Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• I’m actually quite relaxed about who goes and who stays. We have done the best bit of business any team could possibly do during this window - getting rid of Roly.

I'm sure you won't be feeling like this if we go down.
  • Sage said:
    With Gallagher gone, we need at least two midfielders, another striker, keep Taylor and Cullen, and another defender.

That’s a lot to do in 2 weeks.
    Depends how close we are with other deals.
  • I’m actually quite relaxed about who goes and who stays. We have done the best bit of business any team could possibly do during this window - getting rid of Roly.
    I agree.  I just want us to get enough bodies in short term to keep us up, and if any of them can contribute to the longer term (like Maddison), then that is a bonus.  Staying up is the number one priority.  Gutted to lose Gallagher and can't really see the logic of Chelsea recalling him for a team like Swansea, even though they are higher up than us (you can learn as much, if not more being involved in a team fighting to survive).  If they are being paid a loan fee then so be it, but as far as I can make out, losing Gallagher is out of our control.  Yes, we need bodies desperately, but if it was true that Blackpool upped the fee for that forward, then I don't think we should be held to ransom.

We've put in a bid for Maddison, that was a million miles away in the last window, and Gallen is great at his job.  These things take time.  Plus, give Southall a chance.  Been officially in charge for 12 days.  Bit of miscommunication around the Bowyer contract, but according to Bowyer it's almost done.  Things are progressing, just not as fast as we have hoped based on the excitement of ridding ourselves of RD, and now the Connor setback.  If this how our squad is looking on the 28th Jan, then not good, but if Gallen managed to do what he did in the summer off the back of a nothing budget, imagine what he may be able to do with a bit of impetus behind him and with more resources.  

Yes, Jan is a shit month to do business, but I think we will be okay.  We will get some players we want, we will lose out on others.  
    Fuck that, I'm not. I do not want to play Accrington Stanley, Bristol Rovers and Oxford. 

Yes Roland has gone now but we can't just be happy and what will be will be. We need to plan accordingly and get bodies through the door. Staying up is massively important and vital we do so.

Cliche on this form but, quite literally the next 2 weeks are crucial. We need bodies through the door, and good ones. Our season could be over by March if we do not get things sorted. 

Huge test for ESI this, and I fairly confident they will get us through it
    I don’t want to play those teams either. I didn’t say I was “just happy with what will be will be”.  I said was relaxed about who comes and who goes. Bowyer, Gallen and Southall know what they are doing. 
  • From the Pompey forum Ben Close sounds quite similar to Albie Morgan but with a few goals thrown in. Still a lot of development to be had and can’t defend apparently. Not sure how this would benefit us? 
  • Is it officially bed wetting time yet ?
  • Is it officially bed wetting time yet ?
    It was two months ago. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Just came on to check if we'd signed anyone, and found out Gallagher might well be gone - certainly pissed on my chips big time. 

I'll be back in the evening. Can we try and get someone in by then? We could all do with a bit of good news.
  • Wild speculation alert.

What if Chelsea were happy to pay all of Gallagher's £30k PW wages to skint Charlton but now want super rich Charlton to stump up a few bob.

So he's being "assessed" by Chelsea while they wait to see if we'll pay as much as Swansea or another club.

Wild speculation ends
    Have been thinking along those lines myself.
  • Sad to see Gallagher go and agree its a strange decision. Maybe its down to us losing games and player confidence because he's not looked the same player in the last few matches.
    To me it looked like he wasn't getting the same time and space as in a few months ago. Perhaps the premier league will help him.
    As we're losing him early perhaps another decent Chelsea player will join on loan.

• The next 2 weeks are crucial.
  • se9addick said:
    Does Gallagher really earn £30K a week? Imagine being on that money as a teenager, I would be dead in a month.  
    That's better than the 6 day's it would take me as a former teenager 
  • It’s a hard life being a Charlton fan
    Doc, you are so right, and most of us signed the contract to be " Charlton till I die"
    Knowing my luck, reincarnation is a real thing and I'm reborn as a Charlton fan again and again...
  • se9addick said:
    Does Gallagher really earn £30K a week? Imagine being on that money as a teenager, I would be dead in a month.  
    Drove past him the other day in one of those Merc GLAs. Reg number on the motor CO17OR G. The geezer has cash
  • se9addick said:
    Drove past him the other day in one of those Merc GLAs. Reg number on the motor CO17OR G. The geezer has cash
    Who is Coltor G? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    With Gallagher gone, we need at least two midfielders, another striker, keep Taylor and Cullen, and another defender.

That’s a lot to do in 2 weeks.
    I don't do clichés ?

That's a lot to do in 336 hours.
  • FFS, what is the hold up ?!
  • With Gallagher gone, if Cullen really is injured ESI need to get their wallet out and start throwing some wedge around or we will go down
    Fuck that, I'm not. I do not want to play Accrington Stanley, Bristol Rovers and Oxford. 

Yes Roland has gone now but we can't just be happy and what will be will be. We need to plan accordingly and get bodies through the door. Staying up is massively important and vital we do so.

Cliche on this form but, quite literally the next 2 weeks are crucial. We need bodies through the door, and good ones. Our season could be over by March if we do not get things sorted. 

Huge test for ESI this, and I fairly confident they will get us through it
    I don’t want to play those teams either. I didn’t say I was “just happy with what will be will be”.  I said was relaxed about who comes and who goes. Bowyer, Gallen and Southall know what they are doing. 
    How does anyone know Southall knows what he’s doing - he’s only just walked in the door? He’s unknown to all of us 

The other two granted.
  • CAFCsayer said:
    With Gallagher gone, if Cullen really is injured ESI need to get their wallet out and start throwing some wedge around or we will go down
    What do you mean IF..   
  • So we're 14 days into the window and so far we have:

Out: Leko, Gallagher (we assume). What's happening with Kayal and Field?
    In: Green
  • se9addick said:

Taken just before Christmas. Sent it to my friend who said he saw his number plate in the area but wasn’t sure it was definitely him. 
  • It’s official On OS
  • Wild speculation alert.

What if Chelsea were happy to pay all of Gallagher's £30k PW wages to skint Charlton but now want super rich Charlton to stump up a few bob.

So he's being "assessed" by Chelsea while they wait to see if we'll pay as much as Swansea or another club.

Wild speculation ends
     Lol

Chelsea adding a few zeros on to little old Charlton
    Never thought I'd see the day!