Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alfie Doughty thread

Comments

• Options
    ricky_otto said:"
    I had my Achilles operation at Princess Grace with Mr Bacarese Hamilton 6-7 years ago , knew the anaesthetist so got some photos , superb job and I got recommended Gazza’s old physio and he had magic hands and I made a full recovery .
    Good luck Alfie 
    [Mod Warning: surgery photo below - AW]
    Image of surgery
    A true work of art. 
    Bleddy Hell, I had the theme tune of the six million dollar man in my head when I saw that.....Oscar.......Oscar?
  • Options
    Sandgaard seemed to imply last night that Alfie was out for the rest of the season. 
  • Options
    Sandgaard seemed to imply last night that Alfie was out for the rest of the season. 
    I suppose out until March, a few weeks to get back up to speed and we could find ourselves in mid-April with just a few games left
  • Options
    Feels a bit like another Diego Poyet situation happening, wonder what we do if he's back fit this season, do we freeze him out or get as much game time out of him as possible 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Feels a bit like another Diego Poyet situation happening, wonder what we do if he's back fit this season, do we freeze him out or get as much game time out of him as possible 
    Would say its just a repeat of Joe Aribo

Keep playing him, doubt he'll be involved that much and then say thank you and goodbye
  • Options
    MattF said:

If we need him to help us get back up then it then signing a new contract becomes secondary
  • Options
    Another Scottish club nicking one of our best players by the looks of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As gutting as losing Grant and Aribo in recent times was, we had disastrous owners and there were a ton of question marks about our future of cementing a more permanent place above league 1. With Doughty now, I’d hope he looks at what’s happening behind the scenes and knows the next couple of years could be very exciting for us and want to be a part of it. 
    Easy to say as a fan, but as a professional he will almost certainly see Celtic as an increase in wages and a chance to win trophies and be on his toes.
  • Options
    I took that as read when he left the pitch after the injury.
  • Options
    As gutting as losing Grant and Aribo in recent times was, we had disastrous owners and there were a ton of question marks about our future of cementing a more permanent place above league 1. With Doughty now, I’d hope he looks at what’s happening behind the scenes and knows the next couple of years could be very exciting for us and want to be a part of it. 
    He also has to think about his recovery and as to if he will be passing a medical anytime soon. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Its a shame that the Salary Cap is once again stopping any incentive for lower league teams to produce their own talent

Its baffling why there isnt an exemption to the cap if the player came through your own Academy, regardless of their age
    He's only 20 at the moment (21 in a couple of weeks) so we could offer him anything we like this season

I agree that there seems little incentive for clubs to produce their own players, as eventually they become too "expensive" to keep
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    J BLOCK said:
    Rat - Stop his medical treatment if he's leaving.
    Right so we should stop one of our best players treatment despite the fact he'll still likely play 2/3 months of the season and possibly more if he signs a new contract. Not to mention the fact he's an academy graduate who just got an unlucky injury. I suppose we should have told Bauer and Aribo to do one a few years ago?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Rat - Stop his medical treatment if he's leaving.
    Right so we should stop one of our best players treatment despite the fact he'll still likely play 2/3 months of the season and possibly more if he signs a new contract. Not to mention the fact he's an academy graduate who just got an unlucky injury. I suppose we should have told Bauer and Aribo to do one a few years ago?
    It was a joke .. 
  • Options
    Easy to say as a fan, but as a professional he will almost certainly see Celtic as an increase in wages and a chance to win trophies and be on his toes.
    Yeah, fair point. Guess it depends on Doughty’s short and long term plans as a player. I don’t follow Scottish football, so no idea if Aribo has been a success since his move, if it’s been a great move for him then imagine that’ll be a tick in the pros column for Doughty. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's not a chance in hell Doughty will be playing in our first team by early February and very unlikely by March.
  • Options
    There's not a chance in hell Doughty will be playing in our first team by early February and very unlikely by March.
    If he won’t sign a new contract, would there be any takers in January from other clubs to sign an injured player, if we keep the fee low and base it on future add ons / payments, at least it would free up much needed wages that could be used elsewhere?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    We are going to have to be creative in the transfer window if we’ve got one hand tied behind our back with the salary cap.
  • Options
    If he won’t sign a new contract, would there be any takers in January from other clubs to sign an injured player, if we keep the fee low and base it on future add ons / payments, at least it would free up much needed wages that could be used elsewhere?
    Wouldn't free up any wages in the salary cap sadly
  • Options
    MattF said:
    What are we paying him winegums?

• Options
    Surely the poor lad gets something, even if it’s ONLY a grand a week.
  • Options
    MattF said:

He's not included in the cap as far as I know
  • Options
    We are going to have to be creative in the transfer window if we’ve got one hand tied behind our back with the salary cap.
    Pay a pro-rata salary until the summer which should help with the wage cap, then full salary rate if we go up. 

Would need the player to agree but would provide some leeway 
  • Options
    MattF said:

He's under 21 so not covered by the Cap