Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where's the biggest concentration of Charlton fans nowadays?

Comments

• Options
    3000?!
  • Options
    Strangely, despite my moniker, I'm not in SE7, but Chertsey.
    I'm a near neighbour then.

• Options

Prince Regent is my pub of choice if you want to watch the recheduled Preston game.
  • Options
    What about Belvedere?
  • Options
    It's not about quantity, it's about quality.

Greetings from Wokingham, Berkshire. I believe there's a few of us in these parts.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Yes, I'm now living north of Reading, Berkshire. 
    (Born in Charlton, raised in Orpington, have lived in Durham & Derbyshire, & planning to retire to Cheshire!)
  • Options
    @PragueAddick

nothing overly meaningful but I took a snapshot earlier of the first 3,000 visitors to CL today.

Sunday is always the least visited day of a week, but should give a better concentration of people being at home / local area as opposed to skewed by work.

Global breakdown - UK 87.9%, USA 1.7%, Australia 1.1%, Spain 0.7%, Ireland, 0.6%, Canada 0.5%, France 0.4%

UK Breakdown (country)- England 97.3%, Wales 1.2%, Scotland 1%, NI 0.5%

Uk breakdown (city -top 25):

London 47.3%
    (not set) 8.3%
    Dartford 3.1%
    Gravesend 1.8%
    Maidstone 1.7%
    Southend 1.7%
    Croydon 1.2%
    Rochester 1%
    Basildon .8%
    Birmingham .8%
    Leeds .8%
    Brighton .7%
    Tumbridge Wells .7%
    Hove .7%
    Margate .6%
    chatham .6%
    Hastings .6%
    Swanley .6%
    Crawley .5%
    Manchester .5%
    Nottingham .5%
    Sittingbourne .5%
    Southampton .5%
    Herne Bay .5%

sadly google analytics doesn’t breakdown London any further 
    Squarespace breaks London down mate (Lime House - Brent - Greenwich etc.) , that's how I've got a good idea whose been stalking my Mrs website since sharing it on here.....

• Options
    Something like 60% of fans live inside the M25, about two thirds of those in Greenwich and Bexley. 

Bear in mind that the population is much denser (cue jokes) in London, and while Kent is large geographically it’s relatively sparsely occupied (Bexley is not in Kent and hasn’t been for 50 years; neither is Kent properly part of its postal address).

Bexley has always been Kent as far as I was aware
  • Options
    SE13 here
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After the play off final we went for a drink in the Spoons at St Pancras, obviously as this is close to Kings Cross there were quite a few Sunderland in there but I was quite surprised how many Charlton were in there all heading out to Kent on the HS1  I'd guess.
    "Quite surprised", ffs we should have had hundreds.
  • Options
    @PragueAddick

nothing overly meaningful but I took a snapshot earlier of the first 3,000 visitors to CL today.

Sunday is always the least visited day of a week, but should give a better concentration of people being at home / local area as opposed to skewed by work.

Global breakdown - UK 87.9%, USA 1.7%, Australia 1.1%, Spain 0.7%, Ireland, 0.6%, Canada 0.5%, France 0.4%

London 47.3%
    (not set) 8.3%
    Dartford 3.1%
    Gravesend 1.8%
    Maidstone 1.7%
    Southend 1.7%
    Croydon 1.2%
    Rochester 1%
    Basildon .8%
    Birmingham .8%
    Leeds .8%
    Brighton .7%
    Tumbridge Wells .7%
    Hove .7%
    Margate .6%
    chatham .6%
    Hastings .6%
    Swanley .6%
    Crawley .5%
    Manchester .5%
    Nottingham .5%
    Sittingbourne .5%
    Southampton .5%
    Herne Bay .5%

What are the house prices like in (not set) as sounds like it might be a fun place to retire to?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Deepest Cornwall ..... there's me, WheresMeTicket and Charente Addick from Charlton Life.

And over the border in nearby England, clb74 is desperately wanting to buy a 3 bed semi in Plymouth for £100k.

