Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• RedChaser said:
    Wow!!!!!... Glad I was sitting down as my legs have genuinely gone
    Why what was you doing 😉.
    Was doing some actual work for a change

That plan for this afternoon has gone right out of the window
  • We moan about no signings, searching for freebies & journeymen. Now we have money & are actually delving in to buy serious players, some are still not happy or questioning the fees!! Only Charlton fans..... If stats are to go buy, we are buying an upgrade version of De Bruyne  ;)
  • Nobody said we didn't need a striker. We've admitted to bidding for one. Some childish comments do turn up on here.
  • 2121 said:
    If 8 clubs bidding then surely one or two are going for promotion?! 
    I’ll be impressed if they pull this out the bag and doubly impressed if we get toney as well
    Toney wil cost rediculous money. No chance surely. 
  • RedManS said:
    We moan about no signings, searching for freebies & journeymen. Now we have money & are actually delving in to buy serious players, some are still not happy or questioning the fees!! Only Charlton fans..... If stats are to go buy, we are buying an upgrade version of De Bruyne  ;)
    I can only see positive comments to be honest. Don't think anybody is questioning the fee, just wondering if we have met the release clause. The social media announcement from the P'Boro chairman has got people believing it could be alerting other clubs which is a reasonable consideration. 
  • edited January 2020
    mendonca said:
    Nobody said we didn't need a striker. We've admitted to bidding for one. Some childish comments do turn up on here.
    who? We have pulled out of a deal for the Blackpool striker. Maddison isn't a striker...
  • RedManS said:
    We moan about no signings, searching for freebies & journeymen. Now we have money & are actually delving in to buy serious players, some are still not happy or questioning the fees!! Only Charlton fans..... If stats are to go buy, we are buying an upgrade version of De Bruyne  ;)
    No one is moaning about signing Maddison?
  • edited January 2020
    What sort of money do we think we'd have to shell out to P'boro for him? (Maddison)
  • What sort of money do we think we'd have to shell out to P'boro for him? (Maddison)
    £2.5million
  • Sponsored links:

• What sort of money do we think we'd have to shell out to P'boro for him? (Maddison)
    Southall already bought the coffees
  • RedManS said:
    I can only see positive comments to be honest. Don't think anybody is questioning the fee, just wondering if we have met the release clause. The social media announcement from the P'Boro chairman has got people believing it could be alerting other clubs which is a reasonable consideration. 
    You must not of read through the whole thread...
    I think the amount that triggers then £2.5m clause. I don’t really buy in to the last 6 months of his contract argument. 

Of course I could be totally wrong. 
    Do you think the player will Costa lot less than whats been suggested then?
    Prices they charge in there, I'd say call it quits
  • RedManS said:
    RedManS said:
    One or two saying he has an attitutude problem (based on opinions from P'Boro fans) but I think the majority of the comments are still positive/excited. 
    Well it looks like we have exprsso an interest... 
    Well it looks like we have exprsso an interest... 
    Just hope Maddison gets stars when he sees the bucks!!
  • His assists and goals record is good. Assume not injury prone fingers crossed. Get him in! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Definitely expect him to play at the tip of a diamond rather than out wide for us. He's not particularly quick so wouldn't be quite as effective out wide against Championship defenders. 
  • RedManS said:
    RedManS said:
    One or two saying he has an attitutude problem (based on opinions from P'Boro fans) but I think the majority of the comments are still positive/excited. 
    Maybe moaning was the wrong way to put it, but from my view it seems some are questioning it? Either way, lets hope it goes through
  • se9addick said:
    The language in the Posh chairman’s Tweet (“we’ve accepted a bid...”) makes me think we haven’t offered the £2.5M release clause but a number lower than that which Peterborough find acceptable. 
    Not quite sure that can be true given they have accepted the offer...
  • If this fella is a bit Bertie big bollox then personal terms could be tricky.
    Part of the 'adding a couple of zeros' brigade?
  • mendonca said:
    Nobody said we didn't need a striker. We've admitted to bidding for one. Some childish comments do turn up on here.

I said on January 2nd we desperately needed a striker or 2. ( Which was true)
    But its a fluid situation and if Taylor (stays)
    Bonne, Davidson and a new sharp Hemed are all fit by February 1st then defensive positions will take priority in this window.
  • Definitely expect him to play at the tip of a diamond rather than out wide for us. He's not particularly quick so wouldn't be quite as effective out wide against Championship defenders. 
    Really? Looks rapid in some of those clips.
  • Could be the way we've offered the £2.5m

i.e. Might be a case that we're not paying it all now but in installments and after a set number of appearances etc.
    Really? Looks rapid in some of those clips.
    Think some of the clips are from a few years ago. I'm not saying he's slow but I'm not convinced that he'd be very effective out wide at a higher level. Playing in the number 10 position and I think he'll be very good. 
  • Could be the way we've offered the £2.5m

i.e. Might be a case that we're not paying it all now but in installments and after a set number of appearances etc.
    A very good point FA, i don't know how the clauses work if someone offers the release clause amount but not all in one sum. E.g if we offered 1m up front plus 1.5 over the next 2 years would they have to accept?