Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where's the biggest concentration of Charlton fans nowadays?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    I appear to be the sole representative from SE10.
  • Options
    @PragueAddick

nothing overly meaningful but I took a snapshot earlier of the first 3,000 visitors to CL today.

Sunday is always the least visited day of a week, but should give a better concentration of people being at home / local area as opposed to skewed by work.

Global breakdown - UK 87.9%, USA 1.7%, Australia 1.1%, Spain 0.7%, Ireland, 0.6%, Canada 0.5%, France 0.4%

UK Breakdown (country)- England 97.3%, Wales 1.2%, Scotland 1%, NI 0.5%

Uk breakdown (city -top 25):

London 47.3%
    (not set) 8.3%
    Dartford 3.1%
    Gravesend 1.8%
    Maidstone 1.7%
    Southend 1.7%
    Croydon 1.2%
    Rochester 1%
    Basildon .8%
    Birmingham .8%
    Leeds .8%
    Brighton .7%
    Tumbridge Wells .7%
    Hove .7%
    Margate .6%
    chatham .6%
    Hastings .6%
    Swanley .6%
    Crawley .5%
    Manchester .5%
    Nottingham .5%
    Sittingbourne .5%
    Southampton .5%
    Herne Bay .5%

sadly google analytics doesn’t breakdown London any further 
    I would have been one of the Dartford 3.1%. But that was because I was at my parents house!

Otherwise I would have been London NW11
  • Options
    So apart from me... Who is in the Rochester 1%?
  • Options
    On the train back up after Wembley, i was surprised there were quite a few Charlton fans getting off  the train at Stockport Station.  So there's at least 10 of us up here
  • Options
    Also SE10
  • Options
    Ashford (TN23) for me, and there are a few of us here, after Wembley I was walking the dog and could hear "Allez Allez Allez" being sung in someone's garden.
  • Options
    Lived in Woolwich for the last few years, rarely see a Charlton shirt. See plenty of Millwall....
  • Options
    Milton Keynes? Must just be me most probably. 
  • Options
    cafc375 said:
    Ashford (TN23) for me, and there are a few of us here, after Wembley I was walking the dog and could hear "Allez Allez Allez" being sung in someone's garden.
    Must be quite a few in the TN postcode area....it's a pretty big area I'm TN35.
  • Options
    Surrey calling CQ, CQ, CQ
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcwill said:
    On the train back up after Wembley, i was surprised there were quite a few Charlton fans getting off  the train at Stockport Station.  So there's at least 10 of us up here
    On my way up now. That'll be 11 for a couple of days then :wink:
  • Options
    What about Belvedere?
    A location for the elite Addick. 
  • Options
    SE18 to SE7 to SE3 to DA2 to DA9 to DA12 

been about a bit 
  • Options
    SE18 to SE9 to BR1 to E14 to SE10 to BR3 to SG14 to IP9 

Also been about a bit :smile:
  • Options
    I was born in SE7...

Had a few years in exile, but now back in SE7.
  • Options
    Don't forget our little mob, Northamptonshire x4.
  • Options
    Halifax for me" 
  • Options
    I’m a 0.6%! There’s a few of us here in County Cork.

Having been born in Lewisham I am forever grateful that Dad chose Charlton to bring the young KB for his first introduction to live football.

Things could have been very different!
  • Options
    We seem to be spread far and wide with northern outposts such as Stockport , Yorkshire and Knebworth 
  • Options
    Strangely, despite my moniker, I'm not in SE7, but Chertsey.
    I'm a near neighbour then.

Prince Regent is my pub of choice if you want to watch the recheduled Preston game.
    Will you have a trowel, hoe or similar with you so he can find you? ;),
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have met a surprisingly decent number in Madrid over the years and a fair few Spanish remember us from the Premier days although many seem to confuse us with Cheltenham!
  • Options
    We seem to be spread far and wide with northern outposts such as Stockport , Yorkshire and Knebworth 

I'm sure this reflects the increased mobility of families over the past 50 years.

For centuries my paternal ancestors were firmly rooted in Thanet, mainly working as Ag Labs, until attracted to SE London to the shipyards where they built lighters and Thames barges.  As that industry dwindled their children became leather workers, and when employment was short they took their skills to Germany, and later to Leeds, to earn enough to live - but still returned "home" to SE London when prospects there improved.  I'm sure a similar pattern was true for many of our families, with blips for the 2 world wars and right through to the second half of the 20th century.

Perhaps fuelled by the massive increase in numbers of young people going into further & higher education in the 1960s onwards, I think lots of people then started to look beyond their immediate neighbourhoods for work, even abroad.  And many of us took with us our love of Charlton.  This may not have been initially apparent in the way that is now revealed by membership stats for this forum. The internet has certainly revolutionised ways of staying in touch while living at a distance!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Deepest Cornwall ..... there's me, WheresMeTicket and Charente Addick from Charlton Life.

And over the border in nearby England, clb74 is desperately wanting to buy a 3 bed semi in Plymouth for £100k.

The good people of Bromley are desperate for @clb74 to buy a 100k property....anywhere.
    Well, if you don't want him in Bromley, then we're hardly likely to want him within spitting distance of Cornwall, now do we?

Anyway, the only chance of him getting anything for £100k, will be in Burnley or Accrington Stanley.
    You can Buy One, Get One Free up there.

Then AFKA can add Accrington Stanley to his ex-pat Addicks list. :smile:

These 3 beds in Cornwall for 100k are getting harder to find tbh oggy
  • Options
    If we're talking "absolute" number of Charlton fans I guess that the London Borough of Greenwich and the Annexed Borough of Kentish Bexley would be at the top of the list.

If, on the other hand, we're talking "concentration" in terms of Addicks per 1000 population then I think the Kingdom of East Anglia must be fairly high up; there are plenty of Addicks in a not-very-populated part of the world, especially here amongst the North Folk. Judging by the cars I see on the Newmarket bypass on match days there seem to be a fair few living over the border with the South Folk.
  • Options
    .JollyRobin said:
    I'm SE10 too.

I live on the Peninsula and find it a bit depressing that most of the kids in my neighbourhood wear the usual Arsenal, Man United, Chelsea and Real Madrid shirts. I do see a few people in Charlton shirts around on match days though.
  • Options
    If we're talking "absolute" number of Charlton fans I guess that the London Borough of Greenwich and the Annexed Borough of Kentish Bexley would be at the top of the list.

If, on the other hand, we're talking "concentration" in terms of Addicks per 1000 population then I think the Kingdom of East Anglia must be fairly high up; there are plenty of Addicks in a not-very-populated part of the world, especially here amongst the North Folk. Judging by the cars I see on the Newmarket bypass on match days there seem to be a fair few living over the border with the South Folk.
    Are you implying that our fathers could be our brothers / sister's our mother's etc etc. an all then?