Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Czech Republic / Bulgaria

Comments

• Options
    Mings has earnt his spot.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    You lot know how much I've banged on about Winks for the last 2 years.

No need for me to say anything else tonight, glad he's made a lot of people open their eyes tonight as to what a bloody good footballer he is.  So pleased for him.
    Reminded me of an English Josh Cullen 😝
  • Options
    Disappointed that Southgate shook their managers hand after, should've told him to fuck off.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Mings has earnt his spot.
    Would like to see him put under more of an attacking threat against better opposition before making judgement

No dig at you as know your thoughts about Southgate but would say it was a good decision to give him a call up
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

No need for me to say anything else tonight, glad he's made a lot of people open their eyes tonight as to what a bloody good footballer he is.  So pleased for him.
    Thanks Mr Winks.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Well done Barkley - should have been playing on Friday. I think Southgate has realised that his policy of playing on form has to sometimes be countered with experience. It was a bit too easy and the racist element was frustrating but it was a more than decent response. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done Barkley - should have been playing on Friday. I think Southgate has realised that his policy of playing on form has to sometimes be countered with experience. It was a bit too easy and the racist element was frustrating but it was a more than decent response. 
    Barkley and Rashford (still needs more goals to his name) do seem to playing a lot better in the England system than for their clubs
  • Options
    We are so much better without Declan “The Crab” Rice . So overrated 
    Aside from the fact he should be playing for Ireland
  • Options
    Rice's problem at the moment is the fact that Henderson is only 29 and is the better player

Its a bit like the Gerrard v Lampard debate, okay neither are on that level but you cant play both of them
  • Options
    Barkley and Rashford (still needs more goals to his name) do seem to playing a lot better in the England system than for their clubs
    Rashford brings more goals into his game, he becomes World class. If you gave me a choice of Barkley or Mount, I'd take Barkley all day long. I know that is controversial and Barkley has been under achieving, but I think he has the physicality as well as ability that elevates a National team.
  • Options
    Rashford brings more goals into his game, he becomes World class. If you gave me a choice of Barkley or Mount, I'd take Barkley all day long. I know that is controversial and Barkley has been under achieving, but I think he has the physicality as well as ability that elevates a National team.
    At the moment I'd go so far as to say Tammy Abraham has the greater potential compared to Rashford because of the goals the two bring

Mount in time could become World Class but is still very raw - Let him learn in the Premier League with cameo appearances for England like tonight

Friday against the Czechs proved he's not yet ready for the International Stage from the off
  • Options
    That was about more than football tonight and I couldn’t be prouder of the team. Played them off the park in extremely tough conditions. 
  • Options
    To more pleasant matters:

I'm sure I saw an English flag with Berwick Rangers on it.

I know Berwick is in England but from what I gather as a casual follower of the Club the fans identify with Scotland more than England.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At the moment I'd go so far as to say Tammy Abraham has the greater potential compared to Rashford because of the goals the two bring

Mount in time could become World Class but is still very raw - Let him learn in the Premier League with cameo appearances for England like tonight

Friday against the Czechs proved he's not yet ready for the International Stage from the off
    It was an error by Southgate playing Mount and Rice and he has basically admitted it indirectly. It is probably a good thing as we will qulaify easily and lessons are valuable. That isn't to say they won't become great players, but it wasn't the game for two of them, maybe you could have got away with one.
  • Options
    Greg Clarke was weak there when asked about if punishments were tough enough
    He was embarrassing. More concerned with highlighting that we have problems also than criticising his gravy train. 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Winks is a good player but is he reliable enough. Can’t build around a player whose always injured. Miles ahead of Declan Rice in the pecking order.
  • Options
    Wonder how many players have already secured places (in Southgate's mind) for Euro 2020

Pickford | Maguire | Kane | Sterling | Henderson the only ones you can really hand on heart say will 100% be there injuries permitted?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    To more pleasant matters:

I'm sure I saw an English flag with Berwick Rangers on it.

I know Berwick is in England but from what I gather as a casual follower of the Club the fans identify with Scotland more than England.
    Probably a football fan...not sure they have that game up there 
  • Options
    Rice's problem at the moment is the fact that Henderson is only 29 and is the better player

Its a bit like the Gerrard v Lampard debate, okay neither are on that level but you cant play both of them
    Stick Cullen in.

Solved!
  • Options
    Greg Clarke was weak there when asked about if punishments were tough enough
    What else do you expect from the FA?
  • Options
    I would be slightly wary of over praising the players who came in tonight and over criticising the ones left out after playing on Friday as the Czechs were massively better. Mings will have had much harder games when he was playing for Ipswich!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    True, the Czechs pressed us whereas the Bulgarians didn't but we were rubbish on Friday and we were very good tonight.

If I had to make a criticism, I think a few players just passed for the sake of it, rather than look for the incisive option. I think we missed out on a few of those and it wasn't every player.