Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Only thing that worries me about getting Toney in during this window would be paying over the odds with the risk of going down. I don't mean to be pessimistic just trying to be objective. I think we will stay up but it is squeaky bum time until we string a few wins together. 
    No need to worry old son, if we go down he will be perfect for getting us back up again.🤑

• Twitter link to the clip of Southall mentioning Toney, very cheeky 
    Southall loves to mention his "model". Unclear exactly what this model is. Buy up and coming talent to sell on?
    I think the model is to get us to the Prem, not by spending £50m in one hit and hovering up talent, but by a more evolutionary method and taking a bit longer. 
  • It was the successful model Southampton had; buy those with potential and make a massive profit on them, see Van Dijk as the prime example, Southampton have forgotten it in recent times. 

• Twitter link to the clip of Southall mentioning Toney, very cheeky 
    Southall loves to mention his "model". Unclear exactly what this model is. Buy up and coming talent to sell on?
    If you swap the word "model" for "wage structure", it has a much more positive connotation.  In short, it's good to see that the new Chairman isn't just going to hoover up players whose wages the club can't afford. 
  • We won’t receive any offers for Taylor
    I think we might get a few cheeky enquires around the £1 million mark.
  • Sponsored links:

I’d be amazed if we don’t. 
  • Taylor’s injury record this season will stop people sending money on him 
  • Seeing that Posh bought Maddison for £250k, that is superb value for his return in goals and assists, even if they don't get a huge fee when they sell him 
  • Rothko said:
    Taylor’s injury record this season will stop people sending money on him 
    Agree. Teams will wait till the summer and offer a good deal. 
  • He’s had an ACL injury and then hasn’t lasted 90 minutes since, the knee will be a flag on a few million pound deal, it will be a calculated and know risk on a free and a smaller signing on fee
  • Lots of people getting excited on here.
    We haven't signed either of them yet.
    If and when we do I shall probably get excited .
    Until it happens just chill. 
    Chill and NLA's pussy, the new buzz words of 2020.

Two beautiful words.
  • I’d be surprised if Taylor moves in January, a 30 year old player currently injured that Southall has said he will only accept silly money for. I should imagine any club that’s prepared to pay that silly money, their insurance company may have something to say about the decision 
  • Sponsored links:

• Lots of people getting excited on here.
    We haven't signed either of them yet.
    If and when we do I shall probably get excited .
    Until it happens just chill. 
    Chill and NLA's pussy, the new buzz words of 2020.

Two beautiful words.
    From two beautiful posters 😁
  • T_C_E said:
    I’d be surprised if Taylor moves in January, a 30 year old player currently injured that Southall has said he will only accept silly money for. I should imagine any club that’s prepared to pay that silly money, their insurance company may have something to say about the decision 
    He's 29, nearly 30.
  • _MrDick said:
    Vital Football claiming we've offered 1.9m for Harlee Dean
    If we sign Harlee and have Davison up front, I think we’ll go places
    We would be sure to Triumph.
    With our injuries, I'd say someone's put the Indian sign on us, which is really Norton.  It's like their hamstrings are made of Cotton.

Great Scott!  If only the good Lord would shine a Sunbeam on our medical suite to get our players fit at least in time for the Derbi with the scum.

We need our forwards to be emulating the prowess of a Jimmy Greeves and striking like a Panther.
    You have reached your Zenith mate.
    Good. Not enough for us to sell him and could make our offer seem better.