Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Wonder if Close is an alternative to the Mowatt rumours from a couple of weeks back. Wouldn't mind looking at Ben Whiteman the Doncaster CDM either. 
  • Scoham said:
    Rumour on a Pompey forum that we’ve made a bid for their midfielder Ben Close.

https://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=786324

Dr Kish says we may be making a bid for a quality midfielder.

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=202001&date=20200114&time=0650
    Cullen perhaps?
  • I'm close to the club (on Floyd road actually) don't have any info though
    Not Canterbury, or is that where you're from?
  • UKC wasn't it Canters?
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Wonder if Close is an alternative to the Mowatt rumours from a couple of weeks back. Wouldn't mind looking at Ben Whiteman the Doncaster CDM either. 
    I think Close is a 10, I see Mowatt as more of an 8. Whiteman is a shout, very versatile mid and seems to have added goals to his game this season 
  • Rich Cawley on Twitter was asked this morning about the possibility of us signing Toney and her responded 'last I heard Posh wanted big money for him. Can't see that one at all'
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Rumour on a Pompey forum that we’ve made a bid for their midfielder Ben Close.

https://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=786324

Dr Kish says we may be making a bid for a quality midfielder.

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=202001&date=20200114&time=0650
    Is Ben Close the street where the Charlton Life house analogy is located?
  • Reading the comments on him suggests he'd be best at the tip of the diamond. We'll have a squad of those players soon. 
  • Ben close would be a good signing 
  • Talal said:
    Reading the comments on him suggests he'd be best at the tip of the diamond. We'll have a squad of those players soon. 
    All cutting edge and effall else .........,,,,I'll get my coat 😉
  • We are entering the last last 2 critical weeks of the transfer window. 
  • This just popped up in my twitter feed. 

Maddison clearly the player that asked about Bowyer's contract  https://www.football.london/charlton-athletic-fc/charlton-transfer-market-arsenal-chelsea-17562561
  • edited January 2020
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Ben, close, would be a good signing 
    His do you know it’s close what’s your source?
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Ben close would be a good signing 
    Bunny boiler?
    Never have truer words been said. Eventually this CL classic would find its place and take centre stage:
    Who leaves, may be just as important as who we bring in. By the end of this month we will have a flavour of the philosophy of ESI.
    Bowyer, Gallen, JJ, Avory, Marshall need to be sorted so the new potential signings know the lay out and ambition of this club.
    Still can't get a handle on where we are at with pitching our wages, as 8 to 18K was mentioned for Lyle. Yet Red Henry who has had he's scoops on here says it's well under 10k for Taylor ?

Never have truer words been said. Eventually this CL classic would find its place and take centre stage:
    Who leaves, may be just as important as who we bring in. By the end of this month we will have a flavour of the philosophy of ESI.
    Bowyer, Gallen, JJ, Avory, Marshall need to be sorted so the new potential signings know the lay out and ambition of this club.
    Still can't get a handle on where we are at with pitching our wages, as 8 to 18K was mentioned for Lyle. Yet Red Henry who has had he's scoops on here says it's well under 10k for Taylor ?

I thought I’d take advantage and be the first one in.

• Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    I'm close to the club (on Floyd road actually) don't have any info though
    RedChaser said:
    UKC wasn't it Canters?
    Ohh God! Started this off again haven't I!

Firstly don't actually live in charlton. was making a joke about the number of people saying they have someone "close to the club".

Was at UKC in Canterbury when i made this account on here (having previously lurked with another account) hence the username. Now live in Streatham Hill. 

Not quite @Leeds_Addick living in Greenwich but similar.

• JamesSeed said:
    I'm close to the club (on Floyd road actually) don't have any info though
    RedChaser said:
    UKC wasn't it Canters?
    Ohh God! Started this off again haven't I!

Firstly don't actually live in charlton. was making a joke about the number of people saying they have someone "close to the club".

Was at UKC in Canterbury when i made this account on here (having previously lurked with another account) hence the username. Now live in Streatham Hill. 

Not quite @Leeds_Addick living in Greenwich but similar.

Leedsaddick doesn't live in Leeds?  Since when?
  • Since he was a student I believe.
  • Id still like to think a bit for Sam Baldock at Reading would be worth a look as would Scott Hogan at Stoke ( on loan from Villa ). 
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Ben, close, would be a good signing 
    His do you know it’s close what’s your source?
    Haha didnt mean to add the extra , lol 

Remember him last season, thought he was one of their better players at pompy. 
  • Just met with a nice guy in the pub, says his son Andy Delort is on his way to the valley for a medical.  Anyone heard of him? Things are heating up nicely.

Can Eric Delort speak English......... I doubt it. B)
  • Just met with a nice guy in the pub, says his son Andy Delort is on his way to the valley for a medical.  Anyone heard of him? Things are heating up nicely.

Can Eric Delort speak English......... I doubt it. B)

We spoke Klingon