Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• redbuttle said:
    Lots of Posh fans where I live, and they all say that he is a very talented player. It would certainly be impressive if a bid has been accepted for him because a lot of teams will be after him.
    I live in Peterborough and can tell you he is a good player with a bad attitude. I am sure Bowyer knows that and will sort it. 
    ...and it seems he likes to use social media too.

Pretty much a direct replacement of Lyle Taylor 🙂
  • Posh fan saying he has a £2.5m release clause, although I’m not sure we would pay that with his contract up in the summer.
    Yes that's correct
  • Maddison is class... Would be over the moon with this
  • Would this be bad news for the Turkish Messi if we sign him?
  • Are you:

Underwhelmed?

Whelmed?

Overwhelmed?

About signing Madison.
  • Sponsored links:

• Are you:

Underwhelmed?

Whelmed?

Overwhelmed?

About signing Madison.
    Whelmed
  • Are you:

Underwhelmed?

Whelmed?

Overwhelmed?

About signing Madison.
    No opinion as I don't know anything about the lad. 

I do know that James Maddison is droning whining shit, so no wonder Golfie likes him
  • Hard not to be excited about this, bidding a realistic price for a first team player who it appears has the quality, if he has the appetite, to play a big part in our resurrection. Some of those early precise deliveries are just about undefendable, and a very healthy goal-scoring record too. With the fee agreed hopefully he really wants to play for Bowyer.
  • Conspiracy Theory:
    - Southall has asked him mate for a favour. That's why he has released this on social media but he ends up going elsewhere. We sign someone half the player but can say we tried. 

Or:
    - This is actually true and we are finally going somewhere ;)
  • se9addick said:
    Would this be bad news for the Turkish Messi if we sign him?
    I have heard Aneke is the one leaving this month. 
  • Consistent goal scorer for Posh. Also seems pretty injury free, having played 249 games for them in 5 1/2 seasons. 

Started the season brilliantly (10 goals), but not scored since the 9th November
    Well we can sort that injury free run out no problem .

and no goal action since beginning of November well this is the place to continue that run
  • Are you:

Underwhelmed?

Whelmed?

Overwhelmed?

About signing Madison.
    Happy that we've bid as it shows the owners are serious.

Not much beyond that though, as any bigger Championship club could easily also have a bid accepted and then offer him higher wages than we can.
  • We ain’t signed him yet gun jumper. 
  • Are you:

Underwhelmed?

Whelmed?

Overwhelmed?

About signing Madison.
    Whelmed . Too good for league one . Fully expect other clubs to jump in now posh have announced it .
  • Sponsored links:

• Very happy with this signing ( if it happens) seem to remember him putting on his Instagram a couple of seasons ago saying how nice the valley was im sure it was him.. anyway quality player and a statement from ESI.
  • Posh fan saying he has a £2.5m release clause, although I’m not sure we would pay that with his contract up in the summer.
    One of the guys I work with is a Posh fan and he said the exact same thing

Said he's amazing (also said he'll probably be our best player!) but dives all the time
    Charlton players don't dive.

They may go down easily but only opposition players dive.

Kick us off the pitch constantly, I've heard ;)
  • Personally I suspect Maddison fancies the move, hence why he was only on the bench Saturday. 
  • se9addick said:
    That was my guess, needs to play regularly and although more depth would be good I doubt we’ll have 12+ first team midfielders.
  • Are you:

Underwhelmed?

Whelmed?

Overwhelmed?

About signing Madison.
     He looks good...on YouTube. But that’s how it is these days.

heard some good and some bad.
    The fact he would have cost a few quid can only be a good sign right?
  • We need a striker now, without a clinical one it doesn’t matter how good Maddison is.
  • Scoham said:
    se9addick said:
    That was my guess, needs to play regularly and although more depth would be good I doubt we’ll have 12+ first team midfielders.
    Portsmouth are interested I believe. 
  • Really don't want to be Mr Negative but I am a little worried that after this broadcast from their Chairman, a lot of other clubs will come in and trump us on the wage front.

Hoping I'm wrong.

• We need a striker now, without a clinical one it doesn’t matter how good Maddison is.
    we've got one.....we just need to keep him ;)
  • Good signing if it goes through.