Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++ Tomer Hemed (p47 gone to New Zealand) ++

Comments

• Options
    AZSeagull said:
    Brighton fan here - any word your end on what the transfer fee is (or would be, should the deal actually materialise)?
    Is the deal materialises, 50p. If the FA stop the transfer, £100m

No idea what the fee would be, I can't imagine it would be very much...
  • Options
    Thought I read somewhere from a reliable poster fee was around £600k. 
  • Options
    Have the FA gone home now?.
    Probably 
    Like our ticket office 
    Half day Monday and a full day off later in the week
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I know how those in authority in football make these sort of decisions at first hand. I had to provide evidence at a Herts FA hearing last season, and I was told by some old wally on the panel what a word in my statement meant. I explained it had two meanings, and clarified the meaning I meant when I wrote it! He wouldn't stop, I wanted to go up and hit him. I mean, I wrote the bloody thing which put me at an advantage in interpreting the meaning! Which wouldn't have been a good idea. These things in football are complete shams - you need 100% proof and you never get even a fraction of any benefit of the doubt.
  • Options
    AZSeagull said:
    Brighton fan here - any word your end on what the transfer fee is (or would be, should the deal actually materialise)?
    Knowing our owner it will be undisclosed! Everything is undisclosed with him 
  • Options
    I know how those in authority in football make these sort of decisions at first hand. I had to provide evidence at a Herts FA hearing last season, and I was told by some old wally on the panel what a word in my statement meant. I explained it had two meanings, and clarified the meaning I meant when I wrote it! He wouldn't stop, I wanted to go up and hit him. I mean, I wrote the bloody thing which put me at an advantage in interpreting the meaning! Which wouldn't have been a good idea. These things in football are complete shams - you need 100% proof and you never get even a fraction of any benefit of the doubt.
    Lucky this will be matter of fact, not opinion.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Got a funny feeling it won’t happen if it’s already gone to an appeal.  One, our record on appeals, two, I’m sure the FA are mindful of not setting too many precedents, regardless of the facts.  I just see them like DVLA.  Machines that don’t really take into account any sort of circumstances once a decision has been made

could be wrong, but think this will be a frustrating verdict for us 
    The FA are quite happy to set precedents, but only if it is for one of the big clubs/players...

A case in point: Quite a few years ago, when John Terry was captain of England, Chelsea were playing Manchester City. A City player, (I can't remember his name) span off him on the half way line, and was away. Terry, cynically, rugby tackled him to stop him. The referee, quite correctly IMO, showed him a red card. Chelsea appealed, and the red card was overturned to a yellow. I said to my mate at the time: "Another nail in the coffin for players with pace in the game. Clod hopping centre backs now know they can rugby tackle players that skin them, and they'll only get a yellow." A few months later Dennis Rommerdahl did exactly that at The Valley, and was duly rugby tackled. Yellow card.
  • Options
    Does anyone think they were both ment to be perms, but the other guy would have failed a medical, so it's a loan to sign in January?  
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Does anyone think they were both ment to be perms, but the other guy would have failed a medical, so it's a loan to sign in January?  
    No.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Wouldn’t you give a player a medical whether it’s a loan or permanent deal?
    The risk is a lot smaller though isn't it, if he isn't properly fit we can send him back in a January. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    The risk is a lot smaller though isn't it, if he isn't properly fit we can send him back in a January. 
    You’d still want to know if there were any issues though wouldn’t you? You’d give a player a medical if they had a 6 month or 1 year contract, which is the same length as a loan.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    You’d still want to know if there were any issues though wouldn’t you? You’d give a player a medical if they had a 6 month or 1 year contract, which is the same length as a loan.
    You can't send them back for a refund if it is perm. He is crocked.  
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    But it is much easier with a loan for both clubs to agree a deal. Pay for playing would be easier for an injured player for example.

We also don’t know how much of his wages we are paying and that could vary between all or nothing.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    Scoham said:
    I think I read even Cullen had a medical prior to signing.

Which to me suggests we are paying a fair chunk of his wages.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Got a funny feeling it won’t happen if it’s already gone to an appeal.  One, our record on appeals, two, I’m sure the FA are mindful of not setting too many precedents, regardless of the facts.  I just see them like DVLA.  Machines that don’t really take into account any sort of circumstances once a decision has been made

The FA are quite happy to set precedents, but only if it is for one of the big clubs/players...

