Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2019/20

Comments

• Options
    Given that he had plenty of time to get up and get out of the way, if he wasn't trying to interfere what exactly was he doing sitting there?
  • Options

All this who ha around the Everton disallowed goal, it was as clear as day old rules/ VAR or no VAR its the correct decision.

VAR being a joke is a total different argument and on its own its trying to ruin football this year, please get rid.

• Options

All this who ha around the Everton disallowed goal, it was as clear as day old rules/ VAR or no VAR its the correct decision.

VAR being a joke is a total different argument and on its own its trying to ruin football this year, please get rid.

They shouldn't have even gone to VAR - Sigurdsson was clearly in an offside position, so the ref and lino should have conferred.
  • Options
    No pre match hand shakes due to Coronavirus fears.
    I guess the next step is a minimum 2 yards distance from each other at corners.

I know it’s a serious issue but it’s a contact sport. If hand shakes are that dangerous perhaps the games should be off/behind closed doors.
    shaking hands is surely down the list compared to being in a crowd of thousands, which is the main reason games in other European cities have been postponed. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020

I know it’s a serious issue but it’s a contact sport. If hand shakes are that dangerous perhaps the games should be off/behind closed doors.
    shaking hands is surely down the list compared to being in a crowd of thousands, which is the main reason games in other European cities have been postponed. 
    The silly bints did the "elbow bump" last night when England played the USA. 

To put it into context this is what happend:

Both teams came out the tunnel holding the hands of a young person/mascot (22 examples of direct contact with another person)

They bumped elbows instead of shaking hands

After the anthems both teams went to the touch line and each player was handed a water bottle by a substitute (22 examples of direct contact with a bottle handled by more than one person)

Both teams then went into a huddle with hands and arms draped around shoulders touching faces.

The 4 x officials then all placed one hand on top of the ball touching each others hand and did a stupid high five thingy

You could not make it up, stupid publicity stunt. 
  • Options
    Then they spend 90 minutes spitting. Fucking worlds gone mad.
  • Options
    edited March 2020

The silly bints did the "elbow bump" last night when England played the USA. 

To put it into context this is what happend:

Both teams came out the tunnel holding the hands of a young person/mascot (22 examples of direct contact with another person)

They bumped elbows instead of shaking hands

After the anthems both teams went to the touch line and each player was handed a water bottle by a substitute (22 examples of direct contact with a bottle handled by more than one person)

Both teams then went into a huddle with hands and arms draped around shoulders touching faces.

The 4 x officials then all placed one hand on top of the ball touching each others hand and did a stupid high five thingy

You could not make it up, stupid publicity stunt. 
    TBF they did it in Israel as well 

• Options
    What's the protocol for a goal being scored? Air kisses, jazz hands?
  • Options
    Ooo are the wheels coming off for the Scousers?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ooo are the wheels coming off for the Scousers?
    No
  • Options
    Then they spend 90 minutes spitting. Fucking worlds gone mad.
    For a contact sport it is ridiculous, but I suppose if it helps get the message out about keeping hands clean then it's not a bad thing for the general public to see. 
  • Options
    So players can shake hands after the game but not before it.

Does Coronavirus risk disappear after 90 minutes of football then lol
  • Options
    More excellent man management from Mourinho yesterday, laying into their record signing Ndombele.

"In the first half we didn't have a midfield," said Mourinho.

"Of course I'm not speaking of Skipp because he's a kid of 19 who's played two hours in the last few days. I don't criticise him at all.

"But I'm not going to run away and I have to say he [Ndombele] has had enough time to come to a different level.

"I know the Premier League is difficult, and some players take a long time to adapt to a different league.

"But a player with his potential has to give us more than he is giving us, especially when you see how Lucas, Lo Celso and those players are playing. I was expecting more in the first half from him."

Not saying that he isn't speaking the truth, because Ndombele has been very poor for a guy who cost 50-60m, but i don't think you'll hear Guardiola, Klopp, Ancelotti etc laying into one of their players publicly like this.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Mourinho is bang on the money.

Ndombele has got bundles of ability BUT his fitness and attitude is appalling.

Some players need an arm round them, some need a rocket put up their harris.

Ndombele gets put on, shows a couple of flashes of brilliance then is blowing out of his arse 10 mins later.  The coaching team identified he was behind on his fitness and they've had him working 1-1 behind the scenes, dieticians involved, the works but when he came back from the mid-season break with the nickname Ndombelly (check out the photos online) no wonder Mourinho is raging with him.  The fellas attitude stinks.  At a time when the injury crisis is seeing Winks, Lo Celso, Skipp, Dier and co run into the ground, its bloody right that Mourinho is raging that he cant last 45 mins!

