Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst Ever First XI In Charlton Colours

Comments

• Options
    Obviously not the worst keeper ever, but Tony Caig was pretty poor considering we were in the PL at the time!
    Bit harsh. Only played one game for us. Let in a penalty, kept a clean sheet for the rest of the game iirc.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Obviously not the worst keeper ever, but Tony Caig was pretty poor considering we were in the PL at the time!
    Bit harsh. Only played one game for us. Let in a penalty, kept a clean sheet for the rest of the game iirc.
    Only thing I remember is that save that bounced up off his chest. 
  • Options
    Surely the ultimate insult for any pre-2014 ex-Charlton player is if you still make it into this worst 11 ahead of any of Roland's recruits (pre-Bowyer).
  • Options

Johnny Ostergaard

• Options
    One player I remember always feeling was utter dross was Simon Francis, was glad when we sold him onto League One mid-tablers Bournemouth...then he went on to over 100 PL appearances...

Nouble was woeful, Simon Church likewise, and whatever happened to Polish Pete?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Amdy Faye is without doubt the worst player ever in my lifetime to play for Charlton. 
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Surely the ultimate insult for any pre-2014 ex-Charlton player is if you still make it into this worst 11 ahead of any of Roland's recruits (pre-Bowyer).
    Step forward Tahar El-Khalej.
  • Options
    Amdy Faye is without doubt the worst player ever in my lifetime to play for Charlton. 
    Dreadful but not worse than Cranie or lepoint
  • Options
    El Khalej was shockingly bad
  • Options

How about this team?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McLeod and Omozusi are the only ones in that list who should be anywhere near this conversation.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    But at the time it seemed really weird for a PL side to sign a journeyman 4th tier goalkeeper. He didn't inspire much confidence either
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    McLeod and Omozusi are the only ones in that list who should be anywhere near this conversation.
    Yeah but do you know what match that one is from?
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Dreadful but not worse than Cranie or lepoint
    I disagree . I watched him in one game purposely go to parts of the pitch where the ball wasn’t . That’s unforgivable for a midfielder. He was so bad it looked like he was trying to throw the games . I’m not sure if I dreamt this but I think at one point he was arrested on corruption charges while at another club . He should have been arrested for impersonating a footballer !  
  • Options
    Spongefoot and Makeniok shoe ins upfront. Redfern given what he cost.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Is it the nightmare at Northwich Victoria @ForeverAddickted ?
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    MrLargo said:
    Fraid so...
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    MrLargo said:
    Fraid so...
    Hmmm. Well that performance sits alongside the home League Cup quarter final defeat against Wycombe, when we were in the Premier League and they were in League 2, as the most pathetic showing I've ever seen from a Charlton side. 

So maybe a few of them do deserve a place in our worst ever eleven.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    MrLargo said:
    MrLargo said:
    Fraid so...
    Hmmm. Well that performance sits alongside the home League Cup quarter final defeat against Wycombe, when we were in the Premier League and they were in League 2, as the most pathetic showing I've ever seen from a Charlton side. 

So maybe a few of them do deserve a place in our worst ever eleven.
    Didnt help us having this bloke on the bench for that FA Cup game

• Options
    McBobbin said:
    Amdy Faye once had a good game, when he went into defence against Bolton. The reason I remember that was because the rest of the time he was crap. El Khalej was the worst I've ever seen

spot on with amdy faye! im sure it was agaisnt bolton.

apart from that jimmy floyd hasssel was poor! i never rated barness although was young at the time so could be basing that off 1 game 

who rememebrs yassin moutakil? what happened to him?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Church and Sordell have to be the worst strike partnership I've ever seen.

I usually have a soft spot for any player that gives 100%, but Church was just far too fucking shite. Sordell even worse... Still an absolute myth how he ended up getting a transfer to the Premier league the season after. Truly bizzare.
  • Options
    Church and Sordell have to be the worst strike partnership I've ever seen.

I usually have a soft spot for any player that gives 100%, but Church was just far too fucking shite. Sordell even worse... Still an absolute myth how he ended up getting a transfer to the Premier league the season after. Truly bizzare.
    To be fair Sordell has come out and said he was suffering from depression and other mental health issues while with us . Church on the other hand , while popular with the other players , was absolute pony . 
  • Options

How about this team?
    I cannot remember a Binks. Presumably a keeper. Tell me more.
  • Options

How about this team?
    I cannot remember a Binks. Presumably a keeper. Tell me more.
    Jack Binks, who never made a first team appearance if I remember correctly. 

We should probably have a Cameo/Ghost XI, too.

Luke Daniels, Omar Pouso, Cory Gibbs, Karim Bagheri, names like that... 
  • Options
    Callumcafc said: Nouble, lol, worst Charlton player I ever saw

Nouble was shocking.
  • Options
    That's a big claim, I can think of plenty worse.
  • Options
    Nouble, Jerome Thomas? (Left wing) Scott Sinclair? (Right wing)
  • Options
    drewman said:
    That's a big claim, I can think of plenty worse.
    No it’s absolute fact . The main word being “MY” . 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Thuram
    Omozuzi, El Khalej, Williams, Seabourne 
    Kaikai, Lepoint, Kerkar
    Nouble, Church, McCammon

Beat that (with a Sunday league team).