Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Chunes said:
    Looks very decent. Well happy with that. Him and Greene on the wings, Taylor and Neymar up front, we'll do serious damage
    That is rubbish ?

No way would Neymar get in the team before Bonne or Davidson plus Neymar would be shit on a freezing Tuesday night in Stoke.
  • edited January 2020
    To quote my colleague who's a Peterborough ST-holder... 'he's certainly talented and has scored plenty of spectacular goals for us, but often drifts in and out of games with his work-rate fluctuating game-to-game. Well-known to have a bit of an attitude problem to say the least and loves a theatrical dive. If Bowyer can sort out his character he'll be a great signing for you!'
    Maybe things that can be sorted out under different management at a bigger club?
  • Interesting that we are the only club to be given permission to speak to us. I wonder if it’s because we bid more or their chairman is helping out our chairman.
    He's running a football club and a business. If we've been given permission it's almost certainly because we've bid the highest amount, not because he wants to do Southall a favour

really???? Didn’t think of that!!!! What I was getting at is that other clubs might have offered the same. The wording from the chairman says he has given the player permission to speak to charlton but not two other clubs. He didn’t say rejected offers. That suggests that the other clubs may also have met the minimum release fee
  • edited January 2020
    https://footballbh.net/2019/11/04/marcus-maddison-201920-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics/

Been a winger in the past, this season he’s played at the tip of the diamond with freedom to roam.
  • bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Really don't want to be Mr Negative but I am a little worried that after this broadcast from their Chairman, a lot of other clubs will come in and trump us on the wage front.

Hoping I'm wrong.

I read it that Posh have 'accepted' our bid and given him permission only to speak to us. My take then is that subject to agreeing personal terms, he's our player. If we can't agree terms then maybe others will come in.
    Not sure, surely other clubs can still come in before we have agreed terms and match our bid. I think Darragh is highlighting this to other clubs to get as much money as possible. 

Maybe we haven't met the release clause?
    That entirely depends on the Posh Chairman. Our bid is accepted and permission given to speak with Maddison - based on MacAnthony's reputation, I don't expect him to be a gazumper!

It's a different matter if Maddison either doesn't want to come to Charlton, or we can't meet his salary expectations.

Not necessarily, if other clubs meet his release clause there is nothing Darragh can do. 
    My point is that 'if' Maddison wants to come to us and he's happy with the contract offer then there is nothing Posh can do to stop it, even if another club offered £20 million for him.
  • supaclive said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Really don't want to be Mr Negative but I am a little worried that after this broadcast from their Chairman, a lot of other clubs will come in and trump us on the wage front.

Hoping I'm wrong.

I read it that Posh have 'accepted' our bid and given him permission only to speak to us. My take then is that subject to agreeing personal terms, he's our player. If we can't agree terms then maybe others will come in.
    Not sure, surely other clubs can still come in before we have agreed terms and match our bid. I think Darragh is highlighting this to other clubs to get as much money as possible. 

That entirely depends on the Posh Chairman. Our bid is accepted and permission given to speak with Maddison - based on MacAnthony's reputation, I don't expect him to be a gazumper!

It's a different matter if Maddison either doesn't want to come to Charlton, or we can't meet his salary expectations.

Not necessarily, if other clubs meet his release clause there is nothing Darragh can do. 

What Chairman wouldn't try and get the most money for his player once a release clause has been met?   Come on now.   If ANOther Championship club wants to say, offer £3.5m and we don't think he's worth it - that's just life.   This is not an offer to con Charlton fans into thinking we are trying to buy players when we have no money.

Get a grip Doomsdayers!

Trouble is if we've met the release clause and are allowed to speak with Maddison is there much that Peterborough can do

If West Brom came in and offered £3.5m yet Maddison were to join us, it doesnt mean we have to up our offer

Only way that can happen is if Peterborough suddenly decide to pull out of a deal with us - Yet if player is happy with the terms we've offered and doesnt want to join West Brom he's gonna be pissed off, we're going to be pissed off and Peterborough could end up with an unhappy player remaining past January
  • If 8 clubs bidding then surely one or two are going for promotion?! 
    I’ll be impressed if they pull this out the bag and doubly impressed if we get toney as well
  • Are you:

Underwhelmed?

Whelmed?

Overwhelmed?

About signing Madison.
    Whelmed. 
  • supaclive said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Hoping I'm wrong.

