Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Where's the biggest concentration of Charlton fans nowadays?

Comments

• edited September 2019
    SE18 has to be up there - spent the first 28 years of my life in Woolwich/Plumstead and it certainly was back then.
  • Was DA5 now UB10
  • i think if you had to mark a point on a map that was the centre of our support these days i'd probably put it in bexleyheath  
  • bobmunro said:
    SE18 has to be up there - spent the first 28 years of my life in Woolwich/Plumstead and it certainly was back then.
    @bobmunro
  • Plenty of us in Maidstone
  • Essex for my sins. 
  • edited September 2019
    Gillingham...

Thanks for your fans Scully!!
  • Plenty of us in Maidstone
    Plenty of Millwall fans there too... ;)
  • Lots in Barnehurst - know many that came originally from Abbey Wood
  • Sponsored links:

• Born and raised in Greenwich/Charlton now SE9.
    In the 60's and 70's people aspired to move out of Charlton now the trend has been reversed with the Addicks being promoted to the Championship.
    Fixed for you.
  • A few months ago it was Wembley for a day.  :)
  • On the trains as many are going into London as out from Charlton station
  • Route 4 Valley express is always full! Ramsgate - Whitstable.
    CT postcode
  • There's at least three of us in Shrewsbury..
  • There's always quite a few of us on the train going back to Lewisham.

Aside from Pico, I do know a guy at work (who I saw yesterday sitting in the row behind me) who's from SE7. So there's at least 2 there
  • Born SE18, worked SE15/28, Now work DA17 Live SE9
  • Was SE9 growing up, and now SE28 - so I actually ended up closer to Charlton.

• Not sure of the veracity of this old map, but I'd wager Bexley being the borough with the greatest concentration.
    Season ticket mailing list would be the best indication of course, skewed against local walk ups.
  • It would be interesting to have a heat map of the support - would expect Sidcup area to be fairly hot.
  • Sponsored links:

• @PragueAddick Bowyer is from Canning Town

DA post codes would be my guess
    Didn't he go to Eltham Green? Could have sworn that. Or is it a whoosh? 
    No he Definitely didn’t go to Eltham Green - I did And he would have been in the year above him. 
    Where the hell did I get that from, then? Not that anyone can probably answer that, but it's something I've been carrying around in my head since he was with us.
    You've spent far too much time with @Riviera in the Long Pond, a man who thinks Charlton is in East London!  ;)

• @LenGlover Kent's a big place, mate. I want towns, postcodes :-)
    Stalker alert!
  • LenGlover said:
    @PragueAddick Bowyer is from Canning Town

No he Definitely didn’t go to Eltham Green - I did And he would have been in the year above him. 
    Where the hell did I get that from, then? Not that anyone can probably answer that, but it's something I've been carrying around in my head since he was with us.
    You've spent far too much time with @Riviera in the Long Pond, a man who thinks Charlton is in East London!  ;)
    Which begs the question where is he nowadays.......not been seen on here for a while?
  • After the play off final we went for a drink in the Spoons at St Pancras, obviously as this is close to Kings Cross there were quite a few Sunderland in there but I was quite surprised how many Charlton were in there all heading out to Kent on the HS1  I'd guess.

• @LenGlover Kent's a big place, mate. I want towns, postcodes :-)
    It was a semi serious response actually. I am Exhibit A. SE18 originally but now classified as ME. I know there are a lot of others who have moved out to Kent so could be CT or TN as well as ME.

Anyway, being flippant again, prior to the expansion of London, Charlton and surrounding areas were Kent so I'm sticking with Kent!
  • edited September 2019
    @PragueAddick Bowyer is from Canning Town

You may be mixing Lee Bowyer with Boy George ?

Boy George is a Queen of the south fan.
  • NU bogs 
  • SE9 
    DA14
    Now TOWIE , spreading the good word of Bowyer 

• I would have said SE9 as well. Eltham seems to be where the majority of the traffic goes after games. Similarly to you, I'm not sure I've ever met a Charlton fan from Charlton. See a lot of Charlton stickers on cars in SE9 too

Hello please to meet you
  • Born in Woolwich, brought up in Blackheath, lived in Maidstone for the past 35 years.