Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Love the idea that Peterborough is 'up north'.

Best check that I’m not actually in Scotland........
  • Player linked last night was Scott Fraser at Burton Albion -  Midfielder def Championship quality and with 6 months left on Contract - been getting good reviews all season - Thoughts from anyone ? 
    Not sure about this, the only other Fraser I know keeps saying 'we're doomed'.
  • Good to see the Chairman out there amongst the thick of the transfer window .
    Face time or Skype unavailable to use to converse with Tahnoon .
    I’d much prefer he was amongst it back here pushing some signings over the line ! 
    I’d much prefer he was amongst it back here pushing some signings over the line ! 
    We have a director of football in Gallen that can do it all.
  • Jamie19 said:
    Good to see the Chairman out there amongst the thick of the transfer window .
    Yeah but Southall in charge of purse strings via Tahnoon or is Gallen negotiating Bowners contract as well
  • Fancy Bowyer new contract will be announced today.
  • bobmunro said:
    Love the idea that Peterborough is 'up north'.

Yes - and I believe Cheshire is now officially in the Arctic Circle.
    Your wrong Bob ?
    Cheshire is in the artic circle from 2070 and Brighton will be in the sweltering dust bowl.
    That's what I call a North South divide.

• Don’t know why Nixon gets given so much clout, lost count of the amount of things he’s tweeted which turn out to be false 
    Because it’s negative. If it was positive it would be “he’s from The Sun, I’m taking it with a pinch of salt”.
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:
    Redrobo said:
    One thing that could be holding up transfers is the uncertainty over Bowyer. 
    Get Bowyer signed up asap and let players know where they stand. 
    The fat lady is just straightening her dress and will be on stage in just one moment...fear not.

Image result for fat singers meme
    Get  her through the door. She’d do a job for us at the back. 
    How wide is she?
    North of Watford is beyond the wall 
  • Jints said:
    bobmunro said:
    Redrobo said:
    One thing that could be holding up transfers is the uncertainty over Bowyer. 
    Get Bowyer signed up asap and let players know where they stand. 
    The fat lady is just straightening her dress and will be on stage in just one moment...fear not.

Image result for fat singers meme
    Get  her through the door. She’d do a job for us at the back. 
    How wide is she?
    Too wide for the door unfortunately.
  • Fancy Bowyer new contract will be announced today.
    Either today or at latest the Thursday press day, because that's the first question the Journalists will ask, and it will get messy if not a done deal.
  • Dazzler21 said:
     Well I'm in Horsham, so even London is up North for me.

Brighton remains south mind you. But lets not tell Dale Stephens that.
    I hope you're a regular in Piries Bar Daz! Lovely little establishment!
  • I'll be surprised if we get Maddison.  Peterborough invest in high wages to their talent that proves themselves.  Maddison's wages and fee have put off everyone for quite a few seasons now.  Unless the deal was done quickly, I'd guess some clubs are whispering/willing to meet his no doubt high wage demands.  Plus as hinted he'd rather be close to home up Durham.  Would like to be proved wrong.
    Maybe seeing the boss in order to get the deals over the line.
  • SexyDave said:
    Also heard it was Gallagher that wanted to leave as he wants to be chasing play offs/promotion
    I heard the opposite
    That he wanted to chase relegation?
    Maddison is from Durham, so he'd probably prefer to move in that direction than this. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:
    Maddison is from Durham, so he'd probably prefer to move in that direction than this. 
    It takes all kinds.
  • Jamie19 said:
    Good to see the Chairman out there amongst the thick of the transfer window .
    Yeah but Southall in charge of purse strings via Tahnoon or is Gallen negotiating Bowners contract as well
    Oh he could be there to clinch a new sponsorship deal which will increase our transfer and wage budget?.........nah
  • supaclive said:
    Again.  They haven't bought the club for £40m to watch it get relegated.

They'll buy the best from lower leagues, of the right age, with the right potential (sell on value) and won't scrimp on wages but won't overpay.

It's a business to them.  They won't be held to ransom.

We have offered MORE MONEY than any other club on a transfer fee, so we're not going to lose a player unless somebody matches it and offers silly wages.

buying players from the lower leagues to help us avoid relegation I am sure is not the right road to go down.
  • Bubble said:
    WSS said:
    Pulled out of Maddison deal
    Fake account on Twitter
    Some people are so very odd 

Southall built a rod for his own back by his twitter posts to begin with.

In the good old days you did not know who the Chairman was.
  • Bubble said:
    WSS said:
    Fake account on Twitter

Or care
  • supaclive said:

They'll buy the best from lower leagues, of the right age, with the right potential (sell on value) and won't scrimp on wages but won't overpay.

We have offered MORE MONEY than any other club on a transfer fee, so we're not going to lose a player unless somebody matches it and offers silly wages.

buying players from the lower leagues to help us avoid relegation I am sure is not the right road to go down.
    But at least those players have ambition and not over paid older players whos careers are over the hill. - we shouldn't be buying players that want one last payday - look at the relative unknowns we recruited during the summer - Lockyer , Gallagher , Bonne, Matthews - all have done well and have a good few years ahead of them.
  • Redrobo said:
    supaclive said:

I am sure that this is exactly the right road to go down. Back your judgement and build for the future.
    Fully agree, far better that than overpaid journeymen on their way down.
  • Bubble said:
    WSS said:
    Fake account on Twitter

You did, but you'd criticise (or praise) them in the pub rather than on a global social media platform.