Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Not meant to be a joke but the next two weeks will be critical.
    Don't you start
  • It's Gary Goals we want.

Anyone still got his number?

• Oggy Red said:
    Uboat said:
    The silver lining here is that Southall might panic on deadline day and spend £70 million.

You mean Steve Gallen may not have to sign Josh Parker 5 minutes before the transfer window 'slams shut' ?

I love Josh Parker. And Leon Best.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Not meant to be a joke but the next two weeks will be critical.
    Don't you start
    It's about time people let this go.
    Having said that I do think the next 336 hours are critical.
  • edited January 2020
    I liked the days when CL used to be the tumbleweed road in the January transfer window. I feel a "we want our blanket and flask back" chant coming on.
  • At least Marcus Maddison can have his #11 shirt...
  • Talal said:
    Reading the comments on him suggests he'd be best at the tip of the diamond. We'll have a squid of those players soon. 
    There fixed it for you.
  • se9addick said:
    Does Gallagher really earn £30K a week? Imagine being on that money as a teenager, I would be dead in a month.  
    Drove past him the other day in one of those Merc GLAs. Reg number on the motor CO17OR G. The geezer has cash
    When we were moving in early November the guys moving us said their company was also moving him that week. They didn't know the details but sounded like he was moving out of his parents house to his own property in Cobham. So sounds like he is doing ok for a relatively young man.
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Ben close would be a good signing 
    Would his teammates, Ben Doon and Phil McCaffert be joining him?
  • Sponsored links:

• Cullen injured in training now. What is going on???  
  • john3 said:
    Cullen injured in training now. What is going on???  
    He isn't according to Cawley.
  • john3 said:
    Cullen injured in training now. What is going on???  
    Nope. Cawley said that was very much incorrect. 
  • What is Roy Race doing nowadays?
  • Half way through the month and still no permanent signings in sight. Hey ho.
    We’ve still got your optimism though, so every cloud and all that ;-) 
  • _MrDick said:
    Don’t you just love Matt Southall ‘Deals Pending’ 
    Oh no, that's not good news for the 'Relegation Thread'.  :smile:

• This is bonkers - Surely step one here is Bowyer signing. If he has been given a reasonable offer and wants more, this is damaging the club. He needs to be tied up now and the rest has to follow from that. We are two weeks into the window and weaker than when it opened. Every lost point in January could be a lost point that sends us down FFS.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Jamie19 said:

GWAN MATTY BOY. 

Makes me feel excited and fills me with a little confidence seeing that.

Of course this is Charlton, so am already setting myself up for the bitter disappointment in a couple of days. 
  • Richard Cawley says on Twitter reported Josh Cullen injury set back is definitely incorrect :smiley:
  • Not saying there’s anything in this but seen two Burton fans mention Fraser to us on Twitter.
  • Jamie19 said:
    Not saying there’s anything in this but seen two Burton fans mention Fraser to us on Twitter.
    He is any good?

• edited January 2020
    Yes, but if you are short of players this is a time when you can do something about it!
  • Jamie19 said:
    Not saying there’s anything in this but seen two Burton fans mention Fraser to us on Twitter.
    Scott Stewart Fraser[1]
    Date of birth30 March 1995 (age 24)
    Place of birthDundee, Scotland
    Height6 ft 0 in (183 cm)
    Playing positionMidfielder
  • edited January 2020
    If it did happen we were relegated...and that's a big unlikely if ,in my view,blame the previous owner. 

Too many loans ,not enough contracts renewed, budget set ridiculously low.Realistically bowyer has performed wonders and ESI are still picking up Rolands pieces..