Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Don't mean to put the frighteners on. Anyone know him or how reliable he is
  • It is a joke.  He is referring to his opinion that Williams is our second best player.  
  • I think he’s saying Williams is our second best player @SamE7
  • Thank the lord. Mini panic over, don't mind me..easy to misinterpret ha
  • edited January 2020
    The, importance of punctuation;
  • Did panic for a second there as he was at the press conference for what ever reason and seems to have a link at the club. Definitely just a tongue in cheek about the second best player. 
  • 14 days gone: Green in, Gallagher out.
    Madison out but maybe in.
    Taylor in but maybe out.
    Manager not signed yet.

Poor window so far, but 17 days to go.
    We wanted Roland out, Roland is out.

It's in nobodies interest at Cafc to have a weaker team than we started the season with. 
    Bowyer signs tomorrow and Madison sign tomorrow then things will look better in 24 hours. It's still feel like a bumpy ride.

A lot happens on the last day. It's worth remembering that our summer window only decided to be good once we signed Leko, Field, Kayal and Hemed on the last day. Teams want to get people in before they let people go so a fair bit will probably come down to deadline day unfortunately
  • I've heard a Jack Marriott rumour. Don't know any other details, or the source of the source. This is friend of a friend stuff. 
    Would be over the moon if that came off. 30k a week wages could be a problem mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    Rumour - Another Charlton forum saying Maddison is waiting for other options and the package he's been offered is poor for a Championship club. 
  • Rumour - Another Charlton forum saying Maddison is waiting for other options and the package he's been offered is poor for a Championship club. 
    Here we go....
  • Rumour - Another Charlton forum saying Maddison is waiting for other options and the package he's been offered is poor for a Championship club. 
    If that’s the case then we should tell him to piss off and go after the next target. 

• edited January 2020
    Rumour - Another Charlton forum saying Maddison is waiting for other options and the package he's been offered is poor for a Championship club. 

Is this like how people who grew up during rationing, still eat Spam, even though they can now afford and get actual ham? Have Gallen and Bowyer got so used to having nothing they're struggling to adjust?
  • Are we even trying to stay up?
  • Sage said:

Matt is busy on a load of deals which should go through soon

Lyle to Leeds
    Dillon to QPR
    Lockyer to Reading
    Williams to Nottingham Forest
    Bonne to Luton
    Doughty to Brentford
    Morgan to Oxford
    Solly to Gillingham
    Pearce to Rotherham
    Sarr to Portsmouth
    AMB to Ipswich
    Purrington to Sunderland

before ripping off his mask to reveal a cackling Katrien underneath
    One of the best posts ever. 
  • Time will tell, if he signs he signs, if not then 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Look at who’s saying it before people start to panic, I’m sure it’ll be done before the weekend.
  • Hearing Marriott is practically done...Only passing on what I'm hearing. Don't know much about him but his goals to games is impressive.

Well wont be available straight away if he does sign

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-news-marriott-injury-3730998.amp
  • Sponsored links:

• Hearing Marriott is practically done...Only passing on what I'm hearing. Don't know much about him but his goals to games is impressive.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-news-marriott-injury-3730998.amp
    Classic transfer window "injury". Lyle Taylor similarly afflicted.

Classic transfer window "injury". Lyle Taylor similarly afflicted.
    It's even the thigh as well. 

Very interesting, thanks for sharing. Would be a great signing, works extremely hard. Brilliant last season. Fingers crossed 

Yep
    1 goal every 5 games in Championship
  • This time yesterday everyone was getting excited with the Maddison news , now it's armageddon. How things can change in 24 hours. In LB , SG and MS we should trust.

Corrr you have took a risk there mate!

On a scale of 1/10 how reliable is your source? 
  • Where’s this London captain gone?
  • Jack Marriott? Doubtful, bloke is currently injured and even if we could get him I honestly would rather it spent elsewhere, he is genuinely a sick note despite his brilliant record in league 1

As for the Maddison and wages that just doesn't add up to me, why would we pay a decent transfer fee but not pay the going rate for an average championship player?With Maddison now I really do think its the cliche of wait until its OTOS.