Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2019/20

Comments

• When did Son break his arm, seeing that he played the full game on Sunday?

I guess Troy Parrott will now get a run in the side. An audition for his loan spell with us next season!
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Breaking news ?

Son has a fractured arm.
    And thats Spurs done for this season.

We've had more injuries this season than I've had hot dinners.  Bloody ridiculous.

I look forward to the Premier League allowing us to do what Barcelona are doing, signing a centre forward outside of the transfer window.  Oh wait...
    as bad as us ? .. must be something in the London air (or water) ((:>)
  • When did Son break his arm, seeing that he played the full game on Sunday?

I guess Troy Parrott will now get a run in the side. An audition for his loan spell with us next season!
    He went down first half.  Had some treatment but got up and carried on.
    Was told he was coming off at HT but strangely came out for the 2nd half.  Good job he did with getting the winner and all that.

Yeah, lets hope Troy gets some game time and hits the ground running.  He's either going to sink or swim.  Hopefully he'll swim.

as bad as us ? .. must be something in the London air (or water) ((:>)
    Hmm, probably similar.  Lloris, Vertonghen, Davies, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Lamela (probably on maternity leave again with a broken vagina!), Foyth and Kane have all been out for months at a time rather than weeks.  I've been told this morning Son is out for months rather than weeks too by someone in the know.
  • Apparently Mourinho has just confirmed Sonny is likely out for the season now.
  • edited February 2020
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Breaking news ?

Son has a fractured arm.

We've had more injuries this season than I've had hot dinners.  Bloody ridiculous.

I look forward to the Premier League allowing us to do what Barcelona are doing, signing a centre forward outside of the transfer window.  Oh wait...
    TBH this is winding me up now.

Seen so many people online saying, its only because its Barcelona blah blah blah(I know you are not but its all I have seen on Twitter and its doing my head in)

Its written into La Liga rules, which all clubs agreed to, Dembele is out for more than 6 months, he has been removed from their squad so even ig he makes a good recovery thats its he wont be able to play again this season as he had been deregistered and they can now buy someone to replace him with, did they know 2 weeks ago during the transfer window that Dembele was gonna need surgery that would keep him out for 6 months, no or they would have signed someone then.

They are using something that is within the La Liga rules now buy someoneand yes its harsh on Sociedad or Levante whiever they go for out of William Jose or Martin Brathwaite but the rules were agreed to.

• edited February 2020
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Breaking news ?

Son has a fractured arm.

Seen so many people online saying, its only because its Barcelona blah blah blah(I know you are not but its all I have seen on Twitter and its doing my head in)

Its written into La Liga rules, which all clubs agreed to, Dembele is out for more than 6 months, he has been removed from their squad so even ig he makes a good recovery thats its he wont be able to play again this season as he had been deregistered and they can now buy someone to replace him with, did they know 2 weeks ago during the transfer window that Dembele was gonna need surgery that would keep him out for 6 months, no or they would have signed someone then.

They are using something that is within the La Liga rules now buy someoneand yes its harsh on Sociedad or Levante whiever they go for out of William Jose or Martin Brathwaite but the rules were agreed to.

It might well be written into the rules but its complete absolute bollocks and makes a mockery on the European transfer window.  Yes or no?  Simple answer.

[EDIT]  Can imagine Levy finding some excuse to weasle himself out of spending any money on cover if that rule was written into the PL regulations lol.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Breaking news ?

Son has a fractured arm.

It might well be written into the rules but its complete absolute bollocks and makes a mockery on the European transfer window.  Yes or no?  Simple answer.

[EDIT]  Can imagine Levy finding some excuse to weasle himself out of spending any money on cover if that rule was written into the PL regulations lol.
    Simple answer no.

It's written into the rules everyone knows - or should that it might impact (in football) that it's a thing. French clubs were, I assume still are allowed to sign 1 player domestically outside the window. Other European leagues - yes not the big ones but some are still open. The Chinese window is still open to 27 Feb, if they were still chucking money at big name players would everyone still be moaning about that? Probably.