The good people of Bromley are desperate for @clb74 to buy a 100k property....anywhere.
  • Options
    @PragueAddick

London 47.3%
    (not set) 8.3%
    Dartford 3.1%
    Gravesend 1.8%
    Maidstone 1.7%
    Southend 1.7%
    Croydon 1.2%
    Rochester 1%
    Basildon .8%
    Birmingham .8%
    Leeds .8%
    Brighton .7%
    Tumbridge Wells .7%
    Hove .7%
    Margate .6%
    chatham .6%
    Hastings .6%
    Swanley .6%
    Crawley .5%
    Manchester .5%
    Nottingham .5%
    Sittingbourne .5%
    Southampton .5%
    Herne Bay .5%

So what was the 47.3 breakdown?
  • Options
    Amazed Sevenoaks is not listed?
  • Options
    E14 to SE3, abandoned West Ham and turned Addick - much to the ire of my Nan. 
    SE3 to BR3, BR3 to RH10, RH10 to BN6, BN6 to WC1N, WC1N to HD8. 
    Looking forward to work tomorrow when I can gloat at a good number of Leeds fans. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Met family / friends at Waterloo 12.00 for Wembley. Staggered at the amount of Charlton joining the train at virtually every stop from Sunbury onwards, quite a few Sunderland too, but, vastly outnumbered.

Think my eldest found the tale amusing - he said platforms were rammed, every stop after he jumped on, Bexleyheath, to meet us.
  • Options
    So far I'm the only Charlton in town. BB2. But Dean Keilys agent once got in me local. Born se9. Well Hall, was season ticket holder in 3rd division. Have also lived in Romford, Mottingham and now Blackburn. Charlton till I die. Nuff said.
  • Options
    My part of Tropical Dorset and my kids in Worcester & Reading (once of Welling)
  • Options
    Between Basingstoke and Newbury... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Funnily enough absolutely no other Charlton in Barnet.
  • Options
    Born British Hospital for Mothers and Babies '77

Lived on Woolwich Road at 648, just along from Barry's Newsagents (think he ended up a PO in Belmarsh) from a few days old till I was about 14

Mottingham (strange place, but nice), 

Gravesend,

Europe (another strange place....)
    Way before your time, but my grandfather grew up living in 622 in the 20’s
  • Options

Prince Regent is my pub of choice if you want to watch the recheduled Preston game.
    I’ll bear that in mind. Looks like we are moving 1 November (even though we are still searching for a new property) in order to lock in our house sale, which will make it easier as cash buyers when we do find something. So might need an excuse to get out of unpacking that day.

Plan is to eventually move to somewhere in the Cotswolds, which will make getting to home games a bit of a trek! Near term we will probably rent somewhere around here whilst my wife is still commuting in to London.
  • Options
    Not many of us here in Newcastle but I work with a Geordie Leeds fan so looking forward to tomorrow
  • Options
    In nottingham at uni now, but from SE12
  • Options
    Born Bromley, raised in Orpington but moved back to Bromley some 40+ years' ago.
  • Options
    Greetings from one of AB's clump in East Sussex ! 

DA1 born & bred and in residence from 1948 - October 2015.

Now a mile or 2 over the border from my home county in TN5.
  • Options
    RH11 Obvs
    RH12 Obvs
  • Options
    Hi peeps, born Barnehurst, been a 'clumper' for 25 years!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Deepest Cornwall ..... there's me, WheresMeTicket and Charente Addick from Charlton Life.

And over the border in nearby England, clb74 is desperately wanting to buy a 3 bed semi in Plymouth for £100k.

The good people of Bromley are desperate for @clb74 to buy a 100k property....anywhere.
    Well, if you don't want him in Bromley, then we're hardly likely to want him within spitting distance of Cornwall, now do we?

Anyway, the only chance of him getting anything for £100k, will be in Burnley or Accrington Stanley.
    You can Buy One, Get One Free up there.

Then AFKA can add Accrington Stanley to his ex-pat Addicks list. :smile: