Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Hopefully its not a tweet from Darragh to create a bidding war and that we've simply met a release clause
    I’m guessing other teams would then meet that price and the bidding war would be on player wages?
  • VERYpPleased with that, I do wonder if Bows is going to play with wingers.

Exciting isn't it?

• Plays ACM doesn't he?
  • Plays ACM doesn't he?
    LM/LW or CAM yes. Good player, hope bows can keep his attitude on side if we do get him.
  • Would be happy with MM - good player and when the opportunity comes to sign someone like him you dont turn it down.

But.... In my view he is coming into a midfield role where we already have a lot of options. I see him as in the same role as Williams, Ozzy and Aneke. As I said you dont turn down the opportunity to sign him and there are significant doubts over those 3 and whether they will be here next season. 

But in my view the priority for the rest of the season should be a striker (2 if we lose Taylor), a back up for Cullen (as we have lost Kayal and really lack someone who can link the defence and attach and keep us ticking over) and then a utility left sided defender. This is probably a nice to have signing rather than a needed for the side right now.

Although perhaps Bow sees him playing more in the Gallagher role and provided some rotation there....
  • Potential marquee signing?

Or more bivouac?
  • SamE7 said:
    Ultimatum said:

Just saw this too, is it a good thing to be this open do we think? It's definitely interesting..
    I'd say a good thing from their point of view, it might encourage the other teams to up their bid.  If I was Southall, Bowyer or Gallen I'd be a bit annoyed.
    To be fair to Posh, that's hardly their problem, they've got no obligation to make it easy for us!

Indeed when looking back with previous sales of OUR players, there's been a distinct lack of competition which must have hurt the price.
  • terrible tattoos 
  • Sponsored links:

• Very happy if we manage to get this one done, rumoured to have a bit of an attitude problem but not sure how true that is and I'd like to think Bowyer would sort him out. 
  • Would be happy with MM - good player and when the opportunity comes to sign someone like him you dont turn it down.

But.... In my view he is coming into a midfield role where we already have a lot of options. I see him as in the same role as Williams, Ozzy and Aneke. As I said you dont turn down the opportunity to sign him and there are significant doubts over those 3 and whether they will be here next season. 

But in my view the priority for the rest of the season should be a striker (2 if we lose Taylor), a back up for Cullen (as we have lost Kayal and really lack someone who can link the defence and attach and keep us ticking over) and then a utility left sided defender. This is probably a nice to have signing rather than a needed for the side right now.

Although perhaps Bow sees him playing more in the Gallagher role and provided some rotation there....
    I would imagine this but would agree a backup for Cullen seems more of an issue now, I imagine they have something lined up there though if they're prepared to spend a decent wedge on Maddison.
  • edited January 2020
    Talal said:
    They were just meeting for coffee....

Yep and some people actually believed it.

Maddison Maddison Marcus Maddison
    Sha la la la la la la la la la la 
    Maddison Maddison Marcus Maddison

I asked the question myself the other day and was rightly pointed out that we're thinking of a Midfield that would have options if we had everyone fit - At the present we dont have that luxury where Bowyer even now is having to rush back players who could be playing U23 games - Bring in a couple more midfielders and Bowyer wont have to worry about players coming back so much

Not to mention we are still waiting for those players to return, by the time every gets up to speed we will be looking around March time

Who knows what'll happen between now and then
  • Quite an exciting one is this. When Peterborough sell an attacking player they usually go on to do very well.
  • Lots of Posh fans where I live, and they all say that he is a very talented player. It would certainly be impressive if a bid has been accepted for him because a lot of teams will be after him.
  • His stats this season look very pleasing. Hopefully can get this one over the line.
  • Plays ACM doesn't he?
    LM/LW or CAM yes. Good player, hope bows can keep his attitude on side if we do get him.

I can't remember the specifics but I'm sure he wound us up in the 0-0 there last season?

If so, we do need more of that kind of player to be honest. Although I am surprised we're splashing out on a winger.

• Sponsored links:

• Will play at the tip of the diamond or as a winger with Green on the opposite side. Exciting player when in form
  • To break it down I read somewhere he's got something like 52-goals and 70-assists for them in his 200-games
  • edited January 2020
    Everything i have read on here about his talent sounds good.  Seems a purchase which would be in line with the chairmans stated objective of building sensibly.  If we can get them fit and keep them fit then Cullen, Gallagher, Williams, Maddison, Greene and Field seems a strong midfield to me.

I would imagine this but would agree a backup for Cullen seems more of an issue now, I imagine they have something lined up there though if they're prepared to spend a decent wedge on Maddison.
    Agree mate and I get that the deals dont often happen in the order we want. Hopefully we get MM a striker and a back up for Cullen.
  • I spoke to Katrien about him on the pre season tour to Dublin a couple of years back and said he is the wort of player who could add something to the team and her words were "He's a decent player but his head is not right"

Time to see which of us was right isn't it!!