Unless all leagues in the world operate with the same window and rules there will be people that get upset and claim it's unfair. You play in the league you play in with whatever rules are decided for transfers, and have to plan accordingly. Unfortunately sometimes players get injured, sometimes you're in a league where you can get someone in, sometimes you're not. Is it fair? No. But Barca knew the rules as much as Tottenham do, it's not Barcelona's fault those are the rules in La Liga. 
  • edited February 2020

Simon Jordan proper lays into Mino Raiola 
  • As much as we all know what Simon Jordan was like at Palarse... a proper tool.
    I actually like him on TalkSport, not afraid to speak the truth and say how it is, especially when he proper laid in to our beloved Uncle Roland that time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Attendance at the Etihad is shocking tonight.
    You can take the club out of league one....

• Simon Jordan proper lays into Mino Raiola 
    I think ultimately Jordan is right in what he says, but he should've let Raiola speak more instead of shouting him down.

However Raiola doesn't really have much of a case. Pogba is 26 and if stays at United for the rest of his career, Raiola wouldn't get another big pay day from him. However if he gets him to move this summer, then again at say 30 he's got two more multi million pay days coming his way. So it's a no brainer for Raiola to do what he's doing.
  • Attendance at the Etihad is shocking tonight.
    Attendance at the Etihad is shocking tonight.

I noticed that also .. a rearranged game against a lowly club is not the most attractive viewing prospect (though I did watch the 1st half on TV) .. with Euro games and high prices, fans will more and more pick which games they attend .. I wonder how much, if at all,  the Euro sanctions have impacted on the Citteeee fans ?
  • Watching Arsenal score 45 seconds into the second half brought up my PTSD.

• Graham Stuart just shown on Sky doing commentary for someone
  • edited February 2020
    West Ham just gone 2-1 up at Anfield!! - Cmon the Hammers - Please ensure Liverpool dont become Invincibles!!

Can we dare to hope that this is Liverpool imploding in both League and Champions League?
  • Urgh FFS!! - Jammy scouse bastards!!
  • Liverpool look awful without Henderson. He doesn’t get enough respect.
  • West Ham just gone 2-1 up at Anfield!! - Cmon the Hammers - Please ensure Liverpool dont become Invincibles!!

Can we dare to hope that this is Liverpool imploding in both League and Champions League?
    Why did u have to open your mouth lol
  • Normal service resumed
  • Sponsored links:

• I just had to open my mouth!!
  • Bloody hell there are going to be some confused Scousers what with a VAR decision going against them
  • If all VAR decisions were made as quickly as that it would be a lot more bearable. 
  • Talal said:
    If all VAR decisions were made as quickly as that it would be a lot more bearable. 
    VAR shouldnt even have been needed... Was a blatant offside
  • Talal said:
    If all VAR decisions were made as quickly as that it would be a lot more bearable. 
    VAR shouldnt even have been needed... Was a blatant offside
    Right but aren't linesmen told to keep flag down unless 100% certain? It was always going to be checked. 
  • Looking at the stats if this is a bad Liverpool performance what’s a good one look like?! 71pc possession, 25 shots, 16 corners. Bloody pummelling!
  • Big win for Norwich today, still 4 points from safety but keeps them within touching distance 
  • Big win for Norwich today, still 4 points from safety but keeps them within touching distance 
    Leicester seem to have hit a wall. If they're not careful, they'll lose  their Champions League place
    Still got to play Brighton | West Ham | Watford as well

Would love to see them stay up
    Still got to play Brighton | West Ham | Watford as well

Would love to see them stay up
    I love seeing Norwich do well as it's a much happier office during the week!

On a selfish note though I'd be happy for City to go down as it means I'd have an away game to go to next season (assuming we stay up!) and I'd be able to take grandson no 2 to Carrow Road at the same time.

Trying to get a couple of tickets for Norwich games to take junior is nigh on impossible ... and they often clash with Charlton home games so if he wants to go to football he has to go to The Valley with me!

It was said in commentary last night that Norwich have already had 20,000+ season ticket renewals for next season, which isn't bad before the end of February.