Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Sage said:
    If Maddison is to sign, he would allow us to play a number of different systems. He is also left footed and not afraid of having a go at goal. If he is to sign, as long as he works as hard as the other players, which would be demanded of him, he’d be a very good addition to the squad.

Maddison would allow us to play both him and Green wide, Taylor upfront with say Williams just behind, with those three rotating and causing problems. Give Gallagher and Pratley a rest every so often, and have Cullen and Field just behind them when they’re both fit, which won’t be too far now.

Though of course, this is all fantasy and playing tactics with players who aren’t fit yet or not even our players. But it’s good to have options within the squad, that’s the point and will benefit us. 
    Could not agree more, but would also add that we need to build a squad with serious depth. A squad that will also give us flexibility to change things when needed or other teams would struggle against.

Quality players welcome apply within!

• Harlee Dean sent off today, Marcus Maddison came on as a sub, Alex Mowatt played for Barnsley. John  Bostock not on the bench for Forest. Blackpool didn't play so Gnanduillet didn't feature. 
  • Sky Sports are saying that a number of Championship clubs are chasing Striker: Yohan Boli from STVV

Surely not...
    We could ask Thomas but he's not cheap!
  • RedRyan said:

https://theathletic.com/1518750/

Interesting article about January buys, though it does have a little of the Tommy D about it...
    Not a great poster boy for the article Torres literally won everything with that transfer. 
    He was also complete trash for Chelsea
  • RedRyan said:

Interesting article about January buys, though it does have a little of the Tommy D about it...
    Not a great poster boy for the article Torres literally won everything with that transfer. 
    He was also complete trash for ChelseaWhich created much fun and enjoyment!
  • Same source as the Harlee Dean rumour aka a lad making stuff up in his bedroom.
  • Scoham said:
    State of Steve Evans in that picture. 
    Wow, I noticed him and thought it was an over weight tannoy announced walking down the touch line until you posted that. The club doctor needs to have a chat with him
  • Same source as the Harlee Dean rumour aka a lad making stuff up in his bedroom.
    Would be a great signing if true.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    I'd say he's looking quite well by his standards. 
  • SamE7 said:
    Would everyone be happy with Harlee Dean? Seems to be getting a pasting from Birmingham fans 
    I’d stick with Oshilaja over him 
  • ChiAddick said:
    Same source as the Harlee Dean rumour aka a lad making stuff up in his bedroom.
    Would be a great signing if true.
    TC9 account is rubbish.
    always posting absolute drivel!
  • RedRyan said:

He was complete trash if you’re a football manager fan who only looks at stats, I know many actual Chelsea fans who said his work rate and endeavour and scoring some important goals made up for it.
  • RedRyan said:

He was complete trash if you’re a football manager fan who only looks at stats, I know many actual Chelsea fans who said his work rate and endeavour and scoring some important goals made up for it.
    One of the funniest misses ever when he put it past the post in front of an empty goal. Unbelievable Jeff.
  • Alex Pritchard has had a cyst behind his knee which has kept him out for much of the season. People might look and see he hasn’t been playing, but I don’t think Huddersfield would sell a player they spent over £10mil on. He’s likely to be part of Cowley’s plans once fit. 
  • Peterborough fans don’t seem to like Maddison at all. According to majority of their fans he has the wrong attitude, eats too much junk food, doesn’t care about the club, stays up until 2am playing xbox and is too inconsistent. Granted, a lot of those are probably exaggerations, written by fans who are frustrated by their recent dip in form, but a lot of them seem like they would be happy to see him go.

Mind you, I’d definitely still take him
  • Peterborough fans don’t seem to like Maddison at all. According to majority of their fans he has the wrong attitude, eats too much junk food, doesn’t care about the club, stays up until 2am playing xbox and is too inconsistent. Granted, a lot of those are probably exaggerations, written by fans who are frustrated by their recent dip in form, but a lot of them seem like they would be happy to see him go.

Sounds like Tony Watt 

Sounds like Tony Watt 
    I thought so too, clearly a lot of talent and ability but just a bad attitude. I’m sure Bowyer would be able to get the best out of him, though

Sounds like Tony Watt 
    I thought so too, clearly a lot of talent and ability but just a bad attitude. I’m sure Bowyer would be able to get the best out of him, though
    You’d like to think so.
  • Sponsored links:

As I don't watch Peterborough often, if at all, from the outside they always seem something not quite right.  They always seem to have a few players much bigger clubs covert, always start the season well then never seem to get in the play offs. 

Either the players aren't as good as people think, the other players are total dross or their is some problem with motivation. 
  • RedRyan said:

I’m not having that. He was bought for 50million to score goals and failed. That included a couple of the worst misses ever. Working hard isn’t enough to justify a 50mil price tag. 
  • Sage said:
    Alex Pritchard has had a cyst behind his knee which has kept him out for much of the season. People might look and see he hasn’t been playing, but I don’t think Huddersfield would sell a player they spent over £10mil on. He’s likely to be part of Cowley’s plans once fit. 
    Pritchard cost 10mil? Bloody hell thats crazy money. He’s ok but nothing special. 
  • robroy said:
    196 posts talking about Eddie Eddie Eddie Youds
    Thought you might be interested, I've got Eddie Youds signed CAFC shirt. 
    He's an Estate Agent now.
    Now that does surprise me. How do you know that?  what area? 
    Beckenham.

I'm local to there, had a colleague of his come out to value my property a few years back.
    I thought he was a builder and drinks in the crown at Blackheath. Used to see him on London Bridge platform in his building gear. 

Good few years ago. So good for him if he’s got a new business 
    In the early 2000's I saw him in The Crown.

He's a big unit.
  • edited January 2020
    bobmunro said:
     Been out all day, just checked my phone to see  3 pages of "rumours".......on reading its mostly people debating buy-back clauses.

Ffs....Are we ever going to actually buy someone..!!  And I don't believe the deals for Keane & Gnanduillet have fallen through because we now have bugger fish to fry......more like we have no fecking money. 

Going to laugh tomorrow at all tte poor sids rocking up to their first game in years to find we have Davison up front & Hemed as cover on the bench. Ye gods.

Ignore GA everyone I am pretty sure he is either completely off his rocker, or just putting things for a LOL reaction because he cant think of anything actually funny. Tomorrow is just one game, a bit of patience I would rather we signed the right person rather than just anyone to fill gaps.

3 weeks left of this transfer window might be painful, but I will look forward to the Summer one :)

My money is on the former.
    Posts very interesting stories about his sex life though.

Any more btw @golfaddick?
    Not that I can post on here........this thread is only for rumours....😁
    It's not.  Your eye watering stories are priceless.
  • RedRyan said:

I’m not having that. He was bought for 50million to score goals and failed. That included a couple of the worst misses ever. Working hard isn’t enough to justify a 50mil price tag. 
    was just about to reply that. They could have got someone to do that for a lot cheaper
  • Scoham said:
    He looks like he's got one of those sumo suits on under his clothes
  • Sage said:Sage said:
    Alex Pritchard has had a cyst behind his knee which has kept him out for much of the season. People might look and see he hasn’t been playing, but I don’t think Huddersfield would sell a player they spent over £10mil on. He’s likely to be part of Cowley’s plans once fit. 

He currently had 18 months left on his current deal.  It depends how much of a revamp Cowley wants to do.  They may want to get rid now and bring in 2 or 3 players in for the same wages.

He would be exactly the type, and age, of player I would expect we would would pay for if we are going to spend some.

Wages however could be a problem.  

Sounds like Tony Watt 
    I'd like to see Bow get hold of him for a month, I'd wager Watt would quit football and become a movie critic or something. ;)