Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• If we pulled off the two league ones mids and toney we id be more than delighted and hopefully it wsill work out better than keeping conor. They can settle in for next seasons promotion campaign. 

As long as we replace him sufficiently, could be better to lose conor now than in summer
  • The team will miss his work rate tho fml 🙈
  • Jamie19 said:
    Not saying there’s anything in this but seen two Burton fans mention Fraser to us on Twitter.
    There's putting two and two together and then there is that.

Either way wouldn't say no for signing him up, won't cost a lot as his contract is up in the summer, Burton won't resist a reasonable fee, he's young and imo Burton play good ball, one of the best footballing sides we played last season, especially at their place. He played in both games and although I don't remember him specifically I do remember thinking they had a lot of decent players on show and was confused why they were so far down the table. 

So far this season he has 5 goals 11 assists playing for a side without a clinical striker and according to most league 1 fans he is championship quality. It's a yes from me, but doubtful 
  • Jamie19 said:

He doesn't specify the deals are for us...
    Or indeed if they are for us that they are incoming rather than outgoing 
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Jamie19 said:

He doesn't specify the deals are for us...
    Wont be long before folk start trying to work out what the rocket means
    "Rocket" Ronny Rosenthal's son, Dean, is a football agent.

One of the players on his books, Bobson Bawling, was at Charlton on trial.

According to Transfermarkt, Bawling has been at Enfield town, where we got Josh Davison.

Davison used to play for Peterborough, but was let go.

Who else is at Peterborough now?

That's right.

Ivan Toney and Marcus Maddison.

It's basically a done deal. :sunglasses:
    Did you write the clues for 3,2,1?

Are you dusty bin? 
  • edited January 2020
    This is Charlton gents...

I evisage a transfer window sprinkled with "meh", "who's he?" and "oh fuck off, what?"

For time immormorial it has been thus and I shall expect it until proven wrong.

Has Josh Parker started the car yet?
  • Kayal hasn't been confirmed as leaving has he? How long is he out for? Or is he going and we now have two loan spots to fill?
  • Sponsored links:

• I wish people would stop banging on about Toney, bit embarrassing as there’s no chance he’s coming any time soon.

Might want to direct that at the Chairman.
  • I wish people would stop banging on about Toney, bit embarrassing as there’s no chance he’s coming any time soon.

What was said?

What was said?
    He said they spoke about Toney & Maddison.
    Who wouldn't want Toney ?

What was said?
    He said they spoke about Toney & Maddison.
    Who wouldn't want Toney ?
    Thank you. And absolutely!
  • Seventeen days to go which isn’t very long to address the very real squad problems. Bids in but that’s no guarantee to signings. Gallagher gone and Taylor’s future far from certain. Injuries still significantly affecting team selection within no certainty those returning will not relapse. Form for obvious reasons is very poor. Seems to me that we need as a bare minimum two midfielders, At least one striker depending on Lyle and a commanding centre back. That’s four, possibly five. Have every faith in Gallen and Bowyer but I can’t be the only one that’s now getting very twitchy ?
    Agree with this. Honeymoon very much over for ESI. Need some strong moves this week and next
    Tbf, our chairman literally mentioned him in a interview on SSN
    He might have mentioned him but only by replying to a question put to him. He didnt just come out & say "that Ivan Toney is a great player and I'll buy him if he's available"
  • edited January 2020
    cafc_se7 said:
    January is a tough month to spend for anybody!! I get the Bowyer contract saga but even Lee is going to negotiate! Apart from that I am not too sure what else ESI are supposed to do? Gallagher going isn’t their fault, nor Taylor, nor our injury ravaged squad?
    Strengthen the team sufficiently to avoid relegation maybe?

Don't get me wrong, they haven't not done this yet, but you can understand people getting twitchy!
  • Kayal hasn't been confirmed as leaving has he? How long is he out for? Or is he going and we now have two loan spots to fill?
    I was told last month before Christmas we would be highly unlikely to see him again and that it seemed like he would be sent back to Brighton. However, that’s not happened and he recently had an operation so how long he’s out for, I don’t know as his treatment is in Brighton.
  • 14 days gone: Green in, Gallagher out.
    Madison out but maybe in.
    Taylor in but maybe out.
    Manager not signed yet.

Poor window so far, but 17 days to go.
    We wanted Roland out, Roland is out.

It's in nobodies interest at Cafc to have a weaker team than we started the season with. 
    Bowyer signs tomorrow and Madison sign tomorrow then things will look better in 24 hours. It's still feel like a bumpy ride.

• Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    Jamie19 said:
    Not saying there’s anything in this but seen two Burton fans mention Fraser to us on Twitter.
    Decent player. Got goals and assists in his locker but isn’t afraid to get stuck in either. Left footed.
  • I've heard a Jack Marriott rumour. Don't know any other details, or the source of the source. This is friend of a friend stuff. 
    Would actually be happier with Marriott over Toney!! - Be delighted with Marriott in fact!!
  • I've heard a Jack Marriott rumour. Don't know any other details, or the source of the source. This is friend of a friend stuff. 
    Isn't happy at Derby, Rooney may have pushed him down the pecking order, maybe avalible.  Linked well with MM at Peterborough.  Would be happy if it was true. 
  • Not a rumour, no inside information but Conor to Derby County #oldpals
    Made of glass and would cost fortunes, can’t see it tbh. 
  • Fraser starts for Burton tonight 
  • Naby is now top scorer if you disregard injured players and those who have left the club.
    But not if you disregard anyone named Naby as well.