What Chairman wouldn't try and get the most money for his player once a release clause has been met?   Come on now.   If ANOther Championship club wants to say, offer £3.5m and we don't think he's worth it - that's just life.   This is not an offer to con Charlton fans into thinking we are trying to buy players when we have no money.

Get a grip Doomsdayers!

Trouble is if we've met the release clause and are allowed to speak with Maddison is there much that Peterborough can do

If West Brom came in and offered £3.5m yet Maddison were to join us, it doesnt mean we have to up our offer

Only way that can happen is if Peterborough suddenly decide to pull out of a deal with us - Yet if player is happy with the terms we've offered and doesnt want to join West Brom he's gonna be pissed off, we're going to be pissed off and Peterborough could end up with an unhappy player remaining past January
    If we have met his release clause then P'boro cannot pull out - the player could decide not to join us but P'boro have no choice as that is literally the point of a release clause.
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    Would this be bad news for the Turkish Messi if we sign him?
    With the way we get injuries, no. I’d be amazed if we ever have everybody fit at any one point. 
  • supaclive said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Hoping I'm wrong.

Get a grip Doomsdayers!

If we have met his release clause then P'boro cannot pull out - the player could decide not to join us but P'boro have no choice as that is literally the point of a release clause.
    Precisely!
  • se9addick said:
    Would this be bad news for the Turkish Messi if we sign him?
    Won't be bad news for anyone, it would say to Ozumer, Green, Williams etc you need to stay fit and in form to be picked. Same thing go for MM. We have competition and if your form drops you are on the bench, plus Lee Bowyer like to rotate to keep players fresh, even though he hasn't been able too so much this season.
  • se9addick said:
    So according to this report we have met the 2.5 mill release clause then? Interesting.
    Surely we aren’t bidding £2.5M for a third division player with six months remaining on his contract?! 
    We can afford it.
  • bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Hoping I'm wrong.

My point is that 'if' Maddison wants to come to us and he's happy with the contract offer then there is nothing Posh can do to stop it, even if another club offered £20 million for him.
    Sorry, yes very true. Whether intentional or not, I would be shocked if this doesn't alert another club or two to coming in though. 
  • supaclive said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Hoping I'm wrong.

Get a grip Doomsdayers!

But then you had that mess with Arsenal offering the joke fee over the release clause for Luis Suarez which was rejected

Imagine Peterborough can reject if they really wanted but god that would leave a mess between them and the player if found out, which i imagine would have 
  • Scoham said:

Just started following him too. Does seem like a bit of a drip to be honest....
  • supaclive said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Hoping I'm wrong.

Get a grip Doomsdayers!

But then you had that mess with Arsenal offering the joke fee over the release clause for Luis Suarez which was rejected

Imagine Peterborough can reject if they really wanted but god that would leave a mess between them and the player if found out, which i imagine would have 
    They cannot reject an offer if it meets the release clause. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Class...
  • Scoham said:

Class...
    That was his insta not your comment :smile:
  • bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Hoping I'm wrong.

Sorry, yes very true. Whether intentional or not, I would be shocked if this doesn't alert another club or two to coming in though. 
    Every one of the eight or so other Championship clubs will already be fully aware of the release clause and the fact that he's out of contract in the summer. Clearly none to date has met the release clause, but yes that could now change. It would be then up to Maddison if he wished to talk with any other club.
  • supaclive said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Hoping I'm wrong.

Get a grip Doomsdayers!

I don't think they can pull out of a deal if we've triggered a release clause.
  • To make this clear, Peterborough themselves cannot pull out of this deal IF the release clause has been met, only Maddison himself can decide against it. That's the point of a release clause, the only thing that could happen now is another club comes in and also meets his release clause which would then come down to which club can offer Maddison the best deal. It obviously isn't clear cut but it's promising that their chairman has spoke out and we now know Lee met him.

Fingers crossed we will meet no stumbling blocks cause he really is quality and we simply don't have anyone like him
  • Wow!!!!!... Glad I was sitting down as my legs have genuinely gone
    Why what was you doing 😉.
  • bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Hoping I'm wrong.

Every one of the eight or so other Championship clubs will already be fully aware of the release clause and the fact that he's out of contract in the summer. Clearly none to date has met the release clause, but yes that could now change. It would be then up to Maddison if he wished to talk with any other club.
    Personally I don't think we have met the release clause anyway. Hopefully the offer on the table is enough for us to be the preferred destination. 
  • Scoham said:

Shagger.
  • Scoham said:

Alcohol