Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where's the biggest concentration of Charlton fans nowadays?

Comments

• Options
    Plenty here in sunny Plumstead. Both my local pubs have plenty of Charlton in them.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Cheshire
    Yep:-)
  • Options
    Geolocating tweets is an interesting way of locating concentrations.

• Options
    Plenty of us in Maidstone
    Plenty of Millwall fans there too... ;)
    Only know a few true Millwall fans and been in Maidstone all my life. Even back before the prem years there was a very healthy contingent of Charlton who actively attended games. It peaked during the prem years with coach loads for most games, but even now my group alone can muster 20 on a good away day.
  • Options
    @MrWalker

Thanks for those maps, i had seen the first one before and was trying to find it. It bothered me because of the apparent large number of Hammers south of the river in Dartford and beyond, it wa an issu for the Olympic Stadium and all the upgraded transit links to help them get there at taxpayers expense. 

But as far as I recall the authors didn't claim it to be backed by concrete data, more conversations with supporter groups.

For sure when he worked for the club, Airman carefully harvested the data from season ticket data at least, which is why I hope he will be along to share his thoughts.
  • Options
    What I found quite telling was one of the Valley Gold draws might have been the Stoke game where we had more winners than usual with extra special prizes on offer, pretty sure it listed the names and locations of the winners on the big screen.

I believe of the 10 Valley Gold special prize winners 9 of them had Kent as there location, quite telling if 90% of our support are from Kent (including Welling, Bexleyheath etc)
  • Options
    Plenty of us in Maidstone
    Plenty of Millwall fans there too... ;)
    Dont think I've ever seen a millwall shirt there though
  • Options
    Switching the question slightly.

What is the largest number of Addicks living  under one roof?

Correct answer for Millwall would be Belmarsh, obviously.

Including grandkids who are Charlton  I have at times had 7 living in my house. 
    4 at present. 
  • Options
    I usually concentrate pretty hard on Thursdays.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Eltham born and bred. Now Bexley via New Eltham and Swanley
  • Options
    Leeds 😂😂😂
  • Options
    Randomly, there's a few of us knocking about in SW17. Saw a dad at the tube station the other day with kids wearing Charlton rucksacks. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Grandparents lived in SE7, conceived in SE7 on New Year's Day - parents were celebrating a 2-1 win at Bolton (that's my story anyway), raised in Charlton, lived in Charlton for 20-odd years, now in TN just inside Kent.
  • Options
    Switching the question slightly.

What is the largest number of Addicks living  under one roof?

Correct answer for Millwall would be Belmarsh, obviously.

Flakey 6 in our house 
    wife and motor racing geek fan son will come to 2-3 games a season and Charlton considered their team .

• Options
    Essex for my sins. 
    Me too...

SE9 - now CM15
  • Options
    Essex for my sins. 
    Me too...

SE9 - now CM15
    Surrounded by West Ham fans...

...only saving grace is just how much they hate Millwall!! :-)
  • Options
    Essex for my sins. 
    Me too...

SE9 - now CM15
    Surrounded by West Ham fans...

...only saving grace is just how much they hate Millwall!! :-)
    Loads of Brighton down here....they hate Palace so all good.
  • Options
    Worcestershire WR11 
    Where abouts in Worcestershire are you @EveshamAddick ?

Me and Mrs are thinking on living on widebeam narrowboat up around there
  • Options
    Limited millwall (one I’ve seen in Epping in 13 years ) over here.
    downside loads of West Ham and spurs 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At a guess, Woolwich, Plumstead, Bexley, Bexleyheath, Sidcup, Dartford, Kent based locations.  Always felt a bit outside of our core area of support being born and bred Brockley.  Closer to Millwall.  Always felt places like Bromley have a lot of Millwall fans 
  • Options
    SE12 to SE9 to BR1
  • Options
    I've been told there are thousands in SE6 :smile:
  • Options
    Born British Hospital for Mothers and Babies '77

Lived on Woolwich Road at 648, just along from Barry's Newsagents (think he ended up a PO in Belmarsh) from a few days old till I was about 14

Mottingham (strange place, but nice), 

Gravesend,

Europe (another strange place....)
  • Options
    Live in Charlton, plenty of Addicks in SE7 itself. 
  • Options
    Strangely, despite my moniker, I'm not in SE7, but Chertsey.
  • Options
    Born SE3 played school footie in Charlton park ,lived in and travelled to the Valley from Sussex for the last 40 years
  • Options
    Deepest Cornwall ..... there's me, WheresMeTicket and Charente Addick from Charlton Life.

And over the border in nearby England, clb74 is desperately wanting to buy a 3 bed semi in Plymouth for £100k.

• Options
    MrWalker said:

Not sure of the veracity of this old map, but I'd wager Bexley being the borough with the greatest concentration.
    Season ticket mailing list would be the best indication of course, skewed against local walk ups.
    It's an interesting map, but it's definitely nonsense. I remember reading the methodology behind it and it is basically guesswork.