A case in point: Quite a few years ago, when John Terry was captain of England, Chelsea were playing Manchester City. A City player, (I can't remember his name) span off him on the half way line, and was away. Terry, cynically, rugby tackled him to stop him. The referee, quite correctly IMO, showed him a red card. Chelsea appealed, and the red card was overturned to a yellow. I said to my mate at the time: "Another nail in the coffin for players with pace in the game. Clod hopping centre backs now know they can rugby tackle players that skin them, and they'll only get a yellow." A few months later Dennis Rommerdahl did exactly that at The Valley, and was duly rugby tackled. Yellow card.
    The City player was Jo.  The red card was overturned because Ricardo Carvalho was covering. So the right decision was a yellow.  If, in the Rommedahl incident there was a covering defender, that too should have been a yellow card (unless there is serious foul play or violent conduct).  

It's very easy to feel that Charlton - as one of the "smaller" clubs (I hate that phrase!) - are treated unfairly.  But I don't think that every decision that goes against Charlton is a demonstration of that.  

The Osei Sankofa case is often cited as an example.  But, in the cold light of day it's clear that Charlton got that one badly wrong.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Wether it is perm or a loan. There is always a nedical. 
    It is a condition of a clubs insurance - all players signing for the club must undergo a medical prior to completion of the move.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rudders22 said:
    It is a condition of a clubs insurance - all players signing for the club must undergo a medical prior to completion of the move.
    Even Lewis Page, Jack Wilshire and Andy Carroll !
    Doctor Who or Witch Doctor did the examination ?
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Was there a horse involved?
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    cabbles said:

The City player was Jo.  The red card was overturned because Ricardo Carvalho was covering. So the right decision was a yellow.  If, in the Rommedahl incident there was a covering defender, that too should have been a yellow card (unless there is serious foul play or violent conduct).  

It's very easy to feel that Charlton - as one of the "smaller" clubs (I hate that phrase!) - are treated unfairly.  But I don't think that every decision that goes against Charlton is a demonstration of that.  

The Osei Sankofa case is often cited as an example.  But, in the cold light of day it's clear that Charlton got that one badly wrong.
    How many other clubs have had bans extended due to appealing since then?

How many other clubs had bans extended due to appealing before then?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Rudders22 said:
    Was there a horse involved?
    There was when Mr Ed Upson was transferred.
  • Options
    The Osei Sankofa case was a little unusual. We were incidental to the whole process to a certain extent, it was really a power battle between the FA and the Premier League. The Premier League put their full support behind us, and I think the FA were then more inclined to do what they did in an attempt to win the battle, hence the extra game ban.

As for the incident itself, you could rule either way. Van Persie was offside, so there was no goal scoring opportunity for Osei to deny him. However, Osei didn't know that, he pulled Van Persie back to deliberately deny him a goal scoring opportunity, it just happens that the flag then went up meaning his foul was unnecessary.

The Premier League picked the wrong case to make their stand on, as it was a case that could easily be ruled either way (and we know the FA don't like overturning a decision if there'e even the thinest of possible justification for the original decision), and we paid the price for that.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    This is relatively recent. I seem to recall Dave "The Secret Footballer" Kitson mentioning in one of his columns that on deadline day, either he or a close friend had a transfer rushed through without a medical.

That said, doing one is quite rightly due process and should absolutely be a condition upon which a transfer rests.
  • Options
    Is sturridge still free
  • Options
    The Osei Sankofa case was a little unusual. We were incidental to the whole process to a certain extent, it was really a power battle between the FA and the Premier League. The Premier League put their full support behind us, and I think the FA were then more inclined to do what they did in an attempt to win the battle, hence the extra game ban.

As for the incident itself, you could rule either way. Van Persie was offside, so there was no goal scoring opportunity for Osei to deny him. However, Osei didn't know that, he pulled Van Persie back to deliberately deny him a goal scoring opportunity, it just happens that the flag then went up meaning his foul was unnecessary.

The Premier League picked the wrong case to make their stand on, as it was a case that could easily be ruled either way (and we know the FA don't like overturning a decision if there'e even the thinest of possible justification for the original decision), and we paid the price for that.
    This is why I think the decision to appeal the red card was utterly ridiculous. 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    This is relatively recent. I seem to recall Dave "The Secret Footballer" Kitson mentioning in one of his columns that on deadline day, either he or a close friend had a transfer rushed through without a medical.

That said, doing one is quite rightly due process and should absolutely be a condition upon which a transfer rests.
    It's quite common for players to have a medical at their own club (sometimes by an independent doc), and the report be deemed good enough by the buying/loaning club.

So for example, if a player knows he is leaving a club (loan or perm) he has a medical close to deadline day and doesn't train any further.
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    Is sturridge still free
    Failed the medical