Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Andy King has joined Huddersfield on loan from Leicester. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    We have until the end of the transfer window to save our season. No two ways about it.
    Do the next two weeks are critical then!
  • Dazzler21 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    We have until the end of the transfer window to save our season. No two ways about it.
     I'd argue that we have an opportunity to save our season, just with the returning players. 
    I'm losing faith in the concept of "returning players" when all we seem to see is a series of setbacks, new injuries and endless periods of "easing them back gently" like they are all made of glass.
    If we can't count on their early return and more importantly their durability, it's no wonder some of us are getting twitchy waiting for new and able recruits to come through the door.
    So, for now,  I won't "calm down dear" or "relax, everything will be fine"
  • Dazzler21 said:
    J BLOCK said:
     I'd argue that we have an opportunity to save our season, just with the returning players. 
    Who don't seem to have bodies that can stay fit: Williams, Aneke, Oztumer etc.
  • Jamie19 said:
    Not sure if this means anything ...
    It probably means he’s gonna ask HE that he needs to stump up more more to secure the signings of Bowyer, Maddison, Messi, Mbappe and Ronaldo
  • Dazzler21 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    And when we are still saying that in mid April?!

We need multiple quality players in now 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Who would score the goals to save our season if we didnt sign anyone.

Minus Gallaghers goals and contribution and even with everyone fit we'd be bottom three.

Desperately need players.
  • Player linked last night was Scott Fraser at Burton Albion -  Midfielder def Championship quality and with 6 months left on Contract - been getting good reviews all season - Thoughts from anyone ? 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Do the next two weeks are critical then!
    Technically, the next two weeks and two days are critical, assuming signings can be made at weekends.
  • Player linked last night was Scott Fraser at Burton Albion -  Midfielder def Championship quality and with 6 months left on Contract - been getting good reviews all season - Thoughts from anyone ? 
    Never heard of him to be honest... Long learnt from Gallen that just because a signing doesnt seem spectaculor, doesnt mean he isnt

Not to mention someone posted a link with someone rating their League One team of the year with him and Maddison in it
  • The trouble with our returning players is they have to be building there minutes in the first team because we have so many injuries they should really be building up there minutes in u23s. But as bows says it is what it is. 
    Very good player. Sign him up.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Who would score the goals to save our season if we didnt sign anyone.

Minus Gallaghers goals and contribution and even with everyone fit we'd be bottom three.

Desperately need players.
    At the moment we still have Taylor and Bonne with Williams to assist there’s definitely goals still in this team, when everyone is fit we was near the top of the league it’s just missing Gallagher but I have faith in Gallen and Bowyer to bring in 3-5 bodies I think we’ll be fine.
  • Jamie19 said:
    Not sure if this means anything ...

Our new stadium...

Looks like we are moving to the peninsula after all. At least this explains the 'strange' comment. 
  • One thing that could be holding up transfers is the uncertainty over Bowyer. 
    Get Bowyer signed up asap and let players know where they stand. 
  • Sponsored links:

• One thing that could be holding up transfers is the uncertainty over Bowyer. 
    The fat lady is just straightening her dress and will be on stage in just one moment...fear not.
  • Im hopeful that Bowyers Contract has been signed, and Southall is away discussing budgets etc. Bowyer confirmed today and maybe Maddison too? is that too much to ask for.

• Redrobo said:
    One thing that could be holding up transfers is the uncertainty over Bowyer. 
    The fat lady is just straightening her dress and will be on stage in just one moment...fear not.

Image result for fat singers meme
  • bobmunro said:
    Redrobo said:

Useful description at the foot of the meme of a fat lady singing.

Otherwise we wouldn't have known its a meme of a fat lady singing. ;)

Not my meme - I'm just a copy and paste w@nker!
  • Love the idea that Peterborough is 'up north'.

Yes - and I believe Cheshire is now officially in the Arctic Circle.
  • bobmunro said:
    Redrobo said:

Get  her through the door. She’d do a job for us at the back.