Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst Ever First XI In Charlton Colours

Comments

• Options
    Surely Thuram in goal. Cant think of a worse keeper we had?
    Picking a worst XI is difficult after the network years, there was so much crap. But, Thuram stands alone for the keepers position. 
  • Options
    Gray and Abbott were nowhere near as bad as Makienok. He was TRULY shite 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Good shout on Mehmet. What about Reuben Agboola? 
  • Options
    Thuram a cert in goal. Certainly worst keeper I have ever seen.  Plenty of crap to choose from down the years. You never forget the players from your first few seasons when football is still new to you. Two unbelievably poor defenders from early 80s were Steve Dowman and Nigel Gray. Dowman scored a corking 30 yard own goal I think against Sheff Weds. Gray had two left feet.
  • Options
    Amdy Faye once had a good game, when he went into defence against Bolton. The reason I remember that was because the rest of the time he was crap. El Khalej was the worst I've ever seen
  • Options
    Ralph Milne waddled out with a beer gut only seen on a poor Sunday league team in the lower Woolwich and District League. 
    I lived in Aberdeen from 1982-86 when Aberdeen were breaking the Celtic / Rangers stranglehold on Scottish football and remember Milne was a good player in a pretty decent Dundee United team alongside Paul Sturrock. I thought he would be a decent player for us when he first came down South but I guess Dundee knew they were offloading a guy with personal issues. His subsequent problems after leaving Man Utd are well documented and he died at a pretty young age.
  • Options

Only exceptions in that starting line up are Jenkinson, Semedo, Waggy and BWP
  • Options

Only exceptions in that starting line up are Jenkinson, Semedo, Waggy and BWP
    Dailly
  • Options
    Izale McClown was one of the worst footballers I can remember seeing especially as he cost a lot of money. Seabourne v Ipswich was the worst and most comical individual performance. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Oh god, Makienok for Andy Gray in the above team.
    I don't know if I'm the only CharltonLifer on here but I actually didn't mind Makienok
    You are not alone. 
    No way is he in our worse ever 11
  • Options
    Obviously not the worst keeper ever, but Tony Caig was pretty poor considering we were in the PL at the time!
    He played 45 minutes and didn’t concede a goal 
  • Options
    Worner
    Cranie
    Williams
    Fry
    Seabourne
    Eggert
    McCormack
    Razak
    Kerkar
    Kandol
    Dickson

Honourable mentions to Bergdich, McAleny and Kaikai who were all outrageously shit for us every time they played
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Worner
    Cranie
    Williams
    Fry
    Seabourne
    Eggert
    McCormack
    Razak
    Kerkar
    Kandol
    Dickson

Honourable mentions to Bergdich, McAleny and Kaikai who were all outrageously shit for us every time they play
  • Options
    Forgot Frimpong!
  • Options
    Manager: Dowie

GK: Thurum 

LB Seabourne 
    CB El Khalej 
    CB Llera
    RB Cranie 

CM Walton
    CM Muston
    CM Faye

CF Jimmy Floyd 
    CF Fleetwood 
    CF Izale Mc

That team wouldn't even compete in League 2 these days.
  • Options

LB Seabourne 
    CB El Khalej 
    CB Llera
    RB Cranie 

CM Walton
    CM Muston
    CM Faye

CF Jimmy Floyd 
    CF Fleetwood 
    CF Izale Mc

*Mustoe 
  • Options
    No mentions for Omar “Scored a goal for Uruguay against England once” Pouso?
  • Options

LB Seabourne 
    CB El Khalej 
    CB Llera
    RB Cranie 

CM Walton
    CM Muston
    CM Faye

CF Jimmy Floyd 
    CF Fleetwood 
    CF Izale Mc

*Mustoe 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Akpo 
  • Options
    “Hapless” Hugh McCauley.
  • Options
    Ross said:
    No mentions for Omar “Scored a goal for Uruguay against England once” Pouso?
    Didn’t see him for long enough to work out where he was shite or not.  Although I concede his 45 mins against Pompey was pretty bad. Hadn’t he just scored a worldy for Uruguay against England before we signed him?
  • Options
    “Hapless” Hugh McCauley.
    No way 
  • Options
    Eamon Dunphy
  • Options
    Sam Sodje might not have been the worst player for us BUT after that match fixing incident when playing for Pompey, for me his whole career with us is tarnished
  • Options
    Thuram
    Paul Bacon
    Tom Hovi
    El Khalej
    Rhys Williams
    Milne
    Lepoint
    Faye
    Mark Tivey (he only played 1 game, but I played against him a few times as a kid (he lived 3 doors away from me) he couldn’t even beat lumps of dog shit down the playing fields)
    Abbott
    Small

I’m sure that there are many more that I’ve forgotten (probably for the best).

Abbott. Forgot about that donkey
  • Options

Had forgotten about Nathan Eccleston. Looking at Wiki he's had 12 clubs and made the most appearances for us. 
  • Options
    Simon Walton and Neal Redfern