonny Williams?
  • Options
    Knowing the FA they forgot they even need to look into it and binned the paperwork/deleted the email
  • Options
    Simple solution, hemed settles his contract or buys it out with Brighton for whatever fee we paid, we give him that fee as a signing on bonus. Bowyer send me my commission in the post 😎😂
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Simple solution, hemed settles his contract or buys it out with Brighton for whatever fee we paid, we give him that fee as a signing on bonus. Bowyer send me my commission in the post 😎😂
    Can't register him until January if he done that as he was still under contract with Brighton after the deadline
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    You can have it as an early valentines then because that can’t happen until January. 
  • Options
    Maybe if we admit that we sent the paperwork in too late, we will be allowed to sign him?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49337051

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    This really is getting beyond a joke now, isn't it?! How hard can it be to demonstrate (a) what was the actual deadline and (b) was the deadline met? Unbelievable Jeff!
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    This really is getting beyond a joke now, isn't it?! How hard can it be to demonstrate (a) what was the actual deadline and (b) was the deadline met? Unbelievable Jeff!
    My understanding is that the FA said "no" fairly quickly (within 24 hours) but Charlton then appealed.

I don't know what has happened since last Friday but I suspect the delay is because Charlton haven't accepted the FA's ruling on appeal and continue to fight our corner.

WIOTOS
  • Options
    This will be sad if Hemed has to head back up North again. Thursday deadline which looked good always has a sting in the tail for Cafc fans. Or a kick in the Gonads when Scott Parker was sold late in the day. 
  • Options
    I've given up hope, I know Cawley has mentioned its still ongoing and nothing confirmed. If by chance we still get him, or confirmed then I will be delighted. I wont be holding my breathe...
  • Options
    edited August 2019

I'd be setting my own deadline. I'd be telling the FA that they have until 5pm today to sort this once & for all & if we hadn't heard back by then, then we'll be playing him on Saturday. Sod points deductions for ineligible player. Have Bolton been penalised for not fulfilling the final fixture last season - No.

Shame we haven't got a CEO with balls. shame we haven't got a CEO full stop.

Would never work and The FA and EFL would just come down even harder on us. When survival is our main aim this season, why risk them putting us on minus points because we haven’t heard back on the matter.

The authorities in this country are a joke, yes they’re not fit for purpose, but if we start acting like we have the authority to do what you have suggested, it doesn’t help anyone and opens a whole new can of worms. Others clubs will have the stance of, ‘well we can go and play whoever we like, doesn’t matter whether they’re officially our player or not.’ Things don’t work like that.

If it doesn’t come back in our favour, we will appeal again and again until it does. If we are so certain we done it right, eventually we will get the result that is fair and correct. We can’t start stomping our feet because The FA will just look at that in a poor way and make sure they reject it. 
  • Options

I'd be setting my own deadline. I'd be telling the FA that they have until 5pm today to sort this once & for all & if we hadn't heard back by then, then we'll be playing him on Saturday. Sod points deductions for ineligible player. Have Bolton been penalised for not fulfilling the final fixture last season - No.

Shame we haven't got a CEO with balls. shame we haven't got a CEO full stop.

Sexist
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    Maybe if we admit that we sent the paperwork in too late, we will be allowed to sign him?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49337051

So the richest club in the world, owned by people from a country well known for its human rights abuses is found guilty of breaking rules related to protecting minors from human trafficking and get fined £310K.  That will nip it in the bud I am certain. 
    Saudi Arabian owners leading the way....
  • Options
    If can't play until January why dont we release him, and then sign him again on a free? That way he can join immediately...
  • Options
    tgarrat1 said:
    If can't play until January why dont we release him, and then sign him again on a free? That way he can join immediately...
    He would of had to been released prior to the 5pm deadline last Thursday. No cheeky loophole there unfortunately