Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Would be a quality signing, William's is great but made of glass and has zero goals in him... cant just all be down to Taylor or Bonne to score when fit. 
  • edited January 2020
    Loving some of the Posh fans and their comments on the official club post

People on here will implde with both Maddison and Taylor on Social Media!!
  • edited January 2020
    Swisdom said:
    I spoke to Katrien about him on the pre season tour to Dublin a couple of years back and said he is the wort of player who could add something to the team and her words were "He's a decent player but his head is not right"

Time to see which of us was right isn't it!!
    Tbf she would know :smile:
  • I've wanted us to sign Maddison for years. It will help Bowyer so so much to be able to play a system with wingers now
    Good option to have, but if he wanted to play that way he’d have signed more wingers and played that way. Think it’s more likely he’ll play  behind the front two.
  • Sponsored links:

• Consistent goal scorer for Posh. Also seems pretty injury free, having played 249 games for them in 5 1/2 seasons. 

Started the season brilliantly (10 goals), but not scored since the 9th November
  • Don’t know anything about him, but that’s not stopping me from getting excited! 
  • _MrDick said:
    Vital Football claiming we've offered 1.9m for Harlee Dean
    If we sign Harlee and have Davison up front, I think we’ll go places
    We would be sure to Triumph.
    With our injuries, I'd say someone's put the Indian sign on us, which is really Norton.  It's like their hamstrings are made of Cotton.

Great Scott!  If only the good Lord would shine a Sunbeam on our medical suite to get our players fit at least in time for the Derbi with the scum.

We need our forwards to be emulating the prowess of a Jimmy Greeves and striking like a Panther.
    My Old Beezer would have liked the above and his army mate James Captain.
  • Quality on the ball can be lazy off it but not under Bowyer, pretty sure he has the quality to play at this level
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc_se7 said:
    PWR

Put it as simple as this....

Mendonca - always caused us problems so we signed him.

Lyle Taylor - always caused us problems so we signed him

Maddison - always caused us problems.....let’s get him in! 

Class if we do sign him!!!

It often happens. Pretty sure Pope played well against Burnley, which helped him get his move there
  • Understand the comments about him playing in a similar role as Williams, but perhaps Bowyer has a different position in mind for Williams? I think Williams has said before he seems himself as a more traditional CM rather than no.10 
  • Come on Charlton sign him in time for Saturday.
  • Taylor didn't do that much off the ball before we signed him. It was one of the things Bow said he needed to work on when he arrived. I'm sure he can do the same for MM.
  • Posh fan saying he has a £2.5m release clause, although I’m not sure we would pay that with his contract up in the summer.
  • Lots of Posh fans where I live, and they all say that he is a very talented player. It would certainly be impressive if a bid has been accepted for him because a lot of teams will be after him.
    I live in Peterborough and can tell you he is a good player with a bad attitude. I am sure Bowyer knows that and will sort it. 
  • Posh fan saying he has a £2.5m release clause, although I’m not sure we would pay that with his contract up in the summer.
    One of the guys I work with is a Posh fan and he said the exact same thing

Said he's amazing (also said he'll probably be our best player!) but dives all the time