Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• https://twitter.com/dmac102/status/1216814932966199296?s=21

sorry, not sure how to embed tweets. it’s peterborough’s chairman saying they have turned down every bid for toney
  • If Maddison was the player Lee drove to see and I assume it was at they said it came from Matt Southall, then you would like to think that Marcus has the ambition to step up now and a chat from Lee Bowyer and a decent contract may make the player come to London. Could still be 50/50 but l hope so as I wanted this to happen 6 years ago the week before he signed for Posh from Gateshead.

• Not sure what to make of the moves for Toney and Maddison.

If both are being brought in as part of some extra muscle to keep us up - fine. But neither look like the type of long term acquisitions I'd expect from a new owner...or from a manager with cash to spend from a new owner.

Proven League One pro's are unlikely to get us promoted to the top flight IMO.
    Really? Or is this a wooosh?

Young and hungry players that have something to prove. You seem to have missed the building gradually bit about the long term plan. IF signed they would be perfect players for what we are trying to achieve. Get a grip.
  • Mcanthony has stated tonight that bids have been made for Toney but none accepted
  • JonT_Abs said:
    Maddison is 100% not going to sign. MS is playing along to help push the price up for the teams actually interested...Toney could be more realistic pending the Lyle Taylor situation

He doesnt need to push the price up!!... Its a release clause

My first post here, could be my last if I'm horribly wrong! 
  • cafc_se7 said:
    PWR

Put it as simple as this....

Mendonca - always caused us problems so we signed him.

Lyle Taylor - always caused us problems so we signed him

Maddison - always caused us problems.....let’s get him in! 

Class if we do sign him!!!

It often happens. Pretty sure Pope played well against Burnley, which helped him get his move there
    yes it does,  remember that brilliant Kermorgant performance and the goal that he scored away at Bournemouth when we lost 2-1 on opening day of season I think.
    Eddie Howe obviously put that down in his pitchside notebook if Yann ever became available and thanks to Katrien and Roly it did. 
  • edited January 2020
    wonder If macanthony is using his mate as bait to get interest in him. Just don’t see him being a bowyer signing.
  • Don’t trust that Peterborough chairman - making everything public.... drumming up more interest.... something doesn’t ring true 
  • JonT_Abs said:
    JonT_Abs said:
    Maddison is 100% not going to sign. MS is playing along to help push the price up for the teams actually interested...Toney could be more realistic pending the Lyle Taylor situation

He doesnt need to push the price up!!... Its a release clause

My first post here, could be my last if I'm horribly wrong! 
    Naaah this place would be a quiet post if we only posted the right stuff all the time

Welcome to CharltonLife - Shocked that IBBORG as chief mod hasnt offered to show you around
  • wonder If macanthony is using his mate as bait to get interest in him. Just don’t see him being a bowyer signing.
    So that was what the coffee meet up was all about! Drum up the deal for Maddison and you can have Toney for the difference.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:
    wonder If macanthony is using his mate as bait to get interest in him. Just don’t see him being a bowyer signing.
    So that was what the coffee meet up was all about! Drum up the deal for Maddison and you can have Toney for the difference.
    Who knows. Somebody through it out there earlier in the thread and I love a conspiracy theory! I just don’t see MM as a bowyer type signing.
  • Scoham said:
    Surprised Birmingham are making bids for players given their problems with FFP
    Their 16 year old wonderkid jude bellingham may leave for big bucks in the window
    Are we buying him as well then? 😀
  • cafc_se7 said:
    PWR

Put it as simple as this....

Mendonca - always caused us problems so we signed him.

Lyle Taylor - always caused us problems so we signed him

Maddison - always caused us problems.....let’s get him in! 

Class if we do sign him!!!

It often happens. Pretty sure Pope played well against Burnley, which helped him get his move there
    yes it does,  remember that brilliant Kermorgant performance and the goal that he scored away at Bournemouth when we lost 2-1 on opening day of season I think.
    Eddie Howe obviously put that down in his pitchside notebook if Yann ever became available and thanks to Katrien and Roly it did. 
    Kermorgant also scored the winner in stoppage time at Dean Court in our promotion season. Howe wasn't manager then, but I'm sure it was noted by the Bournemouth scouts...
  • Maddison and/or Toney would be incredible signings. I’d be chuffed with just one.
  • sam3110 said:
    Mentions discussing 2 players with Peterboro chairman, about the vision for the club in the future, "who wouldn't want these 2 players playing for them, who wouldn't want Ivan Toney in their team, c'mon, really?"
    Isn't there a conduct all your business in public theme developing here?
  • Also IF it were Gallagher out Maddison in it doesn’t look quite so rosy and positive......

Lots to find out in the coming days 
  • Gallagher being recalled would be a huge blow. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought Chelsea confirmed that he is here for the season?
  • I thought Chelsea confirmed that he is here for the season?
    Gallen said in the press conference that Chelsea can recall Conor but have given no indication of wanting to recall him
  • What would be the advantage to Chelsea of Gallagher being recalled only to go on loan somewhere else again?
  • Chizz said:
    What would be the advantage to Chelsea of Gallagher being recalled only to go on loan somewhere else again?
    Exactly 
  • Don’t trust that Peterborough chairman - making everything public.... drumming up more interest.... something doesn’t ring true 
    Isn’t that just how he is normally? I wouldn’t read anything into him tweeting it out.
    That is exactly how he is. He is very approachable and responds to tweets from fans. 
  • Chizz said:
    What would be the advantage to Chelsea of Gallagher being recalled only to go on loan somewhere else again?
    Swansea offer them a few million to take him on loan that we've not paid perhaps
  • redbuttle said:
    Don’t trust that Peterborough chairman - making everything public.... drumming up more interest.... something doesn’t ring true 
    Isn’t that just how he is normally? I wouldn’t read anything into him tweeting it out.
    That is exactly how he is. He is very approachable and responds to tweets from fans. 
    It’s always the way he has been. Just check his tweets. 
  • Yup, gallagher is leaving. possibly going to QPR instead which makes no sense.