Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• iamdan said:
    Where’s this London captain gone?

• edited January 2020
    Jack Marriott? Doubtful, bloke is currently injured and even if we could get him I honestly would rather it spent elsewhere, he is genuinely a sick note despite his brilliant record in league 1

As for the Maddison and wages that just doesn't add up to me, why would we pay a decent transfer fee but not pay the going rate for an average championship player?With Maddison now I really do think its the cliche of wait until its OTOS.
    So, with Taylor seemingly on his way out and injured, bonne injured currently, Ben Davison and a 4/5 weeks away from Fitness Hemed as our 2 currently available strikers, you are turning your nose up at Jack Marriott? 
  • Looks like a penalty box striker. Youtube video with obligatory goal against us at the Valley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdp_5eRWSRU
  • Jack Marriott? Doubtful, bloke is currently injured and even if we could get him I honestly would rather it spent elsewhere, he is genuinely a sick note despite his brilliant record in league 1

As for the Maddison and wages that just doesn't add up to me, why would we pay a decent transfer fee but not pay the going rate for an average championship player?With Maddison now I really do think its the cliche of wait until its OTOS.
    Not the first time I have been forced to ask this question this week....but who else would you go for then if you are not happy with Marriott? Who do you expect us to sign?
  • edited January 2020
    Jack Marriott? Doubtful, bloke is currently injured and even if we could get him I honestly would rather it spent elsewhere, he is genuinely a sick note despite his brilliant record in league 1

So, with Taylor seemingly on his way out and injured, bonne injured currently, Ben Davison and a 4/5 weeks away from Fitness Hemed as our 2 currently available strikers, you are turning your nose up at Jack Marriott? 
    Yes cause he is also currently injured...

If it was a fully fit, ready to play 90 minutes Jack Marriott then of course I would want him, but as it stands, to have a chance of keeping us up I would prefer the Blackpool lad as a short term option at least 

@cafc_se7 same reply applies to you as well mate don't wanna flood the thread 
  • This time yesterday everyone was getting excited with the Maddison news , now it's armageddon. How things can change in 24 hours. In LB , SG and MS we should trust.
    Just like prospective new signings, I’d trust in LB a lot more if ESI gave him a long-term contract
  • Sponsored links:

• Not sure if it’s been said but Southall likes certain select tweets that he’s sent and of the few he liked one was from a guy who asked if Bows and Maddison were the ‘deals pending’.

On a side note I wonder would we swap Marriott and Taylor. May suit us both in the circumstances.
  • edited January 2020

Nixon says the fee he heard we bid was 1.5 million and not the 2.5 that matches Maddisons release clause. Does tie in with Dmac saying they had accepted an offer rather than they had no choice 

Edit:

Not sure on how he has worded it but it could mean to either dismiss the idea we met his release clause or that Nixon doesn't believe we did.

• Nixon says the fee he heard we bid was 1.5 million and not the 2.5 that matches Maddisons release clause. Does tie in with Dmac saying they had accepted an offer rather than they had no choice 
    Didn’t their chairman also claim we’d triggered his release clause too?

So much bullshit flying around at the moment. 
  • Why would Marriott leave Derby to come to us? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I hope I’m proved wrong but never in a million years will Peterborough sell their two best players in January. Maddison has only been allowed to go due to his contract situation, whereas Toney still has a while to go on his. DMAC is far too savvy to throw the chance of promotion away just for a pound note 
    Promotion is already unlikely.
    They are 9th and heading downwards.
    All the more reason not to sell your two best players in January 
    But that is what Peterborough do, buy cheap and sell on at a big profit.

Then they buy another youngster and hope to sell him on.

Good business model but must be frustrating as hell for their fans.
    Know that feeling well
    Lookie,konsa,grant,Gomez and aribo have all made the step up from league 1 
    I wonder from where??

When did Gomez play in league one?  I think it was Lookman's performance in the championship that got him his move tbh.

I think it depends what your expectations are.  I think Brentford fans might start getting the hump if they continue with there current policy for 3 or 4 more years and don't go up.  For example.  I think MOST of us would be happy with it for a few years but the SOME would get restless with "standing still". 

I will happy just to see a team that doesnt have to go home early to finish their homework?
    That said I dont mind a bit of youth in the ranks but our trouble is we always sell them or have to give them back

• Nixon says the fee he heard we bid was 1.5 million and not the 2.5 that matches Maddisons release clause. Does tie in with Dmac saying they had accepted an offer rather than they had no choice 

Don't think he did, did he?
  • Sponsored links:

Don't think he did, did he?
    This is all thats been said from Peterborough's end

https://www.theposh.com/news/2020/january/club-confirm-bid-accepted-for-maddison/

I read it as people were chancing it with low bids but he reluctantly accepted ours 
  • edited January 2020
    Quite extraordinary to have a striker like Marriott scoring 27 league goals in 2017/18, yet only come 9th, which was 3 places below us when our leading striker was Josh Magennis!
  • Two more responses from Nixon about Maddison.

One other club interested but not at that price 

And 

Second tweet is a bit cryptic imo but I've read it as we are the only club that had made a serious bid, second time we have heard wages are an issue now. Never boring is it 
  • Also heard it was Gallagher that wanted to leave as he wants to be chasing play offs/promotion
  • SamE7 said:
    Thank the lord. Mini panic over, don't mind me..easy to misinterpret ha
    @paulie8290 needs to give you an apology mate.