Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• bobmunro said:
    Big statement if we did manage to get Toney. 
    And some. 

£10m+ on a player in January! What's he going to spend in the summer??
    I don’t think we’d pay £10 mill for Toney. 
    I didn't think we'd pay £10m for anyone.

Well not until a couple of months ago.
  • bobmunro said:
    And some. 

That's what has been rumoured they want - but yes, what they want and what they get are two different things.
  • Macronate said:
    Potential marquee signing?

Or more bivouac?
    As long as we aren't being sold a pup ... tent.
  • What chance getting Toney and keeping Taylor? 
  • What chance getting Toney and keeping Taylor? 
    Bet our chances would increase as would be showing a willingness to spend and shows ambition to Lyle
  • Would you swap Lyle for Maddison and Toney?
    Definitely
  • Would you swap Lyle for Maddison and Toney?

I would, definitely. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Do the ITK and detectives on here know if the drive that Bowyer made on the recommendations of the Chairman was to Peterborough. Some of you Dicks (Detectives) must've an idea ?
  • edited January 2020
    Southall very keen on Toney.

Just been on sky sports
    What was this? A snip interview or? 
      Yes. It was an snip of an interview in the stand .
    on the back end of the Maddison piece

I've filmed it on my phone but the file option above won't allow me to add it.?
  • Taylor won't join  a league one team.
  • I couldn't get my head around the fact that we allegedly bid 4m for Toney in August to play alongside Taylor and not as his replacement. 

But now we are hearing Southall may have been around the place at that time maybe it is all beginning to fall in place.

Him alongside Taylor would be as potent as the partnership with Grant imo.
  • edited January 2020
    Taylor won't join  a league one team.
    I don't think anybody is referring a literal swap, more would you be happy if we signed Toney and Maddison but Taylor left. 
  • I couldn't get my head around the fact that we allegedly bid 4m for Toney in August to play alongside Taylor and not as his replacement. 

But now we are hearing Southall may have been around the place at that time maybe it is all beginning to fall in place.

Makes sense. 
  • edited January 2020
    Do the ITK and detectives on here know if the drive that Bowyer made on the recommendations of the Chairman was to Peterborough. Some of you Dicks (Detectives) must've an idea ?
     Bowyer drove. all the detectives stand around at Kings Cross so I doubt it 

I’m pretty sure that’s more nonsense from RD 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    Would you swap Lyle for Maddison and Toney?
    You'd be a mentalist if you didn't.
    I'd chuck in a couple of others as well.
  • edited January 2020
    iaitch said:
    Valley11 said:
    Toney and Maddison. Jesus. ££££
    Think Jesus will stay at City (Manchester version).
    Was waiting for that. 
    I’ll set em up, you finish em off. Much like Maddison and Toney. 
  • Positives
    - We are targeting someone who is recognised as one of the best players in the league below
    - We clearly have cash to play with
    - He’s a very decent footballer, makes things happen

Negatives
    - Question mark around committment during games and big question marks around character off the pitch. Edgy ones with off field reputations have never really been a good fit at Charlton (Leon Clarke etc)
    - May be wrong, but doesn’t seem the type from what we have seen who would be top of our managers working wish list
  • Maddison reminds me of Tricky Ricky Holmes (remember him) .. if he's anywhere near so good, he'll do nicely
  • Holmes with a bit of pace
  • bobmunro said:
    And some. 

I should hope not. £15m or it's not marquee.
  • Maddison reminds me of Tricky Ricky Holmes (remember him) .. if he's anywhere near so good, he'll do nicely
    He's miles better.
  • I hope I’m proved wrong but never in a million years will Peterborough sell their two best players in January. Maddison has only been allowed to go due to his contract situation, whereas Toney still has a while to go on his. DMAC is far too savvy to throw the chance of promotion away just for a pound note 
    Promotion is already unlikely.
    They are 9th and heading downwards.