Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Czech Republic / Bulgaria

Comments

• Options
    We are so much better without Declan “The Crab” Rice . So overrated 
    Rice will have his games where he's useful, it's just he's not very helpful to have on the pitch alongside Henderson when we're supposed to be taking the game to the opposition. Winks did exactly what we needed him to, which was take the ball on the half turn, keep possession and probe the space against a weaker team, and we needed that against Czech Republic too. Rice will come into his own in the tougher games where we have less possession and we need a holding midfielder snapping at the heels of their playmakers and breaking up the play
  • Options
    Wonder how many players have already secured places (in Southgate's mind) for Euro 2020

Pickford | Maguire | Kane | Sterling | Henderson the only ones you can really hand on heart say will 100% be there injuries permitted?
    Pickford
    GK
    GK

Trippier
    TAA
    Maguire
    Stones
    Centre back 
    Centre back 
    Chilwell
    Left back 

Henderson
    Winks
    Barkley
    Midfielder
    Midfielder
    Midfielder

Sterling
    Sancho

Kane
    Rashford
    Abraham
    Striker

I think there are 9 places up for grabs:

Striker
    3 Midfielders
    2 centre backs
    1 left back
    2 sub keepers 

• Options
    The Bulgarian Coach really is a twat. Didn't hear anything apparently and England fans also to blame. And it's never happened before.
  • Options

Gareth Southgate post-match press conference briefly interrupted by Bulgarian journalist who’s convinced racism at the game was not as bad as we witnessed. Bulgarian cameraman next to me tells Southgate to fuck off at the end
  • Options
    If you are getting rubish like that from Journalists and Cameramen who are supposed to be professional, what can u expect from fans who dont care
  • Options

The president of the Bulgarian Football Union Borislav Mihaylov was so offended by talk of potential racist abuse in Sofia that he wrote to UEFA to complain about Gareth Southgate.  Wonder what he’ll say now?? 🤔
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Thogden's YouTube vblog is worth a watch. Gives perspectives from the match and pre and post match clips
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    His old man looks like an older version of Lee Bowyer 
  • Options
    edited October 2019

Gareth Southgate post-match press conference briefly interrupted by Bulgarian journalist who’s convinced racism at the game was not as bad as we witnessed. Bulgarian cameraman next to me tells Southgate to fuck off at the end
    The country as a whole has a major problem. That’s why we call them tinpot and backwards - what chance of ever stopping it. You have people giving Nazi salutes, and the people witj the influence to try and get a message across are just as bad as the perpetrators!
  • Options
    Interesting but I find the growing number of “vloggers” irritating no more so than the twat in the van 
    The Bolton dude did appear to dramatise things with the Englands fans being held in after.
    Fortunately he never experienced the 80's.
  • Options
    The vlogger and tv commentator both indicating  boooooing of Sterling is racist , am I missing  something here 
    surely boooooing a black player isn’t racist or was it scumbags making monkey chants ? 

nazi salutes etc proves these are scummy thick individuals 

• Options
    If I ended up next to young Thogden at a game he would do my head in. 
  • Options
    The vlogger and tv commentator both indicating  boooooing of Sterling is racist , am I missing  something here 
    surely boooooing a black player isn’t racist or was it scumbags making monkey chants ? 

There were definitely monkey noises being made by their fans

ITV played the sounds picked up by the pitchside microphones after the match and they could easily be heard whenever the likes of Sterling had the ball
  • Options
    What will Fifa/Uefa actually do? If the racism is still so ingrained in a lot of countries it will be difficult to police.

This has been going on for so long.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The first step for Bulgaria would be to acknowledge the problem.
  • Options
    Amazes me to read that Bulgaria are part of a four country bid to host the 2028 Euros and 2030 World Cup along with Romania | Greece | Serbia - Would say that the latter three might want to ditch Bulgaria from their bid if they want to stand a chance of getting the competition but knowing UEFA / FIFA they'll probably be awarded it now!!
  • Options

There were definitely monkey noises being made by their fans

ITV played the sounds picked up by the pitchside microphones after the match and they could easily be heard whenever the likes of Sterling had the ball
    There is even video footage of some fans clearly making monkey noises
  • Options

Shocking scenes last night, but performances on the pitch were excellent.

Sterling and Barkley were both excellent, shame both of them came off when they were on a hat-trick.

• Options
    Maybe the decent Bulgarian fans should have just started booing every England player when they were on the ball? Then the racists would have been drowned out. 

They should be banned from the qualifying tournament next time, and UEFA should petition FIFA to do the same for the World Cup. 

As for the Euros/World Cup bid - I can't help thinking that Greece and Romania might want to think twice about having Serbia in there too?  
  • Options
    Amazes me to read that Bulgaria are part of a four country bid to host the 2028 Euros and 2030 World Cup along with Romania | Greece | Serbia - Would say that the latter three might want to ditch Bulgaria from their bid if they want to stand a chance of getting the competition but knowing UEFA / FIFA they'll probably be awarded it now!!
    have a feeling they'll get one of them. probably the Euros. 
  • Options
    This is where you hit home - any country with a recent transgression loses or fails to get a tournament. 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Just for a bit of balance, two of my best friends are my upstairs neighbours, both Bulgarian and they are absolutely disgusted by this and furious about what these idiots did. 
    Well you would say that if you were in a country that widely despises racism. Not wholly but widely. 
  • Options
    This is where you hit home - any country with a recent transgression loses or fails to get a tournament. 
    if thats the case we will probably have to play games in Antarctica. unless those pesky penguins have broken any laws?