Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2019/20

Comments

• Options
    They'll get over 100 points.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    They would have taken losing every group game in the Champions League and going out to Accrington in the 3rd round of the FA Cup if you told them in August that they’d finally win the league.

Cannot begin to describe just how much they’ve been wanting and waiting for that title.
  • Options
    Will easily get 100 points 
  • Options
    Its also been the shittest Premier League for years...

Man City have had endless injury problems
    Chelsea have a new Manager and a transfer ban
    Spurs just havent done anything
    Man Utd and Arsenal are just playing for laughs these days

Leicester and Sheffield United have been competing for the Champions League which says it all - Said it when Man City's European Ban got announced, Liverpool should enjoy this as dont think its the start of a Klopp era within the Premier League, Man City without distractions in Europe should piss over the domestic competitions like what we saw when Chelsea didnt qualify for Europe that year and won the Premier League the next
  • Options
    I was at Anfield today (perk of the job) and it will not be too long before teams start to realise Liverpool are there for the taking at times. With a bit more belief, Leicester could have done them a few weeks ago and the same today with Spurs. When they actually put their mind on attacking, they cut through Liverpools defense with ease at times. 
    Quoting myself but I didn't think it would take this long before Liverpool got done
  • Options
    Good start for Man Utd
  • Options
    Said it before but United must cash out on De Gea in the summer. Henderson right now is a better keeper with years to get even better. 
  • Options
    Said it before but United must cash out on De Gea in the summer. Henderson right now is a better keeper with years to get even better. 
    Says it all when PSG want Henderson NOT de Gea
  • Options
    Great goalkeeper from Everton this time!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Add Pickford to the list of players now wildly inconsistent in the Prem but very good for England.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Add Pickford to the list of players now wildly inconsistent in the Prem but very good for England.
    Unfortunately Southgate is not strong enough to ditch him for Pope or Henderson. 
  • Options
    Wow... Interesting, Everton just got a winner but they had a man down right in front of de Gea

Doesnt touch it but will VAR rule it out over interferance

VAR has disallowed it which makes a joke of the decision to allow Luton's first against us in November
  • Options
    Right decision I think, although doubt De Gea would have saved it anyway. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I don’t like that offside decision. De Gea can see the ball, he’s not saving that after the deflection. It really doesn’t feel like the player on the floor influences it that much. Wouldn’t mind a rule change there now we have VAR to make it clear.
  • Options
    But the players made a deliberate move in an offside position, no goal 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Rothko said:
    No, it’s not that straightforward. You can do whatever you like as long as it has no impact on the game.
    If anyone is saying De Gea would’ve saved that if the legs being withdrawn hadn’t distracted him, they’re deluded. You could argue he was distracted, but I really don’t think so - he’s already moving the other way due to the deflection.

In my opinion, this was a decision based on interpretation (ie did the “offside” player affect the game?) as opposed to the black and white offside decisions that VAR has made so far this year. As it’s an interpretation issue, I don’t agree that it was a clear and obvious error, so the goal should’ve stood.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Isn't the law regarding a movement towards the ball? This was away from it. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Haha!
    Solskjær: “David says he was distracted, so that’s enough.”

True. Footballers are always honest when it comes to marginal decisions.
    🙄
  • Options
    That goal would have stood if it had been at the other end. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Got your friends at Palace next - hopefully build on the win but they seem to have picked up a habit of getting 1-0 wins.

Zaha seems to be a bit of a target in our games - their fans think we are out to kick him to death.

Congratulations on yesterday.

Feel free to kick the shot out him with my blessing.

I just hope you don't turn in a play off final performance against them this time. I gave my Director (a Brighton living Watford fan) no end of grief for about six months after that.
  • Options
    I am sure we will try to mark him out of the game.

Does seem to wind him and their fans up !
  • Options
    Easy to say with hindsight, but last summer was the time to move him on for decent money, PSG would have taken him.

Now he's on bigger wages, FFP is more worrying for PSG, and De Gea has proven the poor form at the end of last season might not just have been a blip.
  • Options
    That really did come from nowhere!

Sure Liverpool haven't quite been at their best for a couple of weeks and we did actually play pretty well at Anfield despite losing but 3-0 was outstanding.

Not just scoring 3 goals but basically shutting them out to hardly a shot in anger on target was impressive.

Got your friends at Palace next - hopefully build on the win but they seem to have picked up a habit of getting 1-0 wins.

Zaha seems to be a bit of a target in our games - their fans think we are out to kick him to death.

They think that about everyone and Zaha, don't realise half of it is him chucking himself to the ground far too easily.

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    I don’t like that offside decision. De Gea can see the ball, he’s not saving that after the deflection. It really doesn’t feel like the player on the floor influences it that much. Wouldn’t mind a rule change there now we have VAR to make it clear.
     I actually disagree with you here.

If at any point from the shot travelling towards goal De Gea couldn't see the ball, which there was, then it should rightly be ruled offside.
  • Options
    Right to disallow it in my opinion, Sigurdsson is right in front of De Gea whilst offside, no it didn't touch him and he wasn't in De Gea's line of vision exactly, but he's right by him, it's enough of a distraction to De Gea that I don't think you can say he's not interfering with play at all.
  • Options
    Right to disallow it in my opinion, Sigurdsson is right in front of De Gea whilst offside, no it didn't touch him and he wasn't in De Gea's line of vision exactly, but he's right by him, it's enough of a distraction to De Gea that I don't think you can say he's not interfering with play at all.
    The ball is already past Sigurdsson by the time De Gea has landed while moving the other way. He’s beaten by being wrongfooted by the deflection, nothing else. The idea that Sigurdsson has affected De Gea’s ability to save it is ludicrous.

Regardless, the fact that this is even up for debate tells you it should’ve been allowed, because it’s not a question of him being in an offside position (which is black and white), rather it’s a question of whether he was interfering or not (which is open to interpretation). As there is still disagreement on this point, it can’t be deemed to be a clear and obvious error, so the goal should have stood.

If, on the replay, it was seen to have hit Sigurdsson or if De Gea had clearly looked to have paused longer than you might expect, then there would be a case for clear and obvious. But that’s not what happened. He was already beaten.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

If at any point from the shot travelling towards goal De Gea couldn't see the ball, which there was, then it should rightly be ruled offside.
    De Gea couldn't see the ball because of the five Man Utd defenders between him and Calvert-Lewin.

If anything, Sigurðsson was very smart by not attempting to back to his feet after he hit the deck - he kept still, he kept low, and had quick enough reactions to pull his feet out of the way after the deflection.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

De Gea couldn't see the ball because of the five Man Utd defenders between him and Calvert-Lewin.

If anything, Sigurðsson was very smart by not attempting to back to his feet after he hit the deck - he kept still, he kept low, and had quick enough reactions to pull his feet out of the way after the deflection.
    I can't see how sitting 2ft in front of the keeper and pulling your legs out of the way so a shot can go in can't be interfering with play.
  • Options
    He's interfering with play by not interfering with play.