In contrast, Lo Celso arrived at the club on the last day of the transfer window, no pre season, was out injured for 2 months, came back into the team around November and has played himself into being the one and only contender for Spurs' player of the season by being sensationally good in almost every appearance he has made.

Massive questions need to be asked about Spurs' scouting when this fitness and attitude wasnt identified before we spunked £65m on him.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Ndombele gets put on, shows a couple of flashes of brilliance then is blowing out of his arse 10 mins later.  The coaching team identified he was behind on his fitness and they've had him working 1-1 behind the scenes, dieticians involved, the works but when he came back from the mid-season break with the nickname Ndombelly (check out the photos online) no wonder Mourinho is raging with him.  The fellas attitude stinks.  At a time when the injury crisis is seeing Winks, Lo Celso, Skipp, Dier and co run into the ground, its bloody right that Mourinho is raging that he cant last 45 mins!

In contrast, Lo Celso arrived at the club on the last day of the transfer window, no pre season, was out injured for 2 months, came back into the team around November and has played himself into being the one and only contender for Spurs' player of the season by being sensationally good in almost every appearance he has made.

Massive questions need to be asked about Spurs' scouting when this fitness and attitude wasnt identified before we spunked £65m on him.
    He played 50 games for Lyon in 2017-18 and 49 games in 2018-19.

What part of that would suggest he had any fitness issues?
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    JohnBoyUK said:

Well there is that and his France caps but its plain for everyone to see he has got fitness issues now.

(and thats exactly why I was asking on the FA Cuo thread about tracking injuries as I done exactly that, looked up his stats for the last 2 seasons to find out exactly what he had played and hadnt for writing an article on him elsewhere!)
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Well there is that and his France caps but its plain for everyone to see he has got fitness issues now.

(and thats exactly why I was asking on the FA Cuo thread about tracking injuries as I done exactly that, looked up his stats for the last 2 seasons to find out exactly what he had played and hadnt for writing an article on him elsewhere!)
    Didn't he get injured pre-season? I'm sure that combined with playing in a much tougher league can't have helped.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    He did pick up a couple of niggles but come on, its flipping March!  

Have to say @Chris_from_Sidcup, I must be totally on my own in my view as the majority of Spurs forums I've read this morning agree with you along the lines of throwing player under the bus, blaming him for everything, blaming the team deficiencies on his outdated management methods, etc.

So many people blaming him for the toxic environment where at the end of the day, I see it as it all falls on Levy.
  • Options
    This Billy Gilmour at Chelsea looks a real talent.

2nd game in 4 days and his 2nd MOTM award.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2020
    JohnBoyUK said:
    He did pick up a couple of niggles but come on, its flipping March!  

Have to say @Chris_from_Sidcup, I must be totally on my own in my view as the majority of Spurs forums I've read this morning agree with you along the lines of throwing player under the bus, blaming him for everything, blaming the team deficiencies on his outdated management methods, etc.

So many people blaming him for the toxic environment where at the end of the day, I see it as it all falls on Levy.
    I don't know the ins and outs of what goes on at Spurs but like i said earlier, i don't think you'd see Klopp or Guardiola hammer their player in the media like Jose did. By all means sub him off, give him extra training sessions, have a go at him in the dressing room, but slaughtering him in the media i don't think gives a good impression.

Agree on Gilmour though, looks a superb player although he looks about 13.

Roy Keane is already a big fan of his, which says a lot.
  • Options
    Mourinho has a history of slating players publicly.  He used to do it to Luke Shaw. 
  • Options
    E_cafc said:
    Mourinho has a history of slating players publicly.  He used to do it to Luke Shaw. 
    Who's looked better this season than last....
  • Options
    He had only just returned from a really bad injury when Mourinho started blaming him for everything that was going wrong. 
  • Options
    Im interested to see how Phil Foden does today. Foden starts in the Manchester derby.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    JohnBoyUK said:

You could ask similar questions about many of Spurs other most expensive signings. Sanchez, Lamela, Soldado...
  • Options
    Not Ederson’s finest game...
  • Options
    Was a good win for Man Utd

More signings like Bruno Fernandes in the summer and I reckon we could see a better team even with Ole in charge
  • Options
    This is why u stick with a manager.

All those United fans a couple of months ago screaming for Ole to be sacked have now crawled  back into the woodwork.

United back with touching distance of top 4, in Europa League and FA Cup still.

Playing decent football, Luke Shaw looking decent again and could possibly be ahead of Chilwell come the Euros if he carries this form on the rest of the season