Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• I didn't suggest him but he's a better bet (probably) than Davison to keep us up.

However I don't want him.

Co incidentally....... who would YOU choose.....
  • supaclive said:
    I didn't suggest him but he's a better bet (probably) than Davison to keep us up.

However I don't want him.

Co incidentally....... who would YOU choose.....
    If we end the window with Green, Taylor, Bonne, Hamed and Davidson I would be OK, I would love one better than 3 of them though. 
  • Will Grigg going Swindon.

I feel like I may be going crazy here, but is it weird that I feel like I'd have him here at the moment? I know he may not have the best championship record but he can get goals. 

Odd move going Swindon imo
    A shocking fall from grace for Grigg really, considering his previous goalscoring record in L1, and that he's only 28. If it down to injuries or a loss of confidence?
  • Will Grigg going Swindon.

I feel like I may be going crazy here, but is it weird that I feel like I'd have him here at the moment? I know he may not have the best championship record but he can get goals. 

Odd move going Swindon imo
    A shocking fall from grace for Grigg really, considering his previous goalscoring record in L1, and that he's only 28. If it down to injuries or a loss of confidence?
    Or playing for good attacking teams, in a not that good division, until he got found out?

I always thought it was strange that Josh got picked for NI before him, I knew Josh was "limited" but it now looks like NI were right. 
  • With Gallagher going , I can’t see how we can possibly allow Taylor to go 
  • More from Alan Nixon from the sun, looking through the comments of other fans everyone is in the same boat moaning about not signing players and saying they can see themselves going down without a fight etc.

it’s been a very quiet window so far hopefully we pull a player or two out of the bag today 🤞🏻.
  • Which player is he referring to about a deal being difficult geographically?
  • Sponsored links:

• Have tweet notifications on for Southall and that account still triggered it, very strange. Some proper sad-acts out there
    Maddison would be my guess.
    Maddison.
  • Scoham said:
    Jamie19 said:
    Not sure if this means anything ...
    Optimistic - fantastic, discussing finances to sign off Bowyer’s contract and our new signings

Neutral - not sure if this means anything

Pessimistic - if he stopped posing for photos and posting on social media he’d have more time to get some signings done ffs

Conspiracy theorist - it’s another network, we’ll probably sign a striker from the UAE third division
    Got to be encouraging news. MS is hardly going to make a pleasure trip at this critical time, must be discussing money and maybe papers need signing.

If it is a trivial trip then that would be very concerning.
  • Scoham said:
    Jamie19 said:
    Optimistic - fantastic, discussing finances to sign off Bowyer’s contract and our new signings

Pessimistic - if he stopped posing for photos and posting on social media he’d have more time to get some signings done ffs

Conspiracy theorist - it’s another network, we’ll probably sign a striker from the UAE third division
    He certainly doesn’t seem too concerned by the current situation at cafc judging by his recent posts. 
  • He’s used the #cafc hashtag. Hopefully getting the all clear on some deals
  • Sponsored links:

• I think it is probably a regular meet up between the two. But if I were Matt I would want to be here when we unveil our first permanent signing. Therefore I don't expect anything today.
  • Scoham said:
    Jamie19 said:

He certainly doesn’t seem too concerned by the current situation at cafc judging by his recent posts. 
    Gallen deals with the players, bowyer meets them and MS signs it off.
    He doesn’t need to physically be here.
    i reckon bowyer will sign today.
    He said we we’re close and it needs tweaking but shouldn’t take more than a couple of days.
    Gallen also said there’s a flurry of activity at the start of the window and then it goes quiet.
    Fingers crossed time!

• Can we not sign Gallagher again on loan from Chelsea by matching what ever Swansea or whoever  are paying. Chelsea only after more loan fee money. Thought we could match them now we got new owners. Load of crap saying they want him in promotion chasing team. They just want more money 
  • Can we not sign Gallagher again on loan from Chelsea by matching what ever Swansea or whoever  are paying. Chelsea only after more loan fee money. Thought we could match them now we got new owners. Load of crap saying they want him in promotion chasing team. They just want more money 

Chelsea youth Twitter account said they want him playing with a team up the top of the league
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Can we not sign Gallagher again on loan from Chelsea by matching what ever Swansea or whoever  are paying. Chelsea only after more loan fee money. Thought we could match them now we got new owners. Load of crap saying they want him in promotion chasing team. They just want more money 

Chelsea youth Twitter account said they want him playing with a team up the top of the league
    Not an official account and not true either.

They said they want him playing with players better than the Chelsea development side.
  • Scoham said:
    Jamie19 said:

Millwall fan: Bottle him, Waynetta!
  • Uboat said:
    Hopefully Southall will tweet a picture of him holding Tahnoon upside down by the ankles and a pile of gold on the floor. 
    If they see this and take the pic for comedic effect, I'll be bought for life.
  • We are at the half way point of the window, 
    Most action happens in the second half, or in Cafc case, in added on time.

An exciting new dawn for cafc or just another rainy day ?
    88 years since the Glikstens Brother's got their mediocre hands on this club. Only the genius of Jimmy Seed gave us pre war and post war our golden period in that sepia toned age. Lack of ambition was the hall mark of Charlton Athletic which resonates to this day. Do ESI have the wherewithal to change that perception ? Who we keep and the status of the few incoming loan or permanent signing will reflex the way forwards or sideways ?  21st or hopefully mid table will be fine for now.
    The summer window is the key to the five year plan. This window is vital for the Five month plan.

Yes folks, the next two weeks are critical.